WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Alamo Lake Ride 2020

DWC

Reaction score
Where are the cabins in relation to the Alamo State Park Campground? That is where the Milne family will be staying.

The cabins have 4 bunks in the back and a large floor space in the front. Wide open for cots or air mattress. Let me know if you need the space.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
Thinking about getting an RV spot close by and heading out stop off trailer then back to havasu to jeep out.

yz450mm

Reaction score
Where does everybody stage their vehicles and trailers while on the ride?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

yz450mm

Reaction score
Is this worth getting a pumper and helmet for? Or fine without?
A helmet with fresh air and intercoms / radios makes every ride better, trust me it's worth it.

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
The cabins have 4 bunks in the back and a large floor space in the front. Wide open for cots or air mattress. Let me know if you need the space.

Current plan is to slum it on my parents couch while they are camped at the state park. If that falls through, we might take you up on that.

Where does everybody stage their vehicles and trailers while on the ride?

We'll also need a place to stash the truck and trailer in Havasu if any of you have available parking room.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
A lot of people have parked at Daves house. A lot of the members have room at their house. Dlc does I know that. I will be at LOF or DLC house for sure.

The ride pretty much begins at “the short stop” gas station S. McCulloch and 95. 4 miles of pavement and we hit the dirt.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Talking to the wife about renting a bumper pull trailer and glamping for the weekend at Alamo.

We don’t have a SXS, it might be fun to do something different and just hang out.

DLC

Reaction score
Pics from inside the cabin. It’s a 2 room cabin, frt room has room for floor sleepers
And back room has 4 bunks 2 each side. Bring a sleeping bag and they have a mat/pad on the bunks.

The cabin outside space has a fire pit and a picnic table and a parking space we didn’t have a problem parking 3 sxs’ And Dave parked his trailer and truck

They do have outlets heat and AC lights and showers & bathroom is close by.

7B6B7733-336F-416F-888C-40E628ACA1CA.jpeg
3423B7B7-18DB-4F1E-ACA3-A645F6FBBCDD.jpeg
0305FB52-E55C-4E21-968E-B30ED2B9B7B1.jpeg

DLC

Reaction score
Talking to the wife about renting a bumper pull trailer and glamping for the weekend at Alamo.

We don’t have a SXS, it might be fun to do something different and just hang out.

There might be extra seats open on Sunday to go for ride. We go up to slot canyon and kinda cruise around.... it’s the extra day...

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
There might be extra seats open on Sunday to go for ride. We go up to slot canyon and kinda cruise around.... it’s the extra day...

Yea I believe there will be. I’m running solo, I’ll have at least 1 front seat.. I may or may not have back seats available.

@Bpracing1127 may have the same deal.

yz450mm

Reaction score
Yea I believe there will be. I’m running solo, I’ll have at least 1 front seat.. I may or may not have back seats available.

@Bpracing1127 may have the same deal.
I'd like to go, depends on how it works with truck and trailer staging. If I do, I'll have an extra seat available as well.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
I'd like to go, depends on how it works with truck and trailer staging. If I do, I'll have an extra seat available as well.

I think we will be able to work the staging out at various houses.

yz450mm

Reaction score
I think we will be able to work the staging out at various houses.
I'm all about Sunday Funday, but I don't ever drink and drive my truck. Don't want to be a burden on anybody, so need to figure out something convenient for all.

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Where can RV's park in relation to the cabins?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Soo,, do we reserve a RV spot or just first come first served?
Anyone have the GPS coords?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Thinking about getting an RV spot close by and heading out stop off trailer then back to havasu to jeep out.
Google Maps shows a RV camp area up Cholla rd.

Skinny Tire AH

This ain't all folks! Skater368
Reaction score
Google Maps shows a RV camp area up Cholla rd.

Cholla Road, "C" loop is the shit. There is a trail access road to the thousands and thousands of mile of trails and drive-able sand washes. They have 30A power and water. There is a dump at the exit. You're fine with off-road non-DOT stuff at Cholla. They only "tolerate" that at the camp where the cabins are.

Reactions: TPC

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
There are rv spots all within the park, the cabins have rv sites next to them too.

There is always wayside rv Park as well.

Pm me your email. I have the gps rides

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

We already rented the cabins so no need to reserve anything. We will just park them next to the cabins

DWC

Reaction score
There are rv spots all within the park, the cabins have rv sites next to them too.

There is always wayside rv Park as well.

Pm me your email. I have the gps rides

Any updates on this ride?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Yep still on. Big group this year!

was thinking we are getting close to figuring out logistics

we need to plan for the following

food and firewood.

chairs and sleeping bags and what not can be brought by most people.

@RiverDave

let’s talk and see what your plan is and maybe you can help us out again

Reactions: DWC

teded

Reaction score
When is this going to happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Yep still on. Big group this year!

was thinking we are getting close to figuring out logistics

we need to plan for the following

food and firewood.

chairs and sleeping bags and what not can be brought by most people.

@RiverDave

let’s talk and see what your plan is and maybe you can help us out again

Yes, I will tow my trailer out there again.. I'd like to possibly get the supplies before hand so I can haul the trailer out there ahead of time and drop it off.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Someone asked about electricity and water.. Next to the cabins there was 110V electricity and there was a water hose. There was no dumps.

I would expect (don't know for sure) that there would be dumps somewhere in the park. Last time mine was dumped at Windsor when we got home.

Mine didn't have any problem sitting next to one of the cabins with plenty of room behind it to open the tail gate etc.. If someone like @TPC is gonna bring the Taj Mahal I think he'd have to back up further and not be able to open the tail gate on a whim.

Mine is 23'.. I don't suspect it would be a huge issue to put a 35-40 in there, but this is all of memory. If for some reason it doesn't fit, traditional campsites are plentiful literally right next door and cheap. Or Wayside is right up the road a few miles.

Personally in the future I'd like to see this whole trip get moved to the wayside campground. While it isn't on the lake, they are a little more friendly towards night time activities than the state park.

RD

DLC

Reaction score
Does the wayside have public bathrooms /showers beside in the restaurant area? I don’t mind tenting it, just need to S&S comfortably and hope they have warm water.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Someone asked about electricity and water.. Next to the cabins there was 110V electricity and there was a water hose. There was no dumps.

I would expect (don't know for sure) that there would be dumps somewhere in the park. Last time mine was dumped at Windsor when we got home.

Mine didn't have any problem sitting next to one of the cabins with plenty of room behind it to open the tail gate etc.. If someone like @TPC is gonna bring the Taj Mahal I think he'd have to back up further and not be able to open the tail gate on a whim.

Mine is 23'.. I don't suspect it would be a huge issue to put a 35-40 in there, but this is all of memory. If for some reason it doesn't fit, traditional campsites are plentiful literally right next door and cheap. Or Wayside is right up the road a few miles.

Personally in the future I'd like to see this whole trip get moved to the wayside campground. While it isn't on the lake, they are a little more friendly towards night time activities than the state park.

RD

the only problem I see is the cabin offers a place to stay while being logistically easy. But yes nighttime adventures would be better at wayside lol.

c_land

Reaction score
Does anyone have a GPS file for this ride?

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Is this ride open to 2 wheelers or is it strictly a 4wheel adventure???

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Does the wayside have public bathrooms /showers beside in the restaurant area? I don’t mind tenting it, just need to S&S comfortably and hope they have warm water.

Yes you pay them for a shower.. that’s what I did the year we did it in a tent

DLC

Reaction score
I did also,
but
the shower was kinda funky

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
@DLC
@LargeOrangeFont @01erionracing @DWC @Shortdeck @ArizonaKevin @RiverDave

and anyone else I missed

We are about a 2 months away from this ride. I want to start planning some of the logistics regarding the food and firewood.

we have to think about food for

Friday night
Saturday breakfast, lunch and dinner
Sunday breakfast

I am leaving breakfast and lunch to each person for Friday and lunch and dinner to each person for Sunday. Last year we had group dinners and breakfast and one person bought all of the food and we were able to keep in daves trailer which he had onsite. I know Dave is unsure about his trailer this year so we possibly need to bring food and cooking equipment for our trip. Don’t stress it’s not that big of a deal.

so I am opening up the discussion to see what ideas people have on the subject

I know we can eat at wayside too (we usually have breakfast there Sunday morning )

To sum up we need to think of food, cooking equipment and firewood for the days we are going.

DLC

Reaction score
Does beer, jerky & peanuts count as food?

if so then we have that part covered!

lol

firewood is a much bigger
Problem. But if we all carry a bundle, 2 or 3 of that store bought shrink wrapped stuff then we should be good... or shrink wrap your own bundle....

what’s anybody else think?

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Does beer, jerky & peanuts count as food?

if so then we have that part covered!

lol

firewood is a much bigger
Problem. But if we all carry a bundle, 2 or 3 of that store bought shrink wrapped stuff then we should be good... or shrink wrap your own bundle....

what’s anybody else think?

I have my whole backseat available. I can carry a back seat of wood or coolers. I’m good either way

Reactions: DLC