WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Alec Baldwin

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Do they need a real weapon is more like it? Sure seems fake plastic ones are barely distinguishable by most these days.
You don't even need fake plastic one. There are replica trainers out there that are real guns lacking the firing mechanism. They aren't complely milled out so you couldn't make it operable unless you switched out the uppers completely. We use them for training and weight for means of safety and handling of weapons in a training environment.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I don’t think the charge is for actually pulling the trigger.
The charge is because as the producer, he’s HNIC for the set including safety and hiring pros.

The set had major problems.
Safety crew walked off the set days prior. Verbalized safety concerns were not heeded.
And the armorer he hired is clearly an imbecile with no experience.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
FB35853F-8746-46D9-9FE2-0658C52CA1C6.jpeg

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
You don't even need fake plastic one. There are replica trainers out there that are real guns lacking the firing mechanism. They aren't complely milled out so you couldn't make it operable unless you switched out the uppers completely. We use them for training and weight for means of safety and handling of weapons in a training environment.
I have a Schofield top break and an 1873 Cattleman that are real in every way except they won’t accept a live round.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Update on this POS

Alec Baldwin hit with new 'Rust' lawsuit by three crew members who suffered 'blast injuries'​

Alec Baldwin and "Rust" movie productions were named in a negligence lawsuit filed by three former crew members who say they witnessed the on-set shooting death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.

Ross Addiego, Doran Curtin and Reese Price are suing Baldwin, Rust Movie Productions, LLC and El Dorado Pictures for compensatory and punitive damages following injuries suffered on set, "including, but not limited to, hearing loss, temporary deafness, and vibrational shock," per the suit.

Documents obtained by Fox News Digital stated, "On October 21, 2021, Defendant Alexander R. Baldwin III fired a Colt .45 revolver towards the crew on the set of the movie Rust, killing the film’s Director of Photography – Halyna Hutchins – and injuring Ross Addiego, Doran Curtin and Reese Price ("Plaintiffs").

"These injuries were caused by Defendants’ failure to follow industry safety rules. Defendants cut corners; ignored reports of multiple, unscripted firearms discharges; and persisted, rushed and understaffed, to finish the film."

Baldwin has denied he pulled the trigger of the gun which killed Hutchins.

"The negligent and reckless conduct of Alec Baldwin and the Rust production cannot be excused," Jacob G. Vigil, legal counsel for the three former crew members, said in a statement provided to Fox News Digital.

Addiego, Curtin and Price claimed the "gun-heavy" Western flick was allowed only "21 days to film" and had "safety complaints" throughout production. They alleged assistant director David Halls "cut corners" with safety and skipped critical set moves. He also failed to "properly distribute" safety bulletins and how cast and crew should handle weaponry.

The three crew members recalled Baldwin accepting the gun on set the day of the fatal shooting. "No one examined the revolver before Halls handed it to Defendant Baldwin," docs stated. "He did not request that anyone verify or demonstrate the revolver’s safety before this exchange. And he did not ask to see whether ammunition was present inside the revolver’s chamber – despite his knowledge of the observable differences between a live and dummy round, and a loaded and unloaded chamber. Instead, Defendant Baldwin accepted the revolver without any verification that it was a 'cold gun.'"

A church scene was being filmed with a limited crew inside. The suit claims that without "proper rehearsal," Baldwin began to "practice his draw."

"With his right hand, Defendant Baldwin repeatedly drew the revolver across his body from the left shoulder holster and pointed it in the direction of the crew members standing in front of him, including Plaintiffs."

On the third draw, "Defendant Baldwin cocked the hammer of the revolver with the trigger pulled and fired it towards the crew striking Hutchins, and injuring Plaintiffs."

"The sound from the live discharge inside the small church was deafening, causing Plaintiffs to suffer blast injuries," the documents also revealed.

"After the shooting, Defendants offered no diagnostic services or any meaningful emotional or mental health services to Plaintiffs. Despite this, Plaintiffs have independently sought support in dealing with their injuries which include, but are not limited to, insomnia, anxiety, depression, and symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder."

Last week, Baldwin pleaded not guilty to two counts of involuntary manslaughter. He is also facing a civil lawsuit brought against him by Hutchins' family. In October, Baldwin and "Rust" producers reached an agreement with Hutchins' husband Matthew Hutchins in a wrongful death lawsuit.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Update on this POS

Alec Baldwin hit with new 'Rust' lawsuit by three crew members who suffered 'blast injuries'​

Alec Baldwin and "Rust" movie productions were named in a negligence lawsuit filed by three former crew members who say they witnessed the on-set shooting death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins.

Ross Addiego, Doran Curtin and Reese Price are suing Baldwin, Rust Movie Productions, LLC and El Dorado Pictures for compensatory and punitive damages following injuries suffered on set, "including, but not limited to, hearing loss, temporary deafness, and vibrational shock," per the suit.

Documents obtained by Fox News Digital stated, "On October 21, 2021, Defendant Alexander R. Baldwin III fired a Colt .45 revolver towards the crew on the set of the movie Rust, killing the film’s Director of Photography – Halyna Hutchins – and injuring Ross Addiego, Doran Curtin and Reese Price ("Plaintiffs").

"These injuries were caused by Defendants’ failure to follow industry safety rules. Defendants cut corners; ignored reports of multiple, unscripted firearms discharges; and persisted, rushed and understaffed, to finish the film."

Baldwin has denied he pulled the trigger of the gun which killed Hutchins.

"The negligent and reckless conduct of Alec Baldwin and the Rust production cannot be excused," Jacob G. Vigil, legal counsel for the three former crew members, said in a statement provided to Fox News Digital.

Addiego, Curtin and Price claimed the "gun-heavy" Western flick was allowed only "21 days to film" and had "safety complaints" throughout production. They alleged assistant director David Halls "cut corners" with safety and skipped critical set moves. He also failed to "properly distribute" safety bulletins and how cast and crew should handle weaponry.

The three crew members recalled Baldwin accepting the gun on set the day of the fatal shooting. "No one examined the revolver before Halls handed it to Defendant Baldwin," docs stated. "He did not request that anyone verify or demonstrate the revolver’s safety before this exchange. And he did not ask to see whether ammunition was present inside the revolver’s chamber – despite his knowledge of the observable differences between a live and dummy round, and a loaded and unloaded chamber. Instead, Defendant Baldwin accepted the revolver without any verification that it was a 'cold gun.'"

A church scene was being filmed with a limited crew inside. The suit claims that without "proper rehearsal," Baldwin began to "practice his draw."

"With his right hand, Defendant Baldwin repeatedly drew the revolver across his body from the left shoulder holster and pointed it in the direction of the crew members standing in front of him, including Plaintiffs."

On the third draw, "Defendant Baldwin cocked the hammer of the revolver with the trigger pulled and fired it towards the crew striking Hutchins, and injuring Plaintiffs."

"The sound from the live discharge inside the small church was deafening, causing Plaintiffs to suffer blast injuries," the documents also revealed.

"After the shooting, Defendants offered no diagnostic services or any meaningful emotional or mental health services to Plaintiffs. Despite this, Plaintiffs have independently sought support in dealing with their injuries which include, but are not limited to, insomnia, anxiety, depression, and symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder."

Last week, Baldwin pleaded not guilty to two counts of involuntary manslaughter. He is also facing a civil lawsuit brought against him by Hutchins' family. In October, Baldwin and "Rust" producers reached an agreement with Hutchins' husband Matthew Hutchins in a wrongful death lawsuit.

blast injuries.. LOL.

Well, it makes ya wonder what these guys think our cops and military go through daily?

RD

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
This production was doomed from the beginning. Whenever they don't pay your rate and lowball you that's the first sign that you're gonna have trouble. The production got what they paid for, unskilled armorer, terrible safety protocols on set etc.... But, the lady that was killed was the DP, the person in charge of Camera, Lighting and Grip. In a perfect world she should've stood by her crew and demanded fair compensation and a safe work environment for her crew. Yet a handful of camera crew members walked.. Her and the Steadicam Operator stayed, most likely they were getting a rentals on top of their hourly wage so it was worth their while. I still can't believe that this even happend... And Baldwin? The guy's a joke...

wzuber

Reaction score
You know what? If it cost Alec money and stress, I’m all for it. The guy is a serious gaslighting POS

View attachment 1204864
Agreed....anything that brings pain/discomfort and at the very least financial loss/destruction to his life ia ALMOST good enough. He should b in prison. He'd make a fine cell block bitch.

dribble

Reaction score
From a pure legal standpoint, I can see why. All of us here know how to handle a gun. Any gun. Baldwin is a snowflake and relied on someone who allegedly knew what they were doing. And they were being paid to do it. Civilly, I'm sure he will be held liable. Criminally, it was a stretch.

poncho

Reaction score
From a pure legal standpoint, I can see why. All of us here know how to handle a gun. Any gun. Baldwin is a snowflake and relied on someone who allegedly knew what they were doing. And they were being paid to do it. Civilly, I'm sure he will be held liable. Criminally, it was a stretch.
If his future resembles OJ's that would be fine with me.

poncho

Reaction score
BUT!!, O.J. has never paid them a "Dime" and lived the traveling around living the Good Life.🤔
I'm really not up on it but I was under the impression that being in jail and never being able to have anything turned him into a famous hobo, if i'm wrong that sucks.

Smug fucker and his lawyers walked out of that courtroom thinking they won and I thought after the civil trial and going to jail he didn't win anything, bullet to the brain would have been best.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
I’m short I heard the original prosecutor stepped/recused down and the 2 new ones didn’t want to pursue the charges.
Things that make you go. Hmmmmm

SoCalDave

Reaction score
And he still claims he didn't pull the trigger though the FBI has ruled that the gun would not have fired unless the trigger was pulled...

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
I'm really not up on it but I was under the impression that being in jail and never being able to have anything turned him into a famous hobo, if i'm wrong that sucks.

Smug fucker and his lawyers walked out of that courtroom thinking they won and I thought after the civil trial and going to jail he didn't win anything, bullet to the brain would have been best.

I saw a program that detailed that he had "Hid" all his Assets and actually Onn Paper, appears broke. This reporter and article made it sound as if he actually enjoyed Taunting Ron Goldman's Father and Nicolle Brown's Family. He WILL burn in Hell.:confused:

Sandlord

Reaction score
He can still be charged.
no statute of limitations for this.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Post #370.

Deep state got involved to get those charges dropped. The end.
To me it sounds just like a Tom Clancy book except there is a son growing up without his mother in this one.

Hutchens family received an undisclosed amount of money in a wrongful death settlement prior to Baldwin being charged. That rarely happens as civil suits rely heavily on the prosecuted outcome.

There has been no government outcry, no gun safety talk, no new regulations, no new "on set" laws passed regarding this crime.
Why? Not part of our governments agenda. Alec Baldwin not banned from gun use or ownership. The likely completely innocent prop handler will fry who I'm sure never loaded the gun with a live round.

The guy that handed Alec the gun took a deal early on... what does that tell ya.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

wzuber

Reaction score
I don't understand the last 2 paragraphs of the article.
"In June Michael Hitchins settled the wrongful death suit w/baldwin and the producers. They resumed filming in Sept. and michael became an executive producer on the show."
Michael also stated "everybody believes this was just a horrible accident".

Did he just use her death to advance his carreer?