WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Albuquerque/Rio Rancho Inmates

77hallett

Reaction score
What are the local go to lakes? I’ve seen people going to Elephant Butte, but are there any others that are within the pseudo local area? Just finished building in Rio Rancho off of 550 and NW Loop across from the National Guard Armory.

Thanks for any info!

77hallett

Reaction score
When I was driving to Alamogordo…going south from Albuquerque I seen a lot of jet boats on the 25 ? I think it is
I know that Navajo Reservoir is up north but that’s a bit far for a day trip. And I see people coming down 550 daily towing their boats.

playdeep

Reaction score
Navajo is your closest/best bet...
Elephant Butte is 3 hrs.South by the time you clear traffic and it's at a whopping 9%of capacity.
Cochiti is 30 minutes North.unfortunately it's No wake.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
550 is an easy drive these days, divided highway all the way to Broomfield. Leave early you could be on the water by 10 or 11.

But I was going to say that there aren't many options for a quick trip to check something out or go out in the afternoon after work. Or at least that was the situation when I lived there years ago.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
What are the local go to lakes? I’ve seen people going to Elephant Butte, but are there any others that are within the pseudo local area? Just finished building in Rio Rancho off of 550 and NW Loop across from the National Guard Armory.

Thanks for any info!

Old thread, I know...but we boat at the butte. We do a lot of day trips. Its 2 hours from garage to beach for us, but I'm just south of Alb. Even when the lake is low (right now its ~6%), still a decent sized lake. 3% is where it starts to get iffy.

cofooter

Reaction score
We used to drive down from Colorado to Conchas Lake and Ute Lake east of Las Vegas and noth of Tucumcari. Cool lakes but have not been in years. We'd also go to Navajo occasionally.

77hallett

Reaction score
Old thread, I know...but we boat at the butte. We do a lot of day trips. Its 2 hours from garage to beach for us, but I'm just south of Alb. Even when the lake is low (right now its ~6%), still a decent sized lake. 3% is where it starts to get iffy.
Come summer we will be making at least one trip down there. We will more than likely be doing our day trips up to Navajo due to the fact we are on 550 already. It’s a bummer the lakes from Albuquerque are that far away.

pwerwagn

Inmate #4800
Reaction score
Come summer we will be making at least one trip down there. We will more than likely be doing our day trips up to Navajo due to the fact we are on 550 already. It’s a bummer the lakes from Albuquerque are that far away.

Were down there almost every weekend in the summer, and quite a few during winter too. Hit me up next summer if you need the ins and outs.

I work on KAFB too, on the East side for Sandia Labs.

dawnpatrol

Reaction score
We're in Rio Rancho also, close to 550 and frequent Navajo Lake almost every weekend during the summer and at least once a month in the winter. We have a houseboat there and cruise the lake in the 28' Heat. Its about a 2 1/2 -3+ hr trip depending if towing or not and stops, like 180 miles.

We have water skied at Abiquiu, Storie, Santa Rosa, Conchas, Ute and Elephant Butte over the years. Closest day trip was Abiquiu, North about 2 hrs, 107 miles.

Shoot me a PM with any questions...Welcome tp New Mexico!!

Attachments

• Houseboat & Nordic Heat.jpg
    Houseboat & Nordic Heat.jpg
    241.7 KB · Views: 27

77hallett

Reaction score
Were down there almost every weekend in the summer, and quite a few during winter too. Hit me up next summer if you need the ins and outs.

I work on KAFB too, on the East side for Sandia Labs.
Sweet! Hit me up if you want to come look at an airplane.
We're in Rio Rancho also, close to 550 and frequent Navajo Lake almost every weekend during the summer and at least once a month in the winter. We have a houseboat there and cruise the lake in the 28' Heat. Its about a 2 1/2 -3+ hr trip depending if towing or not and stops, like 180 miles.

We have water skied at Abiquiu, Storie, Santa Rosa, Conchas, Ute and Elephant Butte over the years. Closest day trip was Abiquiu, North about 2 hrs, 107 miles.

Shoot me a PM with any questions...Welcome tp New Mexico!!
those aren’t too bad then. We are looking forward to it this next year.