WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Air fuel ratio gauge

Your ad here

Reaction score
What is a good quality air fuel ratio gauge? Found out about them from RoadKill and thinking of putting one on the boat. 1990 carbureted 454. I believe its the 365hp. It has IMCO exhaust with O2 ports. I nerd out on this kind of stuff but want to make sure the engine is running within spec as I believe some stuff has been changed at some point to make provisions for a supercharger... It has a MSD ignition with what I believe is an adjustable timing knob, looks like the intake manifold has been taken off, and carb work.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
AEM series X

But I hate a low hour innovative I’ll sell you with gauge

Trash

Reaction score
Problem is moisture kills the sensor

Properly installed it will not be a factor. I use Innovate stuff and have gone over 10 years running it full time.

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Properly installed it will not be a factor. I use Innovate stuff and have gone over 10 years running it full time.
I run a innovative also, but just for tuning. I want to have it full time, but my bung is to high on the elbow and the hatch comes down on the pigtail too tight.

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Problem is moisture kills the sensor

My cigarette has jacketed exhaust pipes so I had the bung welded so it’s sealed and no water coming in contact.

My jet botë has dry exhaust just for running a standard exhaust with a wide band on each bank

Yoshiro

Reaction score
I have an autometer marine AFR gauge. I'd say it works just OK. Sometimes it has trouble getting through its pre heat cycle on my installation and thus the gauge doesn't begin to read.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
If all you want is real-time display of AFR, then there are quite a few options, including the ones on this page. When we were setting up the carbs on my buddies blower motor, we used a Dynojet single channel AFR box with a POD-300 display (Dynojet #15-7024). The cool thing about that setup is that the box has an RPM input and one 0-5V analog input, that can be used for things like TPS, MAP, etc. The POD can then display this, but also record it, so you can graph the data later and see where it was lean or rich, then make corrections to the jetting/tune.