Al Lavey has passed on

estaban

Reaction score
Al Lavey at 89 years old, a friend fo 50 years has passed on
R.I.P.

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
Last boat ride to the sky..

R.I.P. Al - your legacy has provided both enjoyment and employment for my friends and myself for decades.

Thank you.

You will not be forgotten.

"Uncle" Dave Sampson

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
RIP Mr. Lavey. I have one of your last boats. A 1991 just before the Camires bought the company.

You helped to make custom boating what it is today.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
:(
RIP Al.

Back in the early 2000s Chris and Jeff had an old Lavey flat bottom fall into their shop.
They didn't know much about it,and the owner didn't know any of the history of the boat.
So they called Al to see if he could come check it out.
He came in,and walked up to the boat and leaned in and looked around.
With a twinkle in his eye (like a kid on Christmas morning) he says "That's my old marathon ski race boat."
He went on to tell them he had made all the rigging,rail kit,motor plates,etc,all the hard parts that go into a V drive rig,in his garage.With nothing more than a ban saw and a drill press.
He hadn't seen the boat in decades,he was smiling ear to ear. :)

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
:(
RIP Al.

Back in the early 2000s Chris and Jeff had an old Lavey flat bottom fall into their shop.
They didn't know much about it,and the owner didn't know any of the history of the boat.
So they called Al to see if he could come check it out.
He came in,and walked up to the boat and leaned in and looked around.
With a twinkle in his eye (like a kid on Christmas morning) he says "That's my old marathon ski race boat."
He went on to tell them he had made all the rigging,rail kit,motor plates,etc,all the hard parts that go into a V drive rig,in his garage.With nothing more than a ban saw and a drill press.
He hadn't seen the boat in decades,he was smiling ear to ear. :)

I had heard that story from them previously also...sounds like he had a real passion for what he did and enjoyed his life very much.