WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Adding RV garage/Car port

BLOWN HOWARD

Reaction score
Wanting to add a RV garage or car port in the back located in the Rancho Cucamonga area, anybody have any connections with the city or should i skip the permit process. Looking to go towards a dirt floor style rv carport with 3 sides if i can not pull off a garage with the setbacks needed?

dspracing

Reaction score
I did a retaining wall in Rancho for my parents. I couldn't believe how helpful and easy to deal with the city was. They have it all set up in stations, you get approval from each required station and we walked out with a permit in under an hour. I'm sure your permit would be a bit more involved but I wouldn't hesitate to go down and talk to them.

Icky

Reaction score
Let me know what you find out, I heard they weren't allowed in Rancho Cucamonga. I'd like to add an RV garage in the future, but a carport would be way cheaper.

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
Let me know what you find out, I heard they weren't allowed in Rancho Cucamonga. I'd like to add an RV garage in the future, but a carport would be way cheaper.

That’s why you call it a barn or storage shed. Hence Brian’s barn for his “horses” lol
His we did w 5ft setbacks side and rear
For sure it’s no walk in and out same day with anything.
Plans and engineering supplied by you.
Submit pay fees and wait, month or so later you’ll get call with corrections and or ready. Then pay more fees

Icky

Reaction score
That’s why you call it a barn or storage shed. Hence Brian’s barn for his “horses” lol
His we did w 5ft setbacks side and rear
For sure it’s no walk in and out same day with anything.
Plans and engineering supplied by you.
Submit pay fees and wait, month or so later you’ll get call with corrections and or ready. Then pay more fees
I'm not sure I could get away with calling it a barn in my area. I figured if someone got the ok for a carport in rancho, I'd be in line behind them signing up👍 pool first

DLC

Reaction score
pulling a permit can be hazardous so be careful

I raised a dbl 2x14 Wanted it above the ceiling line rather than below the ceiling line and it took 3.5 months and I had to do 30“ deep footings With HD’s and epoxy special inspection 5 1/4 x14 micro lam sitting on 6x6’s in a 2x4 wall With shear panel Wall to roof sheeting above and The original old double 2x14’s had nuttin ...... and sitting on a 3 inch slab For 40 years!!

this was San Diego county

Melloyellovector

Reaction score
I'm not sure I could get away with calling it a barn in my area. I figured if someone got the ok for a carport in rancho, I'd be in line behind them signing up👍 pool first

Pool first, stop spending my money! Lol
Then I’ll help with garage process

BLOWN HOWARD

Reaction score
Whats the repercussion if i skip the permit process and just slap up a 3 sided sheet metal type rv carport deal