WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

AFR 305cc heads quandary

sintax

Reaction score
I've been stashing away parts for a future 496-540 cube w/ an 871 (nothing race, but very healthy setup)

So I ran into a pretty good deal on a set of 305cc AFR heads, these are smaller than I were kind of scoping originally, how much would I kick myself grabbing these instead of waiting for a set if larger runners, or am I making a mountain out of a molehill and would never see the difference?

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
I've been stashing away parts for a future 496-540 cube w/ an 871 (nothing race, but very healthy setup)

So I ran into a pretty good deal on a set of 305cc AFR heads, these are smaller than I were kind of scoping originally, how much would I kick myself grabbing these instead of waiting for a set if larger runners, or am I making a mountain out of a molehill and would never see the difference?
Sort of need to decide on cubic inches and blower size. Those would be ok for NA 496.

sintax

Reaction score
Sort of need to decide on cubic inches and blower size. Those would be ok for NA 496.

yea, thats kind of what I felt.

for 2k for the pair I felt it might be worth the taking a risk, but wanted to make sure

Teague_JR

Reaction score
305 as cast or partial CNC or full CNC (I forget what the 305 comes in)

if you end up on the 496 nothing crazy side of that estimate, you should be alright. 540 I would definitely go larger to make the build worth your while.