WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Advantage Citation 22 or Cobra 230 Razor

Burnin Daylight

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me which is a better riding boat in rough water. (Havasu Chop). Also which will be a more solid boat! Any info would help me much! (Please). Cobra boat would be about $5000.00 more to purchase.

Xring01

Reaction score
Cant wait to hear the responses

My opinion
Ride both and make your own decisions

CobraDave

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me which is a better riding boat in rough water. (Havasu Chop). Also which will be a more solid boat! Any info would help me much! (Please). Cobra boat would be about $5000.00 more to purchase.

I am a Cobra 230 owner with an honest opinion. Ive had all of my hardware and interior removed to powder coat the hardware and I can say every piece is through bolted and solid. Structurally, the 230 is very solid. The build quality is superb. Ive been very happy with the boat.

I mainly ride Havasu and this boat runs just fine for a family. I have two boys 3 and 5 and no safety concerns with them at all. How does it handle rough water? It does decent. Remember it’s a 23ft boat. On big holiday weekends you are going to get beat up in it. if wakes are generally in one direction you can get on top and fly no prob. With me I didn’t want to let it rip in rougher water with kids onboard so i would slow down and take more of a beating. If it was an adult trip, the boat would do fine in those conditions when I went a little faster. Normal Havasu chop is no problem for it.

The 230 is a solid boat and a great choice for Havasu. Well worth the 5k upgrade over a 22 Citation which I feel lacks the style Cobras have. I hope that helps some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DWC

Reaction score
I’ve never ridden in the Advantage but have been in a couple 23’ cobras. It’s a great boat. Handles well and is plenty fast with a 496. I agree that a busy Saturday in Havasu is gonna be tough on any 23’. At least around the island. Head up or down river and you’re fine.

Burnin Daylight

Reaction score
I am a Cobra 230 owner with an honest opinion. Ive had all of my hardware and interior removed to powder coat the hardware and I can say every piece is through bolted and solid. Structurally, the 230 is very solid. The build quality is superb. Ive been very happy with the boat.

I mainly ride Havasu and this boat runs just fine for a family. I have two boys 3 and 5 and no safety concerns with them at all. How does it handle rough water? It does decent. Remember it’s a 23ft boat. On big holiday weekends you are going to get beat up in it. if wakes are generally in one direction you can get on top and fly no prob. With me I didn’t want to let it rip in rougher water with kids onboard so i would slow down and take more of a beating. If it was an adult trip, the boat would do fine in those conditions when I went a little faster. Normal Havasu chop is no problem for it.

The 230 is a solid boat and a great choice for Havasu. Well worth the 5k upgrade over a 22 Citation which I feel lacks the style Cobras have. I hope that helps some.

. Just wondering do you think Trim tabs would have helped the ride some or are they not needed. Thanks much for your ( I feel ) very honest opinion

CobraDave

Reaction score
. Just wondering do you think Trim tabs would have helped the ride some or are they not needed. Thanks much for your ( I feel ) very honest opinion

I don’t have experience with tabs so I can’t say for sure.

CobraDave

Reaction score
They’re aw bunch of 230 owners on here that I’m sure will chime in. Hopefully an Advantage owner will see this too. I’m curious of the comparison. It seems everyone who owns any type of boat says it rides awesome and no complaints. Maybe to justify the monthly costs in their mind. Lol. I tried to not be bias but I’m bias. [emoji16]

Burnin Daylight

Reaction score
CobraDave, oh no! I think we have a conflict of interest here! haha. I think its your boat that i was wanting to go look at! lol :)

CobraDave

Reaction score
CobraDave, oh no! I think we have a conflict of interest here! haha. I think its your boat that i was wanting to go look at! lol :)

Hahaha I retract my statements! The 230 rides like you’re on clouds! Even in large monsoon type chop, it’s like you are wrapped in silk cutting through the waves like a hot knife through butter!