WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Advantage citation 25

DavAlf04

Reaction score
Put a swim platform on it, that would really help with the enjoyment and ease of getting into the boat from the water. Plus it gives people a spot to put on wakeboards/skis.

Who makes a good swim platform for these? I've seen pics of some that I like and some that I do not.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
One of the smaller projects I want to get done over the winter is get my gages that aren't working replaced. The fuel pressure gage is one of them. Do I really need this gage? If not what should I put in its place? Also, I want to replace the depth finder. Any suggestions?

View attachment 944754 View attachment 944755

You can remove and replace all the gauges and trim bezels if you want. Its a fairly easy job. I would just do one gauge at a time so you don't lose track of the wiring behind the dash.

Yes, you do need a fuel pressure gauge. It helps you understand what might be going on if the engine stumbles or starts acting weird.

Does the depth gauge work? You can replace the gauge too if you still want a depth gauge. Does it work? If it doesn't then you have to replace the sender.

I see you have a temp gauge, is that oil or water temp? If you substitute a gauge you don't have, you will need to add the wiring and a sender on the engine, but that's pretty easy too.

Gaffrig makes great gauges, so does Livorsi. They both have an entry line of gauges if you are looking to do this on the cheap. It would make the dash look better.

You just need to determine whether the gauge is electric or mechanical (for example, your fuel pressure gauge, is it electrical wire only or like a small plastic line to it that is actually pushing fuel pressure at it?), and then measure them for the size so you pick the correct size replacement.

Last edited:

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Who makes a good swim platform for these? I've seen pics of some that I like and some that I do not.

I prefer the solid fiberglass ones with a foam mat (like on wakeboard boats), but you can also get anodized aluminum. You could try these guys: https://www.myswimplatform.com/ though I am sure there are others.

However, and I didn't notice this until now, but you have a ladder on the port side of the transom, you'd have to remove that to have the swim platform be the full width.

Last edited:

DavAlf04

Reaction score
You can remove and replace all the gauges and trim bezels if you want. Its a fairly easy job. I would just do one gauge at a time so you don't lose track of the wiring behind the dash.

Yes, you do need a fuel pressure gauge. It helps you understand what might be going on if the engine stumbles or starts acting weird.

Does the depth gauge work? You can replace the gauge too if you still want a depth gauge. Does it work? If it doesn't then you have to replace the sender.

I see you have a temp gauge, is that oil or water temp? If you substitute a gauge you don't have, you will need to add the wiring and a sender on the engine, but that's pretty easy too.

Gaffrig makes great gauges, so does Livorsi. They both have an entry line of gauges if you are looking to do this on the cheap. It would make the dash look better.

You just need to determine whether the gauge is electric or mechanical (for example, your fuel pressure gauge, is it electrical wire only or like a small plastic line to it that is actually pushing fuel pressure at it?), and then measure them for the size so you pick the correct size replacement.

The depth gauge does turn on and beeps periodically throughout the day. It will give a reading but I do not think they're are accurate. I actually like having it when we go to up river and I do not want to go too shallow.

And the temp gauge is water temperature I believe. Will run 185 all day.

For the fuel pressure gauge, no idea if its electrical or mechanical but I can find that out easy enough.

I look into a whole new set of gauges as long as it doesn't break the budget. Along with a throttle and shifter.

Thanks for the reply!

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
So the depth gauge runs off a transceiver that is probably mounted in or near the ski locker, or in the bilge. Its a shoot through so it does not penetrate the hull. When you replace the depth gauge itself, I would look at getting a new transceiver unit as well if you think its not working right and that way they are a matched set.

Just look at the back of the fuel pressure gauge, its easy enough to see. If there's just electrical wires then its not mechanical.

Your oil pressure gauge is probably electrical as well.

If you were to add any gauge to the dash I would recommend an oil temp gauge. Put the sender on the block where the oil comes back into the engine from whatever oil cooler you have. It's benefit is knowing when the engine has "warmed up", the water temp gauge isn't the best info to know that. You usually want some heat in the oil before romping on the throttle.

DavAlf04

Reaction score
I prefer the solid fiberglass ones with a foam mat (like on wakeboard boats), but you can also get anodized aluminum. You could try these guys: https://www.myswimplatform.com/ though I am sure there are others.

However, and I didn't notice this until now, but you have a ladder on the port side of the transom, you'd have to remove that to have the swim platform be the full width.

Thank you. They look pricey but nice. Wonder if they're worth it.

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Thank you. They look pricey but nice. Wonder if they're worth it.

That really comes down to how much you or your family does watersports and/or wants a place to sit while in the water without having to climb up that ladder to get back into the boat. If its not your use case, then I wouldn't put my money into one. Roll it into the gauges fund?

DavAlf04

Reaction score
Haven't done much to the boat this past year, but she now has a place to keep warm. In typical me fashion, I waited for the peak of pricing before placing my order.

20220115_122340.jpg

20220128_090050.jpg

20220128_132602.jpg

I still have a ton of work to do. Got the septic in, power run, and Thurs I'm bringing in the water. Slowly but surely.