WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Airfest 2019 might be canceled because of a RAT, a dirty STINKING RAT ????

Groper

Reaction score
Airfest 2019 is on the brink of cancellation. Airfest Charities was recently notified that we will not be able to use our normal, main parking lot due to the increase in K-Rat population and now seeking sponsorships to help with the costs of shuttles and land preparation at an alternate parking site.

The 2019 AirFest, hosted by Hangar 24 Charities, received City Council approval with a 3-2 vote in favor of the Airfest. This approval included a full fee waiver requested by Hangar 24 Charities, however, the event is in danger of being cancelled due to a K-Rat problem in the main parking lot used for the Airfest.

An alternative parking lot was secured at the corner of San Bernardino and Wabash, owned by Eudeen Chang. This lot is located about 1 mile from the event entrance and would require shuttle buses for the guests of the Airfest. The cost of the shuttles ($30,000) and preparing the parking lot($15,000) would cost approximately $45,000. This event is a charity event and these additional costs would be prohibitive for a show of this size. This immense cost may force the cancellation of the AirFest unless sponsor or other funding source is not found immediately.

The endangered San Bernardino K-Rat has a large habitat in the parking lot used for the AirFest. Upon environmental review, it was established that the lot would not be able to be used this year due to the increase in the areas populated by the K-rat.

We would really appreciate any help to save Airfest!! Many organizations depend on it. If you or if you know anyone that would be interested in sponsoring the new parking lot preparation and/or the shuttle buses, please contact Sue Cook, 951-543-2654 or [email protected].

Last edited:

DMF

Reaction score
This is the in Redlands, Ca...where Hangar 24 is originated from.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
This isn’t the havasu one, some rats would not be an issue in Arizona.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
OK,...... for the ignorant few....
wtf is a KRat?
A rodent?

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
How the hell are they endangered I see them all the time :rolleyes:

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
No wonder I can’t get the fucking city to get my neighbor under control....the fucking EPA loves rats! Fuck me running....
Wow, I can’t believe you’re still dealing with that mess

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Wow, I can’t believe you’re still dealing with that mess
It’s 98% better....but mostly because all the neighbors surrounding her house (including myself) have our properties baited for WWIII and have knocked the rats down. The test will be to see what happens when the weather warms back up. As for now - no rats

Thunderhead1

Reaction score
The title says LHC ?? is the seriously a problem in Havasu??

or is this the one in Komifuckinfornia??

c_land

Reaction score
This is the Redlands Hangar 24. Kangaroo Rat is in the Santa Ana River Wash which is next to hangar 24

530RL

Reaction score
OK,...... for the ignorant few....
wtf is a KRat?
A rodent?

:)

words62916863_3f976594f4_b.jpg

Native to California and classified as endangered.