WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

After over 40 years. I'm retiring.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Today was my last day at AFP. What a great company to work for. My VP and friend Dave sent this e mail to the all the company employees.

All-

After over 40 years in the fire sprinkler industry and 38 years with Advance Fire, today is Bobby’s last day of work! On behalf of Advance Fire Protection, we would like to congratulate him on his retirement and thank him for everything he has done for our company over these many years. Bobby has seen it all,… working as a fitter and foreman in the field, then as a superintendent, before settling in for many years as a successful estimator. His dedication, hard work and loyalty has helped make Advance Fire the distinguished company that we are today. Working for one company for almost 40 years is a rarity, especially in this day and age and in this industry. We are fortunate that Bobby built his career here at Advance.

Bobby will be greatly missed by everyone at Advance. During work hours, Bobby typically had a no-nonsense approach, tackling the demands of the day,...bids, phone calls, paperwork, meetings, site visits, etc. Fearless in his approach, he took on all types of projects, faced issues head on, and did whatever it took to see his projects through till the end. Always willing to go the extra mile, we could also count on Bobby to lend a hand, help others, and give advice when needed.

As great as Bobby was as an employee, he will be missed more as a person. Now some might say that Bobby could be a little…what’s a good term…cranky, short-tempered, grumpy???. I’ve personally never seen it (ha ha). Those of us that know Bobby best, understand that he’s pretty much all bark, no bite. Behind the tough façade is a funny guy with a great sense of humor, who could always take it and dish it out with the best of them. I think we will all miss our daily conversations and interactions with Bobby.

From all of us…best wishes to you, Bobby. Congratulations on your well-deserved retirement

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Congrats on making it out! Welcome to the club.

cofooter

Reaction score
Good for you! Looks like you left a great impression!!

DWC

Reaction score
Congrats sir! Sounds like plenty of time for golf.

Fastdadtsmith

Reaction score
I'll remember the "always willing to lend a hand" when you come out here!
Congrats Bobby, that's a great run. Look forward to reading your thoughts around here more often now.

Taboma

Reaction score
Today was my last day at AFP. What a great company to work for. My VP and friend Dave sent this e mail to the all the company employees.

All-

After over 40 years in the fire sprinkler industry and 38 years with Advance Fire, today is Bobby’s last day of work! On behalf of Advance Fire Protection, we would like to congratulate him on his retirement and thank him for everything he has done for our company over these many years. Bobby has seen it all,… working as a fitter and foreman in the field, then as a superintendent, before settling in for many years as a successful estimator. His dedication, hard work and loyalty has helped make Advance Fire the distinguished company that we are today. Working for one company for almost 40 years is a rarity, especially in this day and age and in this industry. We are fortunate that Bobby built his career here at Advance.

Bobby will be greatly missed by everyone at Advance. During work hours, Bobby typically had a no-nonsense approach, tackling the demands of the day,...bids, phone calls, paperwork, meetings, site visits, etc. Fearless in his approach, he took on all types of projects, faced issues head on, and did whatever it took to see his projects through till the end. Always willing to go the extra mile, we could also count on Bobby to lend a hand, help others, and give advice when needed.

As great as Bobby was as an employee, he will be missed more as a person. Now some might say that Bobby could be a little…what’s a good term…cranky, short-tempered, grumpy???. I’ve personally never seen it (ha ha). Those of us that know Bobby best, understand that he’s pretty much all bark, no bite. Behind the tough façade is a funny guy with a great sense of humor, who could always take it and dish it out with the best of them. I think we will all miss our daily conversations and interactions with Bobby.

From all of us…best wishes to you, Bobby. Congratulations on your well-deserved retirement
🥳👍🤝👏
Congratulations, welcome to retirement. I'm a proud 14 year veteran at it and glad I got out before the job took any more from my life than it did during those close to 50 years in that industry.
I'm still up at 5AM every morning, and still suffering the occasional 4AM work nightmares.

Just this morning discovered a major conduit that had never been tied in. 😲 Quized the crew, they of course Didn't See Nutin, Didn't Do Nutin, and apparently couldn't recall where the other end was stubbed --- now somewhere under a freshly paved parking lot. 🤯
Thank The Lord, then I woke up, it was about 4:36AM --- yup, right on schedule. Told my wife I should have put in for a job related PTSD disability 🤣

So best wishes from one old timer RDPer to another 👍👍👍

wishiknew

Reaction score
Congrats Bobby you earned every cent and then some hope to see you at the river sometime soon Don

Bakotrash

Reaction score
Congrats on 40 years in the fire sprinkler industry! I only made it 18.

Not So Fast

Reaction score
Although you copied by handle (BobbyV) I sincerely wish you a long and happy retirement :) Lets see, its been almost 23 years since I pulled the plug on Being an Operating Engineer, doesnt seem that long ago but it has been.
ENJOY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bobby V

WYRD

Reaction score
Congratulations so that means you're moving out of California now right?

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
Congrats Bobby V👍
Now hopefully this thread/post doesn't get deleted too!🤔 :D

timstoy

Reaction score
Enjoy the next chapter in your life and enjoy your retirement! And remember you don’t have to go to work tomorrow!

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Much Respect Sir.
Congratulations.
Well deserved . . . now enjoy !!!!

Nordie

Reaction score
Congrats to your retirement, I strive to hopefully have that ability

I'm going to edit...

Politics aside 40 years is a great achievement, I'm glad you've made it, it's a true American dream.

DLC

Reaction score
Wow That’s Fantastic!

I Love hearing about people transitioning into Retirement

Congratulations !

I hope to make it one day!

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Job well done! Will you be moving to Havasu? all I can say it don't do it!! :)

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Well Done Bobby,incredible Loyalty. No doubt you will be back often as consultant.

Heylam

Reaction score
Congratulations Bobby, go tee it up. Weekdays never felt so good.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Regardless of pension and other retirement benefits...congratulations on a good career and a great accomplishment! Enjoy your time.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Well Done Bobby,incredible Loyalty. No doubt you will be back often as consultant.
Thanks Dave. Means a lot coming from you. Yes I will still be doing some consulting during the transition period With all the projects I still have on the books.

WTR&PWR

Reaction score
Congratulations on a well deserved retirement! Now the big question is what’s next!?

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Thanks Dave. Means a lot coming from you. Yes I will still be doing some consulting during the transition period With all the projects I still have on the books.
Means a lot here also Bobby,again Well Done.

TBulger

Reaction score
So nice to read something like that. Gotta give credit to the gentleman that took the time to write it too. Congrat’s Bobby

TCHB

Reaction score
Nope. I’m starting my kitchen remodel next week. 😂 I love living in Yorba Linda. 😝c

All-

Congrats. Next adventure starts.

Havasu Rehab

Reaction score
Congratulations to you Bobby V. I wish you nothing but the best on your well deserved retirement.

You’re one of the best members on this site. I’d expect to see more now that you’ve got free time!