WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Advise for Cali folks looking to move

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
we're at the retirement threshhold.......

having PROP 19 just pass, allows us to sell our house, and carry over our current tax rate. to anywhere in the state....

but we'd still be in Calif......

otherwise I'd move to Texas..

--Sherpa

The dumb 30 year old just voted for that to screw themselves..

PlanB

Reaction score
Great post about assimilating into your new state. As much as I couldn't wait to get out of Kalifornia I will make one argument:

I don't buy Californians are bringing their liberal values (OXYMORON) with them. People around this country and the world have been indoctrinated for decades (starting with the schools/education system, internet, social media, etc.). Morons and Marxist supporters are EVERYWHERE.

There is no "safe haven" to move to. The sooner everyone realizes that the problem is global the better equipped non-Marxists will be to fight the Communist tidal wave around the world.

PS: The Democratic Marxists WILL flood your town, your city, your state with illegals who, for the most part, will do nothing good for you or anyone but themselves. Be prepared for the flood of people who have limited education and skills with their hands out for your $

There is a lot of truth to this. Look at Havasu. There are not too many liberal Californians moving out there, but the town is becoming more liberal. The ones I run into out there are young people that were mostly raised out there. The indoctrination of the youth is happening in small town America, and it's a bigger problem than liberal migration IMO.

Last edited:

PlanB

Reaction score
I would say that depends on where you let them go for college.

I would bet Cal/UCLA/Bderkley kids view the world alot different than kids that go to say ASU, LSU or Clemson.

My cousin did his undergrad at UCLA and law school at ASU. He went to college as a hardcore conservative, and now he is a McCain conservative. He is actually a staff attorney for the Republican Party in Arizona as well. College, unfortunately, made him soft.

Last edited:

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
< - - - - Not moving

Before:
1611347414269-png.965090

After:
EfpjW_JWAAMEYme.jpg:large

...fastened to a hurdle, or wooden panel, and drawn by horse to the place of execution, where he was then hanged (almost to the point of death), emasculated, disembowelled, beheaded, and quartered (chopped into four pieces).

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
My cousin did his undergrad at UCLA and law school at ASU. He went to college as a hardcore conservative, and now he is a McCain conservative. He ias actually a staff attorney for the Republican Party in Arizona as well. College, unfortunately, made him soft.

Excuse my French but what the eff is a "McCain Conservative?!" Sounds a bit like Mitt Romney or some other RINO cocksucker

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Excuse my French but what the eff is a "McCain Conservative?!" Sounds a bit like Mitt Romney or some other RINO cocksucker
I thought he was being sarcastic, or at least I was hoping he was. 😁

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
How does the saying go... If you're young and conservative, you have no heart. If you're old and liberal, you have no brain?

My wife thinks a lot of her friends and mine from our two different colleges don't hang out with us much because of my conservatism and "toxic masculinity." Sounds like a compliment to me 😂 Good thing she's awesome and says oh well, screw em for being that way.

Last edited:

DC-88

Reaction score
AKA as a "wet starter " 😂 ? As an Az native the only time I ever got seriously vibed out for running Ca plates was of all places in..... Oregon. Coming back from visiting family while having the attendant quietly put some diesel in my F 250 with the wife and little kids inside. Two guys pulled up talking shit, attendant was on board with the vibing . No problem sizing up 2 of them individually but the 3rd one probably not, and any combo probably not, so I quietly took it and we went on our way. Two days later sitting at the wall at our local pier about to paddle out with a few friends who had randomly gathered, what pulls up but a volvo with Oregon plates , 2 guys in it and they jump out, all stoked to get their stuff out and get in the water. In a millisecond I told them to beat it , get the fuck out and head back to Oregon. The boys jumped right in without even knowing the backstory and the Oregonians beat feet immediately. Overpopulation is the #1 problem that leads to all of this bullshit imo. Living in So Cal is similar to standing in line somewhere in Hong Kong at this point.

Loo Dog

Reaction score
Great post about assimilating into your new state. As much as I couldn't wait to get out of Kalifornia I will make one argument:

I don't buy Californians are bringing their liberal values (OXYMORON) with them. People around this country and the world have been indoctrinated for decades (starting with the schools/education system, internet, social media, etc.). Morons and Marxist supporters are EVERYWHERE.

There is no "safe haven" to move to. The sooner everyone realizes that the problem is global the better equipped non-Marxists will be to fight the Communist tidal wave around the world.

PS: The Democratic Marxists WILL flood your town, your city, your state with illegals who, for the most part, will do nothing good for you or anyone but themselves. Be prepared for the flood of people who have limited education and skills with their hands out for your $

THIS! 👆

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Not to mention, without prop 13, the parents won't be able to afford to stay in their houses, so there will be nothing left for the kids (to inherit)!
Yeah but it’s no fair, lol 😂. Millennials & Gen X/Y Libtards are clueless!

instagator

Reaction score
For you all, Ass holes are Every where, If there is a secret place with no ass holes, let me know. Ignorance makes Ass holes ,not where you live....I live in
Lake Havasu, I see ass holes all day long !

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
For you all, Ass holes are Every where, If there is a secret place with no ass holes, let me know. Ignorance makes Ass holes ,not where you live....I live in
Lake Havasu, I see ass holes all day long !
Are you a proctologist by chance? 😂🤣😁

Sherpa

Reaction score
Parents can't pass down their houses to their kids without reassessing the property taxes to market rates.

I see that part of the bill as not as good. However the provision of that house which was passed down if it was the primary residence then the low tax base remained..

I guess the passdowned home would be either a second home/vacation home, or income property...

I’m looking at the primary owners being the parents owning it now... which is me, currently.

im not looking at it from the kids view-point

WYRD

Reaction score
I require and expect Zero help from the state of California. Nor would I expect anything from any future state I decide to move to.

The areas to escape the liberal cancer are getting smaller and smaller by the second. We can see as this work from home model becomes a way of life, people are infecting all the great states and its only a matter of time before they too become mini cali's.

I used to think I wanted to move to Havasu one day, not so much anymore.

Its only going to get worse, and I am afraid to say that just because people move to another state doesn't mean their attitudes or shitty habits are going to change with it.
I've said it for years, It's not california I hate.... it's the PP (people and politics)

checkrd past

Reaction score
Great Advice. Years ago when I went back to Chula Vista for Christmas one year as we were walking down the street I would Greet people with a Hello, or How's it going. Finally my Friend, pulled me off to the side and Chewed my Ass. He said you are coming off as "Queer" or "Scammer" I was so disappoined and my feeling were hurt a bit. I could not understand that mentality, but if it was that way back then, how it must be now.

I don't care how nice the Weather is, I'm not living like that for Money Or Weather. There are so many places where Total strangers will stop to help you or your Family if needed.

This Post hit it on the Head. The phone #'s are a dead give away.

I don't know how it is in Chula Vista , but here in Anaheim Hills saying hello with a smile gets the same reaction back.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
We assimilated to the area as well. The hardest part was the driving, until one day I was behind an Amish buggy. Couldn't pass. Started looking around at the beautiful country. Told myself to slow down and enjoy. Now I just cruise and I will get there when I get there. Even do it here in Sarasota.

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
Overpopulation is the #1 problem that leads to all of this bullshit imo. Living in So Cal is similar to standing in line somewhere in Hong Kong at this point.

It's not just your opinion, it's a fact... if you think putting 10 million new conservatives into Texas by 2030 and taking their 28 million people and making Texas 40 million will solve all the problems of liberal states you are nuts.
IMG_0032.PNG

DWC

Reaction score
How does the saying go... If you're young and conservative, you have no heart. If you're old and liberal, you have no brain?

My wife thinks a lot of her friends and mine from our two different colleges don't hang out with us much because of my conservatism and "toxic masculinity." Sounds like a compliment to me 😂 Good thing she's awesome and says oh well, screw em for being that way.
Sounds like she needs new friends.. :D

Cdog

Reaction score
I don't know how it is in Chula Vista , but here in Anaheim Hills saying hello with a smile gets the same reaction back.

I have been gone from AH since 2007 and still have more friends in AH than I do here in Scottsdale. It's always great coming home, staying at dads house and hanging out with my OC crew waking up the next day with a hangover lol!!

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
My cousin did his undergrad at UCLA and law school at ASU. He went to college as a hardcore conservative, and now he is a McCain conservative. He is actually a staff attorney for the Republican Party in Arizona as well. College, unfortunately, made him soft.
In other words he's a TRAITOR!!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Same in Glendora.

If you took all the op's suggestions, and applied them to wherever it is you lived...

It sure couldn't hurt, that's for sure.

Peace!

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
And finally, moving out of California was the absolute best thing that we ever did. Our life has improved dramatically. We left the shit behind, assimilated the best we could and could not be happier. Good luck to any of you looking to make the move. The grass is greener both literally and figuratively.

This is me ^^ You'll never know if the grass is greener until you go play on it and see.