WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Alec Baldwin

azsunfun

Reaction score
children:rolleyes: blanks at 20' can do some damage, seen hair on fire on stuntman from 40' with wad from shotgun.

Reactions: DWC

94essex

Reaction score
Is this 2nd time this has happened to him?

Sherpa

Reaction score
That dumbass Model dude John Eric hexum points a pistol with a blank cartridge at his head
And fires killing himself. That shit happened in
1984. What an idiot.

Nikwho

Reaction score
Couldnt have happened to a nicer guy!

Sad for the casualties, and their families, though!

ETA: I could have worded this more carefully. Super sad for the two casualties, and their families! Alec Baldwin is just a POS!

Last edited:

rrrr

Reaction score
As someone who works on a film crew I don't even know how this could happen. Boggles my mind.
I have heard there are strict protocols regarding stunt firearms on a set because of accidents in the past. This is puzzling, especially considering one person died and another was seriously injured. Based on your knowledge of how these things are done, can you share your impressions?

TimeBandit

Reaction score
He must have been futzing around with the prop gun, why else would he fire at a cinematographer? or a director??

If it was an accident while filming he would have killed another actor methinks.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I thought the prop guns had the barrels welded shut?

I know they permanently wrecked a bunch of antique guns making Public Enemey (I think that’s what it was called.. john Dillinger movie)

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Seems so odd that he was pointing it at a Photographer and not in the general direction of an actor . . . perhaps it was a shot where the viewer is 'staring down the barrel' and maybe the director was off to the side or behind her? Just speculating I know. . . . can't imagine anyone would shoot a second time after the 1st mistake.
Horrible news Halyna was a very pretty gal.

2Driver

Reaction score
Apparently it wasn’t a prop but a real gun. To me the person shooting is ultimately responsible for using the gun.

I'd never shoot a gun that someone else prepared for me without double checking the gun myself. Especially if it was a real gun and supposedly loaded with blanks.

Last edited:

just_floatin

Reaction score
I’m sure he will release a statement that it was Trumps fault.
EB2172EA-5F83-4EE5-B14C-D793CA4AEE90.jpeg

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Buddy of mine is a prop master. He was telling me a couple months ago how he went off on some f head actor for playing with the “starter” pistols.😡

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
That dumbass Model dude John Eric hexum points a pistol with a blank cartridge at his head
And fires killing himself. That shit happened in
1984. What an idiot.
I was just telling someone that story last night. You would think every Actor, of a certain age, would remember that death and not play with guns on the set.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Bruce Lee’s son Brandon was killed that way
Yep.
The barrel had a bullet fragment lodged in it and no one checked it.
When the blank was discharged it became a muzzle loader in effect, killing Brandon Lee.

I saw a show where they tested the theory and the slug in the barrel was easily discharged into a gel cube almost like a normal cartridge.
I think it was a 44 Mag?

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Depending on the proximity, a blank could still kill. If he was that ignorant of the risks, he shouldn't have been trusted with a firearm. Sad for the lost and the injured...not for the ones responsible.

The "PROP" guy is who is responsible for everything related.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
As someone who works on a film crew I don't even know how this could happen. Boggles my mind.
Rumor ( I hate that) has it that it wasn't a prop gun and had a live round in it. Prop master was possibly also a non-union local hire.

Terrible from all aspects and tragic. I feel for the family, crew. Also hearing some of the crew was working 14-16 hour days and sleeping in their cars
because they didn't want to make the hour trip to the hotel to sleep.
Just sad all the way around :mad:

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
USA TODAY obtained an email sent to members of IATSE Local 44, a union of prop makers and other craft persons who work within the entertainment industry, about the incident. The message said the prop gun from the "Rust" set was loaded with "a live single round" and that no Local 44 members were on set.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
USA TODAY obtained an email sent to members of IATSE Local 44, a union of prop makers and other craft persons who work within the entertainment industry, about the incident. The message said the prop gun from the "Rust" set was loaded with "a live single round" and that no Local 44 members were on set.

FOX, just reporting that YES, it was a Live Round.o_O

Hydroman55

Reaction score
Why is there a gun that is used for both live round and blanks? That’s some fucked procedure right there. Only been making movies for over a hundred years and this is learned safety protocol?
Sounds fishy to me, something isn’t right.