WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

AirBnb Cancels my rental again! Havasu long rental

Fenderbender

Reaction score
So last summer we rented a couple properties for a month or longer twice last summer and it worked out pretty well! This year we have been cancelled on twice. The first property cancelled supposedly because the owner was selling the property and that wasn't too bad because that was in December. We found another property that checked all the boxes and because it was for 2 months this time we wanted certain things. Good parking, pool, beg living area to hang out in/work in during the week. Well the property manager contacted us about a week ago and said that they were cancelling us because the owner decided not they didn't want to rent the property that long at one time. This was the story with a ton of the properties that I contacted before booking. Most of them said upfront that they wouldn't approve our reservation because of the length of the stay, which is totally cool with me I get it. But man it kinda sucks that they can do this to you after accepting the reservation but you can't cancel (most properties) without losing some $$.

This time I went another route and contacted long term rental properties on zillow/realtor.com for a short term/long term rental. I found a nice property actually nicer than the last one and its a little different as its basically a lease agreement for 2 mo and I am responsible for the electric bill. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one as its getting pretty close to have to find another property to rent.

I get it that they make big bucks Memorial Day, 4th of July and stuff but.... I just thought I would share in case anyone was having the same issue with AirBnb

gqchris

Reaction score
I have a feeling that the Airbnb owners saw what happened last season and how chaotic busy it was and they are going to jack the rates on everything to make a big cash windfall. Sucks and its a shitty way to treat long term renters like you who probably leave the house in a nicer condition then when you got there, like myself.

PS: I checked Hotels.com for this weekend out of curiosity and there were ZERO rentals in Havasu. I have never seen that before in my whole 30 years going.

wet hull

Reaction score
Sorry that happened to you. Havasu rentals are nuts. We have barely had more then a few days in a row empty since last march. We are now considering switching to a 3 day min rather then 2 to help the maid out. She cant keep up. Holiday weekends have always been a 3 day stay.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
I have a feeling that the Airbnb owners saw what happened last season and how chaotic busy it was and they are going to jack the rates on everything to make a big cash windfall. Sucks and its a shitty way to treat long term renters like you who probably leave the house in a nicer condition then when you got there, like myself.

PS: I checked Hotels.com for this weekend out of curiosity and there were ZERO rentals in Havasu. I have never seen that before in my whole 30 years going.

If you compare the Short Term Rental rates to just 2 years ago most of them are about 50%-100% more today. (if you can find one) With people still really not being able to travel I have no doubt that this year will be just as bad or worse for availability than last year. The secrets out!!!

Fenderbender

Reaction score
Yes no doubt they want to try and make the most $$ they can! I guess that's the benefit of owning a vacation rental is that you can do what the EFF you want!

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
It may also have to do with tenants rights on "long term" rentals over 30 days... maybe try to break it into two reservations.

SkyDirtWaterguy

Reaction score
Are there any rules or restrictions/laws that tenants have for staying more than 30 days? If I was a landlord renting property I'd be nervous renting to people. With all the Covid bullshit going on people feel entitled to squat in a residence and not pay the rent. Its a bitch trying to get someone evicted, especially now.

Reactions: DWC

Fenderbender

Reaction score
Are there any rules or restrictions/laws that tenants have for staying more than 30 days? If I was a landlord renting property I'd be nervous renting to people. With all the Covid bullshit going on people feel entitled to squat in a residence and not pay the rent. Its a bitch trying to get someone evicted, especially now.

The rules aren't the same as they are in california thats for sure! I am pretty sure you can easily get a constable to remove them with a week or so

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Does that still apply when you go thru AirBnb?

Ive been out of that position for a couple of years now but when I was with the property management firm anyone renting over 30 days had tenants rights... It was a big no-no for our PM's on vacation rentals. IDK where you are or what that states laws may be.

Carrera205

Reaction score

Was just looking at rentals in Palm Springs for next month and some averages houses are up for 1400 a night! I think that’s exactly what’s going on.

• Wow

WildWilly

Reaction score

you have the rodeo, 2 nights of racing at Havasu95, a boat "spring meet up" and a vintage motorcycle show...all in town this weekend. On top of anyone randomly vacationing....its going to be busy this weekend

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
This is why all money is collected up front. By doing this, in Arizona, you become an inn keeper and not subject to landlord/tenant laws. Can boot the guest anytime if they are not adhering to the rules.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mike K

Reaction score
We live and die with guest reviews on our Park City AirB&B. If we don’t get 5 star reviews ... our listing will fade from view ... that owner needs a lesson ... what they did appears to be greedy and unethical... BUT .... welcome to today’s world. I’d leave an honest review explaining what happened ... don’t let it slide.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Should have sublet my little rental I live in...

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
When you coming home? I’m headed out week before DS solo until Wednesday of DS week. Was going to hit you up and see if you wanted to get a drink or 10.