WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

After over 40 years. I'm retiring.

sintax

Reaction score
Congrats man!

That’s a huge accomplishment. It still seems like an eternity away for me, but I like the idea that some people are winning.

Enjoy it to the fullest

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Congratulations Bobby, and also to the years of service at the same company. June 6th of last year I ended a 47 year working relationship with the same company. They went out of business after 80 years. I took a job for a few years and I’ll see how it goes. Us 40 year guys are hard to come by.

Ray

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Congratulations on your retirement and great career! The email from the VP about you was awesome!

USCFAN

Former Shitbox Owner...
Reaction score
Congrats! 40 years, definitely last of dying breed. Enjoy retirement.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
"...cranky, short-tempered, grumpy???"

LOL.

Congrats.

TCHB

Reaction score
Wow. It took 48 posts before my retirement thread got political. You guys are slacking. 😂
Just keep yourself busy and stay away from old negative people. Have fun and keep the smile.

wzuber

Reaction score
Congratulations, I'm jealous.
Jealous or envious?
Jealousy has such strong often negative emotions tied to it.
Envy has more of an admiration quality to it and seems more fitting for this occaision?

wzuber

Reaction score
Congatulations CRUB....lol
A job well done, a carrier well commited and a retirement well deserved. Now chill and enjoy every second of it.

jesco

Reaction score
Congrats!!!!! Years ago we use to bump into each other on job walks. Last one I can remember was a T.I. at the NHRA office in San Dimas, seems like a 100yrs ago, hahahaha. Enjoy your retirement.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Congrats Bobby...it is an adjustment, as they say, but you seem to have your path well charted.
It takes a bit to get your mindset re-focused, make dang sure you use the time you have worked so hard to set aside for yourself to do the things you have wanted to do. Hit that bucket list. Sooner better than later.
Again, congrats.

rrrr

Reaction score
Congratulations, Bobby. The amount of knowledge you gained over your career is immeasurable, and the number of apprentices, journeyman, foremen, superintendents, project managers, and executives that you shared that knowledge with are uncountable.

The tribute issued by your union shows the respect you earned from those in your trade and the construction industry along the way, and gives us some insight into your success over the years. It's impressive.

I'm not laying it on too thick by saying these things. I know from our interactions you're a good man, and I've enjoyed it immensely. But I still think union guys are lazy and overpaid.

Just kidding. 😁

Enjoy your retirement.

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
I am impressed and respect the loyalty. It must have been mutual. The longest I stayed at any employer was 8 years and honestly it felt 3 years too long.

Rayson1971

Reaction score
Has the speed car been mentioned? It has a tendency to make every thread.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Congratulations, Bobby. The amount of knowledge you gained over your career is immeasurable, and the number of apprentices, journeyman, foremen, superintendents, project managers, and executives that you shared that knowledge with are uncountable.

The tribute issued by your union shows the respect you earned from those in your trade and the construction industry along the way, and gives us some insight into your success over the years. It's impressive.

I'm not laying it on too thick by saying these things. I know from our interactions you're a good man, and I've enjoyed it immensely. But I still think union guys are lazy and overpaid.

Just kidding. 😁

Enjoy your retirement.
Thanks!!!
BTW..The e mail I posted wasn’t from a union member. It was from the VP of the company I have worked for a long time. I have always been more a company guy. 😝

rrrr

Reaction score
Thanks!!!
BTW..The e mail I posted wasn’t from a union member. It was from the VP of the company I have worked for a long time. I have always been more a company guy. 😝
That's an important correction. I'm sure the VP's statement was approved by the CEO, and that your worth is recognized by the entire executive branch of the company.

It's a nice cap to your career.

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
Congrats Bobby.

What’s on deck now?

C-2

Reaction score
Congrats! That was a helluva run.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Congrats Bobby. That’s quite an accomplishment

Morehart

Reaction score
Congratulations hope the union took care of you! That's a good push in any industry. Enjoy your life, you definitely worked for it.

DrHW

Reaction score
Congrats! I retired at 39 years. Terrific Job!

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Congrats.
Don’t start riding a bike.
Stay away from buses. Real and metaphorical.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Today was my last day at AFP. What a great company to work for. My VP and friend Dave sent this e mail to the all the company employees.

All-

After over 40 years in the fire sprinkler industry and 38 years with Advance Fire, today is Bobby’s last day of work! On behalf of Advance Fire Protection, we would like to congratulate him on his retirement and thank him for everything he has done for our company over these many years. Bobby has seen it all,… working as a fitter and foreman in the field, then as a superintendent, before settling in for many years as a successful estimator. His dedication, hard work and loyalty has helped make Advance Fire the distinguished company that we are today. Working for one company for almost 40 years is a rarity, especially in this day and age and in this industry. We are fortunate that Bobby built his career here at Advance.

Bobby will be greatly missed by everyone at Advance. During work hours, Bobby typically had a no-nonsense approach, tackling the demands of the day,...bids, phone calls, paperwork, meetings, site visits, etc. Fearless in his approach, he took on all types of projects, faced issues head on, and did whatever it took to see his projects through till the end. Always willing to go the extra mile, we could also count on Bobby to lend a hand, help others, and give advice when needed.

As great as Bobby was as an employee, he will be missed more as a person. Now some might say that Bobby could be a little…what’s a good term…cranky, short-tempered, grumpy???. I’ve personally never seen it (ha ha). Those of us that know Bobby best, understand that he’s pretty much all bark, no bite. Behind the tough façade is a funny guy with a great sense of humor, who could always take it and dish it out with the best of them. I think we will all miss our daily conversations and interactions with Bobby.

From all of us…best wishes to you, Bobby. Congratulations on your well-deserved retirement

That is so damn cool Bobby. Truly is an accomplishment to have 40 years in the industry and almost all of that at one organization.

Congrats on your retirement. We’ll deserved bud, cheers 🍻

TCHB

Reaction score
The great thing about retirement you can spend time with grand children.
37A6BD82-08B9-4761-877D-C79432EA3E4D.jpeg