WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

After almost 30 yrs

fmo24

Reaction score
Today was my official retirement from Northrop. My partner is done at Edison officially tomorrow and we are free to roam America in our motorhome. Kind of weird to hand over my badge and drive out of the plant knowing I will not be returning. It was a great experience working there and I have learned a lot over the years but the current pace of all the programs I was working made me decide it is time.

On to the next adventure !

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Congrats! I bet that is a great feeling...I'm about 9 years behind you.
I worked for NGC on and off 3 different times in Rancho Bernardo over about 10 years.

4Waters

Reaction score
Congratulations, your officially retarded :D LOL enjoy retirement/never having to leave the river.

milkmoney

Reaction score
Congrats , go enjoy life [emoji202] [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

DickieB

Reaction score
Good for you! Still working, it'll be 45 years this September 4, selling Peterbilts. Sometimes I think I'd like to walk but not sure what I'd do.........no real hobbies and everything else I like to do costs a lot of money plus I'd probably just piss off the wife by being around too much. At this point, business is going crazy so I figure I might just as well hang in there until it quits again...........

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
blue pete.jpg
Good for you! Still working, it'll be 45 years this September 4, selling Peterbilts. Sometimes I think I'd like to walk but not sure what I'd do.........no real hobbies and everything else I like to do costs a lot of money plus I'd probably just piss off the wife by being around too much. At this point, business is going crazy so I figure I might just as well hang in there until it quits again...........

Your cohort down there is supposed to be working up numbers for me to replace this one.
This is one of my best drivers and never had any issues. Until last week... Passenger front blow-out.

blue pete 2.jpg

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Congrats! Hopefully a lot of river/lake time in your future!

My dream is to travel with my boat when I retire, hit every lake I can in all 50 states.

buck35

Reaction score
Just make sure you have a plan. I retired unexpectedly more or less a couple years ago and still wake up semi freaked out at 3 or 4 every day . Congratulations if it works for you!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Today was my official retirement from Northrop. My partner is done at Edison officially tomorrow and we are free to roam America in our motorhome. Kind of weird to hand over my badge and drive out of the plant knowing I will not be returning. It was a great experience working there and I have learned a lot over the years but the current pace of all the programs I was working made me decide it is time.

Congrats man!! I hope you guys have fun travelling the country! :)

RD

TCHB

Reaction score
Have fun and enjoy your new
Life with your own schedules

playdeep

Reaction score
I retired 2 years ago(kinda suddenly)after 35 years with UPS.
11 funerals in 3 years...epiphany sitting at my brother-inlaws funeral(stroke).
Bought an old rusty vintage Sprint car to restore to keep me busy.
Found a bunch of Vintage pages on Facebook
Long story short...I now buy/sell vintage racing parts.Having a phuking blast.
Just sold parts&complete car to a guy in Australia...
He invited me to go&be his guest next(Australian)summer.

Point being...follow your passions whatever they may be.
There's a lot out there if you look.
...best decision I ever made.

Congratulations&good luck...have fun,life's short.

DickieB

Reaction score
View attachment 654786

Your cohort down there is supposed to be working up numbers for me to replace this one.
This is one of my best drivers and never had any issues. Until last week... Passenger front blow-out.

View attachment 654778
Ouch! Don’t drag your feet on any replacement, inventory dwindling and lead times on orders are getting way out! Stay on GEORGE!

milkmoney

Reaction score
Congrats on being able to retire. I would if another member had not jacked my PayPal retirement fund.
With the interest I am making. 4 more years [emoji202] [emoji106]

Joker

Reaction score
I retired 2 years ago(kinda suddenly)after 35 years with UPS.
11 funerals in 3 years...epiphany sitting at my brother-inlaws funeral(stroke).
Bought an old rusty vintage Sprint car to restore to keep me busy.
Found a bunch of Vintage pages on Facebook
Long story short...I now buy/sell vintage racing parts.Having a phuking blast.
Just sold parts&complete car to a guy in Australia...
He invited me to go&be his guest next(Australian)summer.

Point being...follow your passions whatever they may be.
There's a lot out there if you look.
...best decision I ever made.

Congratulations&good luck...have fun,life's short.

While I may enjoy my life, I honestly envy those of you who were able to work for a company and have the ability to retire with a pension. I'm fortunate enough to have a wife that has planned for our retirement even though we are self employed.

cnj

Reaction score
Congrats!! I recently retired after 32 years at the big "B". You have quite an adjustment coming, but I think you'll like it!

milkmoney

Reaction score
Any way we can make a deal?
Need a free ride in boat, free room and board for damn run and free beer and food for whole weekend. Then we talk
[emoji6] [emoji202]

Joker

Reaction score
Need a free ride in boat, free room and board for damn run and free beer and food for whole weekend. Then we talk
[emoji6] [emoji202]

At this point, I'm thinking you need to change your screen name to freemoney. I can only give so much!!!

CJ_Donahue

Reaction score
As a guy with a minimum of 13 years to go and more likely 16 to go I am jealous. Keep active and enjoy it for all of still working and dreaming of where you are right now.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Enjoy every moment. There are a thousand things to do in a day and work is not one of them. My wife says, if you eat breakfast after 10, you have to have fruit with it. IDK, kind of a brunch thing. Sure eat a lot of fruit sense I retired. We're taking off Wednesday to meet up with 50 or so couples for a get-together. All people we have run into on during our travels. You're going to love it.

Slats

Reaction score
Congrats to you. I'm about 8 years away if I can swing it. Enjoy you time.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score

Hopefully, you guys enjoy it as much as my wife and I do. We have been doing it for 1-1/2 years.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

well congrats....lets see the motorhome...oh and... be prepared,.. you will never get another day off.....lol

lebel409

Reaction score
It's super weird feeling walking out, waiting for the first check to hit the auto deposit, driving by the place, but not taking that exit...

When I retired, I woke the next day, had some coffee, flipped through the channels on TV...was back to work by 9:30...but in my shop, my time, stuff I want to do. I have a sousaphone, 3 tubas, 3 contras, 4 Baritones and 4 mellophones all over the floor...at least they're not trumpets.;)

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
It's super weird feeling walking out, waiting for the first check to hit the auto deposit, driving by the place, but not taking that exit...

When I retired, I woke the next day, had some coffee, flipped through the channels on TV...was back to work by 9:30...but in my shop, my time, stuff I want to do. I have a sousaphone, 3 tubas, 3 contras, 4 Baritones and 4 mellophones all over the floor...at least they're not trumpets.;)

Ouch![emoji38]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk