WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Adults that love Disney

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
Can some one explain why some adult absolutely go nuts over Disney land.

Just had a coffee date with a women that talked about her up coming trip. She has no kids and is going with just her girlfriends. The way she talked about it was like she was going too see baby jebus

They were brainwashed as children.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Dinneyland would be fine if it wasn't for the crowds. I don't mind waiting for 15-20 minutes for a ride, but over an hour - forget about it! Yes, the prices are high, but it's also an amusement park. It would be nice if they could limit the amount of people they let in, that would seriously improve the quality of the experience. I do enjoy the rides and the talent it takes to make them realistic, but again, crowds and bratty, screaming kids just sour me on the place.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I remember years ago going to Disneyland over the Holidays. It was so packed that it was hard to find a place just to sit down. And I thought to myself, this isn't what Walt Disney had in mind.

DWC

Reaction score
100% get it if you have kids or even out of town visitors. There are way better places to eat and/or people watch in So Cal for a fraction of the price. Standing in line for an hour to ride something you’ve been on 100’s of times.. No thanks.

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
Well, I'm one of them.

The short of it is this..

Quoting Walt Disney "I don’t want the public to see the world they live in while they’re in the Park (Disneyland). I want to feel they’re in another world."

We had terrorist attacks, housing market crash, and other bullshit. It was nice to not live in that world even if it was just for a little bit.

JD D05

Reaction score
I would never go there as am adult without my kids but I had a blast when I was there with them. I can actually see the backside of cars land right now from my hotel room. We come here every year for cheer and have not been in 4 years. I guess some of it is money but mostly we never have a full day to go do it.

Meaney77

Reaction score
We were just there last week and my wife and I had this same discussion- we dont get it either.

We were waiting in line for one of the rides and I started chatting with 2 very gay men in line behind us. They both flew out from Missouri for spring break and were planning to spend the entire week there enjoying the park. Kinda crazy...

For anyone wondering, I read something that each park makes ~$6.2 Mil/day- not sure if true or not but I know my wallet came home way lighter and thinner.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
We were just there last week and my wife and I had this same discussion- we dont get it either.

We were waiting in line for one of the rides and I started chatting with 2 very gay men in line behind us. They both flew out from Missouri for spring break and were planning to spend the entire week there enjoying the park. Kinda crazy...

For anyone wondering, I read something that each park makes ~$6.2 Mil/day- not sure if true or not but I know my wallet came home way lighter and thinner.
I own a fair chunk of Disney stock so I always appreciate you ( or anyone else ) spending money there.:D

riverroyal

Reaction score

This is accurate if they were open for 6 hours. Its closer to a million a hour.
When carsland was built the 'bank' was relocated

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Not me, not when I was a skinny 170 pound teenager and more so know that Im older. Magic Mountain was made for midgets and really, the entire place is set up for primitive level extroverts. To many fucking people and the rides are made for tiny people. Shit, my young kids didnt fit in the rides a couple of years ago, let alone my now fat ass. The gross amount of people allowed in to the park on a daily basis cant be Kosher with the LAPD..It's ridiculous
Huh? Is your post about Disneyland or Magic Mountain? Either way, neither of them are in LAPD jurisdiction.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Last time I went was a blast. Great dinner, saw an awesome show, and didn't have to stand in one line!

Roger Penski rented the Whole park for a company Christmas party. It was fun running around the whole park with your crazy co-workers. :p

This was 20 years ago maybe?

No intention of ever going back. The cost isn't worth it to me. :)

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
I agree 100%. Adults that are obsessed with Disney are usually fucking weirdos. I find that it’s usually a fat white chick who drives a Hyundai with stuffed animals in the rear package shelf and possibly bangs black dudes. Another trait of the fat white female adult Disney lover is like 300 keychains attached to her 2011 Hyundai car keys. Pretty good chance she takes care of and lives with a disabled relative and has at least 3 cats. Before I was married I was on Match.com for many years and any Disney swag in a profile picture was an automatic no fucking way. On a side note Disney loving chicks might be crazier than horse riding chicks.

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
I agree 100%. Adults that are obsessed with Disney are usually fucking weirdos. I find that it’s usually a fat white chick who drives a Hyundai with stuffed animals in the rear package shelf and possibly bangs black dudes. Another trait of the fat white female adult Disney lover is like 300 keychains attached to her 2011 Hyundai car keys. Pretty good chance she takes care of and lives with a disabled relative and has at least 3 cats. Before I was married I was on Match.com for many years and any Disney swag in a profile picture was an automatic no fucking way. On a side note Disney loving chicks might be crazier than horse riding chicks.

I think you're fucking spot on. lol

milkmoney

Reaction score
What a bunch of judgmental assclowns. [emoji39][emoji202]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

lbhsbz

Putting on the brakes
Reaction score
I've been there once as an adult, never again. The wife and her sister love it. I fail to see the attraction of standing in lines all day to spend a cumulative 15 minutes riding kids rides.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Come on, this is RDP, don't hold back tell us how you really feel! Lol

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
What a bunch of judgmental assclowns. [emoji39][emoji202]

And that is different than any other thread on RDP how?:confused::D

But i do agree, people are going someplace that they are happy and some want to shitonthem for it. LOL

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
And that is different than any other thread on RDP how?:confused::D

But i do agree, people are going someplace that they are happy and some want to shitonthem for it. LOL
It’s all in good fun, I’m sure people call us river trash too

Cobalt232

Reaction score
You forgot pink or dyed black short hair. Otherwise, perfect description.

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
I think it's amazing that so many of you have such a hatred of people that like Disney.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
When I grew up in the 60's and 70's we would go once per year and it was great. When our kids were little, we had one of the passes, and it was OK. I only went a few times with them when I knew it wouldn't be too crowded AND we could get Blue Bayou reservations. Went a couple years ago around Halloween when we had friends in town. Was so crowded it was terrible vowed not to go back until we have grandkids. Ended up going last year on Cal State Fullerton night and it was great as they closed the park with the exception of the Cal State Fullerton folks. Was even able to get into Blue Bayou restaurant without reservations even though no reservations were available a couple of weeks out.

Dirty Daytona

Reaction score
I think it's amazing that so many of you have such a hatred of people that like Disney.
I reviewed all of the posts and didn’t see the word “hate” one time. Come on bro people are just having fun!!!! Lighten up Francis!!!

j21black

Reaction score
Not Disneyland, but Disney Cruises are great.

A little pricey compared to the others but it keeps the rip raff of the boat. Adults only areas, you don't have to see Mickey unless you choose to.

rivergames

Reaction score
I only like Disneyland when I'm doing tile work inside the park and they PAY ME TO GO!

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
My wifes cousin is a Disney nerd. Her entire house is decorated floor to ceiling, every room, every nook and cranny with Disney stuff. Coffee table is a plexiglas box with a highly detailed animatronic display of Main st.
Spending the night in that place was like sleeping in a spook house. :confused:

TCHB

Reaction score
Not Disneyland, but Disney Cruises are great.

A little pricey compared to the others but it keeps the rip raff of the boat. Adults only areas, you don't have to see Mickey unless you choose to.
We want to take our granddaughter on a Disney cruise soon.

DaveC

Car-boat motors
Reaction score
I hate the place.

I always joke the only reason I even set foot in the place (every few years) is because I don't want to be known as one of those asshole dads that doesn't take their kids to Disneyland. LOL

I am almost done. The oldest lost interest. The youngest has a few more years.

I think I will be paroled from ever going there after one or two more visits. (after the kids see the new Star Wars land)

The best part of the joint is the band. :p:D

Besides I would rather go to the adult version of disneyland (the river) and ride the adult rides. LOL

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Going to Disneyland and standing in line for hours to go on a 5 minute kiddie ride reminds me too much of going shopping (browsing) with my wife all day. :( Just kill me instead!!! Unless I had grandkids I would never go back to D-Land again, lol.

milkmoney

Reaction score
You are actually being a judgmental assclown for judging us on our judgements!!! Lol
That is one way to look at it. I love Disney for what it stands for ...I dint like the lines or the cost that goes with it.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I remember years ago going to Disneyland over the Holidays. It was so packed that it was hard to find a place just to sit down. And I thought to myself, this isn't what Walt Disney had in mind.

I watched a documentary one time (I believe actually at Disneyland strangely enough) that was saying when the park opened they had invited like 5,000 guests and 15-20,000 showed up.. LOL. Don't quote me on the #'s for all I remember it could have been 10 and 50,000.. But it was more than triple the amount of people that were supposed to come I do remember that.

RD

oldschool

Reaction score
It's crazy, who in their right mind would go someplace that they know is going to be way overcrowded.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Growing up in So Cal Disneyland was not only a special part of my childhood, but also a part of my teenage years. We lived about an hour and a half south of the Park in Carlsbad CA. That was back when you could actually drive on a freeway and get somewhere in an hour and a half.

I don't think the problems are with the park itself, but rather with the symptom that all of California is dealing with, just plain old overcrowding. When I was a kid you could drive down to the beach, park literally on parts of the beach on 101, get out of your car and have a campfire etc.. Now you have to pay to park, drive around for two hours looking for a spot, and god help you if you try to light a fire.

The paradise I grew up in is gone.. and unfortunately the theme park has to deal with that same issue of just too many people and not enough space.

When I take my kids to Disneyland I still get a big grin walking down Main Street, and it really is the happiest place on earth. I stand in awe of what kind of man Walt Disney was, and how he not only built Disney but helped to shape the world. I often wonder if he knew the impact he would have on so many people, and think about the trials and tribulations he must have dealt with in doing so.

An amazing man, and contributed quite a bit to not only to the world, but made a living making children happy.. Not too many people can claim to have brought as much joy to the world as that man did.

RD

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Aside from the crowds and shit...
....so much misery in this world and there's a place that doesn't project that in it's agenda...but yet haters still come out and complain...lol go figure.

Fuck Walt!!

Lol

Socalx09

Reaction score
The problem is definitely overcrowding. I would never go in the summer or holidays. It is a mad house. Kids get impatient and so do adults. There have been times I have gone there and said nope! And went to downtown Disney to the UVA bar. If you could go in the middle of the week, the lines aren’t bad. I will never forget how happy my nephews were in Cars Land. The skill involved to transform that area into a place were the kids think they are in radiator springs is awesome. Also, how they keep it clean unlike other parks is nice.

Singleton

Reaction score
Don’t understand adults that go without kids, but don’t question it either.
Dated someone in college that was a Disney nut. She worked the Disney summer program. She was an example - crazy in head = crazy in bed :) Only missed the sex when that relationship was over. My parents missed her more then me, since my college GPA was over
3.7 the 2 semesters and summer school we were together.

Wife and I took my daughter to Disneyland for 3 days. That was a birthday gift for her. That was the 1 and only trip we will make and we live in Carlsbad. We will do a 7 day Disneyworld trip in the next 2 years and then we are done until we go with grandkids.

cxr

Reaction score
Y
Growing up in So Cal Disneyland was not only a special part of my childhood, but also a part of my teenage years. We lived about an hour and a half south of the Park in Carlsbad CA. That was back when you could actually drive on a freeway and get somewhere in an hour and a half.

I don't think the problems are with the park itself, but rather with the symptom that all of California is dealing with, just plain old overcrowding. When I was a kid you could drive down to the beach, park literally on parts of the beach on 101, get out of your car and have a campfire etc.. Now you have to pay to park, drive around for two hours looking for a spot, and god help you if you try to light a fire.

The paradise I grew up in is gone.. and unfortunately the theme park has to deal with that same issue of just too many people and not enough space.

When I take my kids to Disneyland I still get a big grin walking down Main Street, and it really is the happiest place on earth. I stand in awe of what kind of man Walt Disney was, and how he not only built Disney but helped to shape the world. I often wonder if he knew the impact he would have on so many people, and think about the trials and tribulations he must have dealt with in doing so.

An amazing man, and contributed quite a bit to not only to the world, but made a living making children happy.. Not too many people can claim to have brought as much joy to the world as that man did.

RD
You know I ask myself that about a lot of visionaries... WTF did they see that I could not

Disney
Bugsy Siegal- Vegas
Don Laughlin
McCullough -Lake Havasu

etc.

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score
Don’t understand adults that go without kids, but don’t question it either.

Me, the wife, my best friend, his wife and friends good friend went their probably 8 years ago and had a blast. We piled in my motorhome and drove there from the SF Bay Area.
They stayed in a hotel we stayed at Orange RV park or whatever it was called.
It was kind of cool not having to cater to what the kids wanted because we didn’t bring any.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
My adult daughters and their GF's put on their Disney Princess Tiaras, grab a fast pass, then have drinks at most excellent UVA, Cove or Carthay Circle Disney Resort bars until their ride time hits, then hit one of the panic rides. Then, pull another fast pass, have another cocktail then hit another E ticket ride. Then a nice dinner and do it again, then a drink and again. Usually there are some hard dick OC dudes that buy them drinks. The girls never spend any time in lines, nor a dime on drinks and are dialed in with the fast pass system.

Now it's all done on Apps and they can stack their fast passes with some Magic Moments kinds dealio, damfino how that rolls, have their drinks between rides,, snacks, selfies with Elsa and that other Princess. It's a BFD for chix. A HUGE BFD.
All this off a $300 annual pass.
I park the RV a few blocks away at the Orangeland RV park or the $20 per nite Elks campground. The girls Lyft back, sleep it off, RV sleeps 12,,, then do it again the next day.
They are in their childhood element that they love. The stories, music and characters that they grew up with. No one is holding a 9 to your head to go.

Me, well, I'm on a first name basis with all the Disney Resort Bartenders.
Maynard and my Wife don't get Disney, it's all lost on them. I get it that they don't get it.
I haven't stood in a Disney ride line in over 15 years. Fast passed a few coasters a couple times in that span as well.

Wife gets some big bank bonus's for attending and getting certs and re-certs from seminars at the Convention center located across from the Disney Resort.
I bar hop while Ali is in classes.
I meet some of the most amazing and fantastic people at the Disney bars on vacation, having fun.

Adults mostly turn their kids loose in the park then they go get loose. Kids need an adult to enter the park these days. Some exceptions.
The food at the sit down service restaurants is really good, and ya get 10% off with your pass.
Cocktails and beers,,, yes a bit pricey, but not to far outta whack, and it's a strong pour and always premium booze.
If BTW: You don't like booze you're in the wrong forum.

I sometimes head down to close by FST and talk off roading with Dave the Owner. Damn, you're in school hanging out at FST.
All the Trophy Truck owners and builders, all contenders I know all have Disney Annual Passes and it's a BFD to them all.
Including Igor:

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Fuck Walt!!

Lol

IMG_2247.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I grew up in Anaheim in the shadow of the mouse. As a teenager having a pass was awesome. They were $100 and I would get dropped off and run amok for a few hours. World's cheapest and most fun baby sitter.

Before my wife and ii had kids we had passes for a year. It was something to do after work. We would go have dinner and drinks go on a ride or two and basically just spend time together. I miss that as with two small kids that just doesnt happen anymore.

These days its too damn expensive but I love taking my kids. There is a bit of nostalgia for me but the reality is being able to watch my kids light up is worth it for the one time a year or two that we go. The parks are over crowded and I miss some of the old stuff. They are just finishing their expansion of star wars land this summer but sooner than later they are going to have to open a 3rd gate to deal with the crowds. When we go now i pull the kids out on a random tuesday.

USClb41

Reaction score

RD
Well said..

Blue Oval

Reaction score
My sister in-law has spent every vacation from Michigan at Disney in Orlando. Two years ago she moved her husband and six kids about 45 minuets from there. They go all the time. My wife just informed me they are staying at Disney all next week for springbreak. Top that one. And yes I took my kids there once. The twins didn’t care for it. They wanted to just go back to the beach.

TripleB

Reaction score
I have not been to Disney land in about 50 plus years but can speak for Disney world in Orlando.
Yes there are many adults who enjoy Disney World and I have zero issues with that. They have 4 or 5 nice golf courses on the grounds a ton of restaurants and it’s either Disney after hours or adult Disney where no kids are allowed and they have a “street” of night clubs/bars that serve adult beverages:)

Last edited: