WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Acura RDX?

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
My oldest daughter is car shopping. Shes looking at MB GLB 250, I informed her maybe look at Acura RDX and Lexus NX as well. Shes going to be racking some miles on this as she is a Makeup artist and does quite a bit of commuting and needs the cargo space of a Small SUV for her supplies. Shes not really interested in the standard Honda CRV, Kia or Toyota offerings. Anyone have input on a nicer small SUV that can take a beating without costing a small fortune on maintenance and reliabilty (hence the steer away from the MB).
Thanks- Dave

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Is she buying new?
Could she really go wrong with any of those 3? Just make sure she gets out of it before the warranty expires.

traquer

Reaction score
Mazda makes some great looking stuff and is cheap enough brand new.

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
Most likely going new. As far as the Mazda, I tried to get her into one of those before she bought her current Honda civic, it didnt do anything for her.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
We had an Acura RDX for 3 years, lease, it was a nice vehicle and never gave us any problems. They are stupid fast for an SUV and get great mileage on the highway, about 38 mpg at 70 but around town fuel mileage sucked, we were lucky to get 23 mpg. Power will destroy fuel mileage and if a vehicle has good power your prone to use it.

We just got a Lexus NX 300 hybrid a week ago so I can't tell you about fuel mileage or dependability yet. It is a nice vehicle, much better fit and finish then when the NX line was introduced years ago.

Historically speaking, for the luxury brands Lexus is hard to beat on the dependability front so if she likes the NX I would push her in that direction but the Acura would not be a bad choice either.

Ragged Edge

Man in the Box
Reaction score
Oh, and if she decides on the Lexus we worked with Kenny Baisley, Internet Sales at Lexus of Westminster, 714-890-4612. He was super easy to work with, knows his products and no BS.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
My wife has one, absolutely loves it. Even the base model is loaded up. Acura doesn't seem to have as many tiers as the other lux brands.

boatpi

Reaction score
Look at a 2019 MBZ GLC 350E, plug in hybrid, get certified used. I have one, friend just purchased one. Sick fast at 325HP, car pool lane sticker, built in Germany, very high quality, never nay issues.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
We all have Acura. 2 RDxs and one MDX
I have to say I like the RDX better than the TLX we had. It's not quite as fast for me but the turbo does a nice job.
I think it's more comfy too. The seats have so many adjustments and the screen shows you what you're doing.
I think it's about 22 mpg hwy last time we were out but I have a lead foot. :)
We have the Advanced package. I would have liked the 2 screens though like on the TLX. The main screen does split the view for navi or stereo.
The one screen takes a bit of finesse with the mouse pad but works great.
image0000001 (7).jpg

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Used certified Lexus or Acura (or Toyota or Honda) would be ideal.

New Mazda, as others have said, would be great

Look at a 2019 MBZ GLC 350E, plug in hybrid, get certified used. I have one, friend just purchased one. Sick fast at 325HP, car pool lane sticker, built in Germany, very high quality, never nay issues.

That vehicle starts at $52,000. And owning a used German car with all kinds of computers and electronics, without a warranty is asking for an empty wallet

boatpi

Reaction score
A FRIEND JUST PURCHASED A CERTIFIED 350e 100k WARRANTY FOR 38k.

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
Ok update here.... daughter says the Acura is fine. Says she’s good with the ASpec (Loaded up version). I’m talking to a couple of dealers and they’re asking full MSRP on these stupid things! WTF? I didn’t even pay full msrp in my damn 911. Fucking 9mm bullets are $1 a round and Acura’s are in some sort of shortage too? Did I miss a meeting or memo or what?

Rant off.

I’m getting a beer...

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Is she paying cash or financing?

If the later, lease it. These are really popular cars (that's why they are selling at MSRP). She'll have no issues selling the car at the end of the lease term, regardless of miles, for close to or above the residual value.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Ok update here.... daughter says the Acura is fine. Says she’s good with the ASpec (Loaded up version). I’m talking to a couple of dealers and they’re asking full MSRP on these stupid things! WTF? I didn’t even pay full msrp in my damn 911. Fucking 9mm bullets are $1 a round and Acura’s are in some sort of shortage too? Did I miss a meeting or memo or what?

Rant off.

I’m getting a beer...
The only reason my wife didn’t get an RDX with the advanced package In 2019 was they would not budge from MSRP. I thought it was because they were just updated, but it looks like they are still playing those games.

stevesdcb

Reaction score
Picked up a 2018 RDX, V6, AWD, lease return a couple of months......nice car. Good friend who is a Honda Tech highly recommended it.

bbrownster

Reaction score
We have a TL and 3 RDX in the family. Looked like an Acura showroom at our house at Christmas. Love the cars!

Inland Air Balance

Certified in something
Reaction score
Political input.
Do they sell American cars where you live ?
Not ones that last more then 50k miles based upon my experience with my last 3 fords & 2 chevys. And I’m having a hard time getting 21 yo female daughter that works in the fashion industry to drive a Dodge truck. 🙃