WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

AJ Hinch gone. Houston is having its fun lately

Bear Down

Reaction score
So Pete Rose gets banned for life for betting on games.
But you cheat to win the world series and only get a year.
Makes perfect sense. :):D:confused::rolleyes:
Silly discipline if you ask me, not enough.. Those draft picks should go to the Dodgers. Especially since they said the investigation revealed they stole signs during the World Series, not just "the season"..

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
upload_2020-1-13_13-52-13.png
upload_2020-1-13_13-52-13.jpeg

Bear Down

Reaction score
Alex Cora is next.
I know the report says that they couldn't prove that the cheating helped them win the World Series, but with Cora doing the same thing with the Red Sox with the same result should make it clear that it did impact the series and hence give them the title..

Reactions: DWC

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Alex Cora is next.
He honestly needs to be. He was apparently a big part of it.

I think highly of Hinch and Luhnow, but like Jim Crane said, if they knew about what was going on, they failed to act on it which was their job. This shit embarrassed the owner and the fans. Shame on other players that let it go on to such a degree. The 'Stros have the talent to win without silly cheating schemes.

It will be interesting to see if others come forward.....Really taints the clubhouse and what they achieved:(:mad:

The Prisoner

Well-Known RDP Prisoner Inmate #283
Reaction score
He honestly needs to be. He was apparently a big part of it.

I think highly of Hinch and Luhnow, but like Jim Crane said, if they knew about what was going on, they failed to act on it which was their job. This shit embarrassed the owner and the fans. Shame on other players that let it go on to such a degree. The 'Stros have the talent to win without silly cheating schemes.

It will be interesting to see if others come forward.....Really taints the clubhouse and what they achieved:(:mad:

local Boston sports is saying Cora will probably be fired before the suspension is announced because it’s supposed to by more than Hinches.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Do you guys honestly believe that everybody isn't doing this in some form? When my daughter played club softball, there was a coach that would come and help with fielding. He was a drafted minor league player with I want to say the A's, if I remember correctly. One of his things to do was watch the signs from the both sides and take notes. He said they would make a spreadsheet after the games and compare them with prior games. I know it's not the extent of what the Astros and Sox were doing, but it is a gateway to doing it.

Reactions: DWC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
It musta worked for them to keep doing it.

batterup

Reaction score
I heard the trash can was only demoted and is now inside a bathroom in Section 407. That's bullshit, he should've been recycled!

The Prisoner

Reaction score
Do you guys honestly believe that everybody isn't doing this in some form? When my daughter played club softball, there was a coach that would come and help with fielding. He was a drafted minor league player with I want to say the A's, if I remember correctly. One of his things to do was watch the signs from the both sides and take notes. He said they would make a spreadsheet after the games and compare them with prior games. I know it's not the extent of what the Astros and Sox were doing, but it is a gateway to doing it.

Manfred warned everyone a few years ago there would be harsh penalties after the Apple watch fiasco with the Red Sox.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Manfred warned everyone a few years ago there would be harsh penalties after the Apple watch fiasco with the Red Sox.
I guess there would only be a penalty if you were to get caught...

The Prisoner

Reaction score
I guess there would only be a penalty if you were to get caught...

Well, that's true of anything.:D Don't know what's up with my Boston teams...........something in the water.:pSpy gate, deflategate, spygate 2 and Coragate....we're only missing the Bruins and Celtics "gate."

DWC

Reaction score
One year isn’t enough, not even close. It’s one thing to try to pick off signs from second base. It’s another to have a camera up. It’s complete BS and the players should be completely embarrassed.

HBCraig

Reaction score
Everybody tries to pick signs , but not with computer aided technology. Trying to remember signs is one thing Doing what the Astros did is bush league and all the other teams suffered

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
What I wonder is will Hinch and the GM ever be hired by another club. One thing for sure it’s the owner who matters and obviously he didn’t know and dropped the hammer big time. Frier’s who plays for the A’s was the one who spilled the beans, never read why he did that. I know there’s the comment everybody is doing it but getting caught and how they were doing it was there undoing. They lost major draft picks which is how they got good in the first place by losing 100 games more than once. Kind of fitting in a way that’s just my take.

Old Texan

Reaction score
What I wonder is will Hinch and the GM ever be hired by another club. One thing for sure it’s the owner who matters and obviously he didn’t know and dropped the hammer big time. Frier’s who plays for the A’s was the one who spilled the beans, never read why he did that. I know there’s the comment everybody is doing it but getting caught and how they were doing it was there undoing. They lost major draft picks which is how they got good in the first place by losing 100 games more than once. Kind of fitting in a way that’s just my take.
I think both will work again somewhere. Luhnow is too good and distant enough that he may not be as affected. Hinch is great manager but was kinda in the midst of what should never have happened. He could sit awhile depending on what ones up with Cora. I think in the end, the bulk of this falls on Cora.....

I think there may be some other issues going on behind the scenes. An assistant of some sort got fired over sexual taunts at female media after ALCS. Then the Ryan's left and broke ties with the club

The Prisoner

Reaction score

To address your first sentence, they’ll be an opening in Boston soon :p John Henry will look weak if he doesn’t fire Cora plus they just hired a new gm so he may want his own guy.
On a serious note I was wondering why Hinch didn’t do that well for the Diamondbacks. Now we know.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Fuck the Lastros......fuck the Red Sox.....and fuck Cora......the championships should be vacated....no brainer. Their actions had an impact on the outcome of the World Series.....they cheated...period. Shit....USC had their shit stripped for that weenie Bush just accepting benefits.

Old Texan

Reaction score
Fuck the Lastros......fuck the Red Sox.....and fuck Cora......the championships should be vacated....no brainer. Their actions had an impact on the outcome of the World Series.....they cheated...period. Shit....USC had their shit stripped for that weenie Bush just accepting benefits.
Oh quit beggin'....

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
The DBacks dodge a bullet with Hinch.

The Prisoner

Reaction score

No, the Red Sox can keep theirs. We don't want to Lance Armstrong everybody!!:D:D

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
Oh quit beggin'....
Quit beggin?....lol......so setting up cameras in center field to steal signs is acceptable? This ain't no coach and player on second base stealing signs from painted fingernails of the catcher. Someone made the decision to ok cameras being set up....that turned it into an organizational thing. The whole franchise should pay the consequences. You build a team with a huge amount of talent and you have to resort to cheating to give you an edge? What a slap in the face to the players. :rolleyes:

HB2Havasu

Reaction score

Stealing signs is as old as baseball itself. If your dumb enough not to use sequencing or other forms of deception to hide your signs then you deserve to have your signs stolen. This difference in the Astros and Red Sox cases is they used live video feed to relay the signs to the batter after MLB issued a notice to all teams that this was forbidden. (Note: I'm sure it had been going on for years before MLB issued notice!)

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
The Houston Asterisks and MLB are sweating class action lawsuits by fans. No mention ever how the fans got fucked on this.

Not only lawsuits for refunds of the WS games, but for the entire season and playoffs. Season ticket holders from other team could join the class action too because they got screwed as well. Especially LA fans.

So, no vacating of the results.

MLB had warned Boston and the Asterisks a year earlier about electronic sign stealing and they continued on and did it anyway.

This isn’t the same as your occasional runner on second catching a glimpse and adjusting his hat that teams understand, are aware of and can take precautions. Electronic equip was specifically installed to pull this off.

It’s all about money now and future and how bad the fans got fucked and how fans retaliate.

MLB is running scared and essentially did nothing in response to their findings. Absofuckinglutely nothing.

Last edited:

Bear Down

Reaction score
is this on the same level of the White Sox of 1919?

Reactions: TPC

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
is this on the same level of the White Sox of 1919?

Yeah but these teams and players got off easier.
Players were obviously well aware of it. They were being fed and using that info but no action by MLB taken.

Last edited:

wallnutz

Reaction score
Stealing signs is as old as baseball itself. If your dumb enough not to use sequencing or other forms of deception to hide your signs then you deserve to have your signs stolen. This difference in the Astros and Red Sox cases is they used live video feed to relay the signs to the batter after MLB issued a notice to all teams that this was forbidden. (Note: I'm sure it had been going on for years before MLB issued notice!)
I think you guys are missing my point. If they are going to this much trouble in the minors, think what most if not all are doing in the majors. They are just being more discreet or maybe put it on the shelf for now since the heat is on. Hell we were stealing signs in Little League, only difference is my parent weren’t video taping them and showing us later.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Can I sue them to get my 15 hours of life back? Shoulda stuck to my routine and watched botched

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
Cora is out as Red Sox manager, says they mutually agreed to part ways.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
I just read where the Mets are deciding Carlos Beltran’s fate. Cora may not ever manage again.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Like I said in the other thread...... What you described is essentially learning a player/teams tendencies for calling certain pitches in certain situations. If you can't relay that info to the batter in real time, it just helps the anylitics of the game.l and has been a part of the game since the beginning.
I recall it wasn't even Reggie that took the bennie's but it was his shit-for-brains step dad that took them "on his behalf" but yet used them (most a Hummer if I recall) exclusively himself.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
Cora is out as Red Sox manager, says they mutually agreed to part ways.

It went down something like this:

Owner: Alex can you come into my office. I want to talk to you about this cheating scandal.

Alex Cora: Fuck You I quit !!!

:D:D:D