WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Advantage 22 sportcat

DAVEO

Reaction score
What's the pros and cons of these boats?

Craig

Reaction score
Kind of a late reply here, but I haven't been around the site in a while :) I have a 97 22' Sportcat. With a stock 454 Mag (350 HP) it ran about 75 mph. My friend had a 97 22 Daytona Eliminator with a stock 502 Mag and we actually met racing each other! It was a dead heat on the race and we did it many times! I put a 509 (878 HP) in the boat and ran 114.5 mph. The boat feels fine at high speed, handles the rough stuff good (for a 22' boat) Downside if I run a bigger prop for top speed, it's sort of a pig out of the hole. I used to have Bennett tabs on it when it was stock and that helped a whole lot. Had to get rid of them when I went to external steering though. At around 70-80 in smooth water it does have some hop. I put fixed tabs over the tunnels and that helps, but even when it starts hopping if you have the power you can drive right through it. I have the motor apart right now and hope to have it back together soon. I am going to look at some hydraulic sponson tabs this time around.

Craig

Attachments

• 06_127.jpg
    06_127.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 116