WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Alamo Lake, AZ

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Anyone ever visit Alamo Lake? Family and I are always looking for different things to do, saw a sign for Alamo Lake this week on our drive to Prescott and started doing a little research on it. According to their website, there is boating and OHV trails, which would work great for us. Just seeing if anyone has been there?

DWC

Reaction score
Anyone ever visit Alamo Lake? Family and I are always looking for different things to do, saw a sign for Alamo Lake this week on our drive to Prescott and started doing a little research on it. According to their website, there is boating and OHV trails, which would work great for us. Just seeing if anyone has been there?
Did the RDP SXS trip from Havasu to Alamo a couple times. There’s some really good riding in the area. Slot Canyon and Waterfall were really cool. The cabins were clean and reasonably priced. Wayside had good food and drinks. (Not sure how it’s doing now..).

DLC

Reaction score
I was just at wayside oasis in April ate lunch and topping off on fuel
they are a private RV camp ground, have food Resturant / beer and on some weekends a live band.
they host a poker run during winter and it’s a sell out every year, they are closed down for summer to hot!

Lake Alamo is a state park and they have cabins and space available for camping and you can boat /fish on the lake

off roading is good - lot to explore, quite a few points of interest to see

Reactions: DWC

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I’ve been 4 times offroading from havasu (200 miles round trip) as said before lots to see from cabins, mines, waterfalls, slot canyons, garden ect.... wayside has fuel too. Lake is small for boating. Mostly a fishing lake

EarpRider

Reaction score
Did the RDP SXS trip from Havasu to Alamo a couple times. There’s some really good riding in the area. Slot Canyon and Waterfall were really cool. The cabins were clean and reasonably priced. Wayside had good food and drinks. (Not sure how it’s doing now..).
I've looked at camping there before, I didn't realize that they have cabins, its not on there website.

DLC

Reaction score
Cabins have ac /heat and are comfy, bathrooms have flush toilets and great hot showers

Attachments

• EFF77E81-5DB3-45CC-B2B4-9901919BFB8A.png
    EFF77E81-5DB3-45CC-B2B4-9901919BFB8A.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 124
  • 42D15D83-ECDF-40AA-9EEB-EE1511CCB3FE.png
    42D15D83-ECDF-40AA-9EEB-EE1511CCB3FE.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 117

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Camped once years ago and was fun. Don't have a sxs anymore so haven't been back. Hanging out at the Wayside Oasis was a good time.

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
I've camped there once for a week. You can camp right on the waters edge. The lake allows boats on it and I believe there's no HP restrictions. My father in law brought out his fish/ski boat. The fishing is excellent there but there's no real beach areas and a ton of submerged trees. We didn't really get in the water because of the time of year we went. Honestly its a cool spot to visit but its not some kind of hidden gem in the middle of nowhere.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I've camped there once for a week. You can camp right on the waters edge. The lake allows boats on it and I believe there's no HP restrictions. My father in law brought out his fish/ski boat. The fishing is excellent there but there's no real beach areas and a ton of submerged trees. We didn't really get in the water because of the time of year we went. Honestly its a cool spot to visit but its not some kind of hidden gem in the middle of nowhere.
It is if your into offroading

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
I when i was a kid we would dove hunt out there on openers weekend. Lots of good times!

DLC

Reaction score
Lots of cool spots out there to off road and explore
A good day ride would be to head down to Salome hit up Dons for a cool drink and and some eats and then head back

080BF6C6-606C-4588-9413-F2B714B1425F.jpeg

4E23571D-8CC9-4132-8E45-6BED3DB6E5BF.png

teded

Reaction score
Went to Lake Alamo with some friends a few years ago, they have been going there for years. A lot of people dry camp down by the lake and in spots all over the place. We all ended up getting year round RV sites at Waysideoasis. Spend a lot of winter months out there exploring in the SXS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Wow looks great for off-road, which works for me, but sounds like not so great for boating?

I was looking at Alamo Lake State Park because I like the idea of a cabin, but I read on the website that off-road vehicles are not allowed to be driven in the park, unless the are street legal, is that true? If so, that’s not gonna work for me.

DWC

Reaction score
Wow looks great for off-road, which works for me, but sounds like not so great for boating?

I was looking at Alamo Lake State Park because I like the idea of a cabin, but I read on the website that off-road vehicles are not allowed to be driven in the park, unless the are street legal, is that true? If so, that’s not gonna work for me.

They never gave us any grief going to and from the cabins. Short ride from the cabins the wayside on the road. Same deal. Never saw anyone to give any trouble.

teded

Reaction score

A lot of the off road trails start and stop in the state park. We putt through there all the time.

Reactions: DLC

retaocleg

Reaction score
good crappie fishing..........better than dogtown in the williams area, which is supposedly good for crappie(i can attest it is not, unless you like 4 ouncers)

AZmike

Eastsider
Reaction score
Can you reserve that spot by the lake, or is that a first come first serve kind of deal?

It was a first come first serve kind of deal at the time I was there. I'm sure its still that way thiough.

teded

Reaction score
It was a first come first serve kind of deal at the time I was there. I'm sure its still that way thiough.

Most of the people down by the lake are regulars. You got to get there early, like October.

Reactions: DWC

teded

Reaction score
IMG_4531.jpg