WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

ADAM GARCIA (WIRED FOR SOUND) RIP

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I am at a total loss for words right now. For those that don't know Adam had a heart attack earlier this summer at the Lake Havasu Boat show, and then not long after that he had another one. He started taking his health seriously and went on a shake diet, quit drinking, no more sweets etc... He lost 82 lbs since then, and honestly changed his whole life around. In retrospect it seems stupid now, but honestly I just kind of took it for granted that he was going to be ok, and his heart problems were behind him. Unfortunately that wasn't the case.

I have known Adam a little over 20 years. He is one of the people that had a pretty large influence on my life, and has done so much for me I don't think I could ever put it all into words. He lived life hard, and he lived life loud.. Always the life of the party, and had the biggest heart of anyone I know. There's so much I want to say, but honestly I just can't find the words.

RD

rrrr

Reaction score
My condolences to RD and others who knew this man. It's difficult to get your arms around the death of a longtime friend. Something as simple as scrolling through the contacts on your cell phone and seeing the person's name can cause a flood of hurt, grief, anger, and irrevocable loss.

RIP

bobbytheboozer

resident boozer
Reaction score
Absolutely horrible. I met him once in parker and you could tell he was a really awesome and great man. RIP.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I only knew Adam from the stories here. Seemed like a solid dude that you could actually call a friend.

Godspeed Adam. Prayers to your family

Cdog

Reaction score
I never met him but he sounds like he was a hell of a guy. Godspeed!

RodnJen

Reaction score
RIP our thoughts are with his family and friends.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Aww shit man....so sorry

I didn't know Adam well, but we did a little business and he was straightforward and easy to work with.

Dave

Last edited:

RiverDiva

"Team RDP"
Reaction score
To clarify, that note was written by his family not Adam. They are going to put another post up clarifying what happened. Adam was doing the complete opposite of taking his life...he was fighting feverishly to save it. He recently found love and his girlfriend Amanda was by his side helping him lose weight and get healthy. He was being monitored and medicated for his heart failure, he wasn’t drinking, etc. His heart just stopped. He passed at home in his bed.

Adam was an awesome man with an infectious sense of humor. Since I’ve known Dave I’ve known Adam. He was always found at the sandbar in Parker. Once he moved to Havasu he brought several of us together that would not have been connected if it weren’t for Adam. Our little Havasu family has a gaping hole in it right now.

Rest In Peace Adam. You will forever be in our hearts.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Yes maam.

GodSpeed to him.

Very sad.

To clarify, that note was written by his family not Adam. They are going to put another post up clarifying what happened. Adam was doing the complete opposite of taking his life...he was fighting feverishly to save it. He recently found love and his girlfriend Amanda was by his side helping him lose weight and get healthy. He was being monitored and medicated for his heart failure, he wasn’t drinking, etc. His heart just stopped. He passed at home in his bed.

Adam was an awesome man with an infectious sense of humor. Since I’ve known Dave I’ve known Adam. He was always found at the sandbar in Parker. Once he moved to Havasu he brought several of us together that would not have been connected if it weren’t for Adam. Our little Havasu family has a gaping hole in it right now.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Wow so sad. I didn’t know Adam but may he Rest In Peace. My heart goes out to his friends and family during this difficult time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FreeBird236

Reaction score
I'm another who didn't have the pleasure of meeting him, must have been a great guy, very sorry for family and friends. RIP Adam.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
I did not know Adam personnaly except to enjoy watching him launch his boat at Echo about 10 years ago.He made that ramp look easy and off they would go.The boat looked awesome.
Down the road in the future the memories all of you have of a good friend will be incredible.

NicPaus

Reaction score
When our launch ramp was in its worst condition he would use the boat to get truck moving up the ramp. Our ramp is the worst I have used and he made it look easy no matter what condition he was in.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I only met him once or twice, didn’t really know him.
We lost an icon of sorts. I see WFS stickers all over the place and have for a long time.
Cruising through Flagstaff last year I saw a Wired sticker on an F250.

Some years ago I was in St. George Utah and saw a Wired sticker.
Later in the same trip saw a couple more at Coral Pink.

The dude made something great, and touched many lives in a positive way and obviously has many people that loved him.
I’d call that a pretty successful human existence!
It seems for some reason the good ones are always taken way too soon.
Rest In Peace Adam.

wallnutz

Reaction score

We all feel your pain, know that we have yours and Adam’s families in our thoughts and prayers. That hole will be a hard one to fill.

boatnam2

Reaction score
When our launch ramp was in its worst condition he would use the boat to get truck moving up the ramp. Our ramp is the worst I have used and he made it look easy no matter what condition he was in.
I'm still not sure how he would do it so easily but he did, even with a blower motor he had it mastered.

Joe mama

Reaction score
Met him along time ago when he lived in canyon lake next door to my ex’s nephew Shawn. Totally nice dude. Later sent my buddy to him and at that time he also did lifts. He tricked out this Hugh top kick with the works. Last time I talked to him was at Desert Storm and as always a pleasure to talk with. Like said above the good ones seem to leave to soon. Thoughts and prayers to his family and close friends.

instagator

Reaction score
I just talked with him last friday at the channel, He looked good, told me he felt good,,,,, So sad to hear this, He was such a nice guy and a pleasure to be around,
He will be missed by many. Rest in peace Adam

ShockwaveBobSquarePants

Reaction score
I've known Adam for years first as a long time customer and then I had the pleasure of working for him. I still remember that time of my life very fondly, every day at WFS was a new challenge but we all worked together to get the job done. Even though it was only stereos, there was a real satisfaction to that job and working for somebody that had such a legacy in the area.

Our paths rarely crossed over the last few years but Adam is one of the only people that I'm Facebook friends with. Even though I don't use Facebook much, I would constantly cruise through his page just to see what he was up to in Havasu. We used to talk about opening another WFS in Havasu all the time, I'm glad he finally got the opportunity to do it.

I can't tell you how much time we spent hanging at the little sandbar in Parker with him and his family. His dad was like a grandpa to my kids when they were little, now they're adults. I was really sad to hear about his dad passing not that long ago, but this is just totally out of the blue to me. Really, really sad. One of the funniest guys I ever knew, especially when he was busting somebody's chops. Condolences to his family and all that called him a friend.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Those of you who were close to him have painted a picture of a man anyone would like to be friends with. The pain you are all feeling is evident.
This has been a rough summer for the RDP family, too many people we know and love have left us. It is never easy.
I guess, when you care, it isn't supposed to be. Still dealing with Kenny's loss myself.
And not a day goes by that I don't think of Dawson.
To everyone hurting, you are in my thoughts.
RD...
I am reminded of something Breanna told us Dawson became fond of saying near the end of his life.
"Don't cry that it is over, smile that it happened". I think of that often during times like these.
Take the time you need to heal my friend.

NicPaus

Reaction score
I've known Adam for years first as a long time customer and then I had the pleasure of working for him. I still remember that time of my life very fondly, every day at WFS was a new challenge but we all worked together to get the job done. Even though it was only stereos, there was a real satisfaction to that job and working for somebody that had such a legacy in the area.

Our paths rarely crossed over the last few years but Adam is one of the only people that I'm Facebook friends with. Even though I don't use Facebook much, I would constantly cruise through his page just to see what he was up to in Havasu. We used to talk about opening another WFS in Havasu all the time, I'm glad he finally got the opportunity to do it.

I can't tell you how much time we spent hanging at the little sandbar in Parker with him and his family. His dad was like a grandpa to my kids when they were little, now they're adults. I was really sad to hear about his dad passing not that long ago, but this is just totally out of the blue to me. Really, really sad. One of the funniest guys I ever knew, especially when he was busting somebody's chops. Condolences to his family and all that called him a friend.

Random that last weekend was hanging at upper sand bar with Chris his old partner. He had not been out to Echo since my first year or 2 there staying with Adam. Spent many days hanging there with him and our Echo Crew. How often do you see boats side tied at Fox's after a day at the sandbar. Adam side tied Betsy to my boat when no parking spots.

NicPaus

Reaction score
Never! He loved his sleep. Always one of the first ones out while the rest of us would party until sunrise.

I was at a celebration of life today. Big guy Bigger heart just like Adam. Same deal heart problems. Adam was not the healthiest eater. I did get him to eat some things he "Hated" and he went back for more.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score

Thanks stacey, for clearing that up, after knowing adam since the inception of WFS when him and Chris teamed up, i couldnt sleep thinking about it, i had a hard time believing that he was the one to write the post.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Singleton

Reaction score

Hell no! Big guy, with a big heart that would help anyone. His ticker just stopped working! Very sad, since he was doing what was needed to live a healthier life.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
The good ones die young.

RIP Adam.

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
RD, Friends and Family of Adam, my condolences. May you find peace in your fond memories of a stand up guy. RIP and Godspeed to Adam

Spectra18

Reaction score
Hell no! Big guy, with a big heart that would help anyone. His ticker just stopped working! Very sad, since he was doing what was needed to live a healthier life.

Gotcha thanks for clarification

Dport

Reaction score
Very sorry to hear. I feel for all who knew Adam so well.

sirbob

Reaction score
I hate hearing these stories... Sometimes in life you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

To loose 82 lbs is a very inspirational story, I'm so sorry it had a sad ending.

RIP to great friend to many.

ShockwaveBobSquarePants

Reaction score
Random that last weekend was hanging at upper sand bar with Chris his old partner. He had not been out to Echo since my first year or 2 there staying with Adam. Spent many days hanging there with him and our Echo Crew. How often do you see boats side tied at Fox's after a day at the sandbar. Adam side tied Betsy to my boat when no parking spots.

Odd coincidence, I was getting gas at the Chevron on Jefferson the other day (the one across from the Del Taco) and on the other side of the pump from me was Chris. I just caught a glimpse of him when he was getting in his truck and leaving. I actually didn't know Chris that well, but I know him to say hi. He started working for Adam about the time I left. This was just like Wednesday of last week. I hadn't seen Chris in years. He used to live near me near the Morgan Hill area of Temecula but I haven't seen his huge truck in a couple years.

ShockwaveBobSquarePants

Reaction score
Never! He loved his sleep. Always one of the first ones out while the rest of us would party until sunrise.

I was at a celebration of life today. Big guy Bigger heart just like Adam. Same deal heart problems. Adam was not the healthiest eater. I did get him to eat some things he "Hated" and he went back for more.

My wife asked me the same thing when I told her. I said to the best of my knowledge, I never observed anything that would make me think so. I'm pretty straight laced myself so I think people tend to hide it from me and I never really know for sure.

NicPaus

Reaction score
My wife asked me the same thing when I told her. I said to the best of my knowledge, I never observed anything that would make me think so. I'm pretty straight laced myself so I think people tend to hide it from me and I never really know for sure.
Another friend asked me earlier also. I can guarantee he never did while I knew him when I was around. No need to hide it from me.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I just wanted to take a second and thank everyone who reached out to me with condolences whether that be in text, social media or on here. I appreciate it and it means a lot.

Things are moving forward and I will make sure to let his friends know when the services are and where we go from here.

RD

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
I never had the opportunity to meet Adam, but I know that he has been around a long time and he has the reputation of being one of the good guys .

RIP and godspeed

buck35

Reaction score
My condolences to all that have lost a friend and all around good guy. How young was he,not that it matters ?
I have seen so many former classmates in the obits it's a bit scary.:eek:

fishing fool

Reaction score
My condolences to all that have lost a friend and all around good guy. How young was he,not that it matters ?
I have seen so many former classmates in the obits it's a bit scary.:eek:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many of you watched the Pod Cast with Boats and Shows, but Adam talks about his life, history behind Wired 4 Sound, His health, and just about everything else you can think of. For those that know Adam it was pretty powerful, now that he has passed even more so.

YouTube Link

QC22

Landing Loser
Reaction score
So sad. Without knowing, I introduced myself to Dave soon after he found out. Dave kept up a brave face for the rest of Halletts in Havasu which I know was tough. Thank you!

Businesses have a really hard time after events like this. I will try and shoot them some business in the following weeks.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I had barely met the man a couple times in the channel.
My favorite story about Adam is how he was able to contort into small spaces doing his work. For me it's like visualizing a sail boat inside a glass bottle.

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many of you watched the Pod Cast with Boats and Shows, but Adam talks about his life, history behind Wired 4 Sound, His health, and just about everything else you can think of. For those that know Adam it was pretty powerful, now that he has passed even more so.

YouTube Link

I hadn’t seen that interview before, it’s very tough to watch, very sad.

fishing fool

Reaction score
Yes the doors are still open at wired4sound

So sad. Without knowing, I introduced myself to Dave soon after he found out. Dave kept up a brave face for the rest of Halletts in Havasu which I know was tough. Thank you!

Businesses have a really hard time after events like this. I will try and shoot them some business in the following weeks.