WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Alamo Lake Ride 2020

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
Ok guys and gals I just booked the cabins for Alamo lake 2020.

The weekend is 1/17-1/19 which happens to be Martin Luther King weekend (Monday)

We had a big group last year and thanks to @DLC we started really late due to his late night shenanigans Thursday night lol. @Wendi and @Wmc were pissed as well as Heather!!! @RiverDave had some mechanical problems early in the trip but managed to make it. Hopefully Wendi will use her 3 minutes rule to rally up the troops and get there on time.

We have 4 cabins (all they have) for 2 nights Friday and Saturday night. We had a big group with lots of people and laughs!! This is a family trip, however keep in mind it’s not a 5 star hotel. The cabins are a place to sleep and escape the elements. Showers are a close 1 min walk and have piping hot water! Each cabin has 4 single bunk style beds in the back room and a large “family” room with a table and a couple of folding chairs. I threw my air mattress in this area and was really comfy. I would say the max is 6 people per cabin. There are sites next to the cabins that you can put up a tent if you want “alone” time or you snore loud @DLC.

The ride out is about 90 miles from 95 and McCulloch south. Most sxs can make it on gas to the wayside rv Park where they have gas that is unusually high price, but still cheaper than Ca!

******* special note here********

THE WAYSIDE ONLY HAS 87 OCTANE FUEL,
IF YOUR RIDE REQUIRES 91, YOU MUST BRING OCTANE BOOSTER!!!!!!

This ride has a little bit of everything from washboard washes, tight twisty trails, high speed graded dirt roads, verticals declines and inclines, silt, bushes, sand, mud, and as usual lots of rocks.

We didn’t really have any problems last year with mechanical issues other than river daves belt. It’s up to you to make sure you have the tools and parts to do trail fixes as we are way way out there in some places.

Spare tires and belts are a must!!!!
Radius rods, axels and cvs are recommended. We keep a good pace to make sure everyone gets there in one piece!

No Ricky racers please!!!!

Now onto the business. It’s first come first serve to reserve a cabin spot. Right now one cabin is spoken for and paid for by @DLC. That means I have 3 more cabins open for takers.

Each cabin is $140 or $35 per person @4 people per cabin or $25 if 6 people. Please pm me or text me @949-226-3581 if you want to reserve a cabin and I can work put a payment method with you.

****** note*******

If a cabin doesn’t book up 3 weeks before the trip I will cancel it. And merge people into other remaining cabins.

I don’t see this happening at all as we booked up last year!

Now onto more business. Because most of us will travel by sxs and have limited space to carry gear and food for 30-40 people. We need someone to step up and take a trailer to carry coolers and some peoples gear. Last year River Dave kindly offered his toyhauler to carry gear and firewood and made the drive to Alamo lake from havasu ~2 hours if I recall.

Then Robert and Heather @Clearmax offered to buy food and bring it for meals for the group! If we can get someone to do this again that would be awesome! Of course we will all pay for the food as well.

This is a fun RDP group ride and a great way to meet fanatic RDP people and see them with their clothes on for once!

So who wants to go!?!?
1E7F1B83-0610-4923-A369-6337A0FA90B6.jpeg
EBD4D070-C820-402C-8B42-78EA9DD37CB6.jpeg
6A6F51D8-8C4C-424B-8D1F-9D624676E2A5.jpeg
CFB59059-C556-48E9-9454-D505024B39F5.jpeg
C1496AB6-393E-4232-96D8-9FEEB3AB62BB.jpeg
E858BF00-915C-40F8-916A-9386333A8BBC.jpeg
B40C47EB-B759-4494-87E7-856C52AB6F1C.jpeg
4CD1D26A-7DC0-4981-B111-F46A8D2D8D37.jpeg

DLC

Reaction score
I’m in!

What time do we meet again....

This time we won’t be out rolling RZRs on their side the night before and I’m not taking anybody to the hospital at 1:30 am ....

Although we did get a good fire about midnight up on bison....

Reactions: DWC

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
And I may roll solo if anyone wants to sit in the passenger seat.

mjc

Retired Neighbor
Reaction score
How is this with a jeep. I know I don't go as fast as you sxs people.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I’ll either bring my toy hauler again or a motorhome if I have one by then.

Screw freezing my calls off in that shower again. Lol. The toy hauler deal was the way to go!

DWC

Reaction score

Definitely doable with a capable Jeep. There’s a mix of slow/fast stretches. The fast parts you’d have to play some catch up to make it to the numerous drink/pee stops. As long as there’s a radio and GPS on board I would think you’d be fine.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Crazy Jimmy did it in a tundra, but that guy wasn’t afraid of ripping in that tundra.

Made me have a whole new respect for Toyota’s to be honest. Lol

DWC

Reaction score
I’m in!

What time do we meet again....

This time we won’t be out rolling RZRs on their side the night before and I’m not taking anybody to the hospital at 1:30 am ....

Although we did get a good fire about midnight up on bison....

Few changes this time...
1. We’ll stay in Havasu instead of running up from Needles.
2. Radio / GPS will be added
3. We’ll head to the right Human Bean. SOB. If RD didn’t throw a belt it would have been a pretty short trip for us.

Reactions: DLC

Shortdeck

Reaction score
I never told anyone this last year, but a fucking dog tried to eat me last year while I was throwing up a steak burrito. Other than that it was a pretty fun weekend.
And Sundays are worth hanging around for instead of jetting home first thing in the morning. There’s just as much adventure Sunday as Friday and Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gqchris

Reaction score
Yup, Im going to this one for sure. Dont want to miss the fun this time!

Jumppack JB

Reaction score
JumpPack JB + wife and daughter are in. I will text you payment info. (Family of DWC)

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
I might be in as well but won't be able to commit just yet, Is it a tent camping conversation when all the trailers are booked?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I might be in as well but won't be able to commit just yet, Is it a tent camping conversation when all the trailers are booked?

Each cabin has a parking spot next to it, so you can park s you hauler if you have one.

RD

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Each cabin has a parking spot next to it, so you can park s you hauler if you have one.

RD

Just talked to my dad he might be down to stage his RV there from phoenix then do the ride with us. That would just require us to rent a trailer that can haul both of our SxS's.

Bails

Reaction score
I want to go on this trip.

Just to be clear. The trip out is on Friday? and head back on Sunday?

Thanks,

Joe

01erionracing

Reaction score
I am in with Nancy and and my son (Jefferson). I might trailer the Can Am to Havasu so I will need the cabin, I will pm Ian for the payment.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I want to go on this trip.

Just to be clear. The trip out is on Friday? and head back on Sunday?

Thanks,

Joe
Yes but as shortdeck said we tend to have fun on Sunday too. I always take Monday off work and head home Monday. Last year there were 5 of us and we didn’t get back until almost 9

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I never told anyone this last year, but a fucking dog tried to eat me last year while I was throwing up a steak burrito. Other than that it was a pretty fun weekend.
And Sundays are worth hanging around for instead of jetting home first thing in the morning. There’s just as much adventure Sunday as Friday and Saturday.

Does that mean you are going?

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
So my pops doesn't want to do the havasu to alamo and back part but he's down to meet up with us and ride around alamo lake, is that okay with the group? He's going to try to get his regular group out there that weekend of my Uncle's and Grandparents

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
So these people paid

1 whole cabin for @DWC +5
1 whole cabin for @DLC +5
2 beds for @01erionracing
1 bed for @LargeOrangeFont

That leaves basically 1 whole cabin and 2 beds left if people want to squeeze im ok with that too

Last edited:

ArizonaKevin

Reaction score
Where are the cabins in relation to the Alamo State Park Campground? That is where the Milne family will be staying.

riverroyal

Reaction score
137 mile by road. close to 3 hours per google maps. From havasu to the alamo

riverroyal

Reaction score
yeap. My can am is 2 seats, looking at having the wife drive it by street and met me there. Filling my passenger seat with on of the sons

01erionracing

Reaction score
I'd like to add 4 more to our group so the total crazy Jimmy is Jimmy + 6
Please let me know if the cabin still available so I can send out the payment.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

That's funnier than dog shit:D:p:D:D

DLC

Reaction score
Shoot I’m getting excited and it’s still boating season!

Hey @Shortdeck i remember you saying something about a dog, but I don’t remember the yak-ing part!!

So @RiverDave you need to get your new sxs set up, once October hits things take a while... can’t wait to see what your going to end up with.

riverroyal

Reaction score
If i cant make full trip maybe i will trailer over Saturday morning so i can drive around and see the Saturday sites.

Shortdeck

Reaction score
So these people paid

1 whole cabin for @DWC +5
1 whole cabin for @DLC +5
2 beds for @01erionracing
1 bed for @LargeOrangeFont

That leaves basically 1 whole cabin and 2 beds left if people want to squeeze im ok with that too

I’m going. I think DLCs head count has me included. It’s the one time a year I get to listen to repeated U2 songs through the headsets, drink as much as I want, and eat cold pizza all weekend. [emoji3]

DLC

Reaction score
Thank you !
I’ve been trying to block out the u2 songs... the only music I had on my phone was one U2 album, 15 plus hours of U2 songs over and over and yes over again sucks!

Bono can kiss my ass!

The Beers were really good!

DWC

Reaction score
Thank you !
I’ve been trying to block out the u2 songs... the only music I had on my phone was one U2 album, 15 plus hours of U2 songs over and over and yes over again sucks!

Bono can kiss my ass!

The Beers were really good!

When we got our boat i couldn’t figure out the IPod hook up. Picked it up the day before monster bash. First day on the water was the poker run. It would only play in alphabetical order....
Turns out i have a lot Adele.