WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Alec Baldwin

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
From reading around it seems the term 'Live Round' is used in the production world as a 'generic' term for any cartridge.
Again, I've got ZERO experience, but I did read that they will use a 'case' with a bullet, but no powder or primer (for up close shots of loading a magazine, revolver cylinder etc.) . . . then the 'Blanks' which are primer / powder / no bullet with just paper covering the case opening to keep the powder in and cause the bang.smoke, noise, etc.

A floating 'theory' is one of the actual 'bullets' from a 'dummy cartridge' used in a prior scene may have become dislodged from the case and was left in the cylinder (assuming it was a revolver) . . . then when a 'blank' was loaded and fired it propelled the 'loose bullet' that was already in there.

Again, total speculation, and I know zero about this stuff . . . but since one person is dead and another seriously injured, seems odd that a 'blank only' could do that much damage.

I did read also that some of the film crew had walked-off the set earlier in the morning over complaints about working conditions, money etc. Non-union replacements were brought in as replacements . . . it's considered a low-budget film.

Doesn't look good anyway you look at it.

Reactions: DWC

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
The gun was obviously pointed at the victim. There’s been no mention of ricochet etc. Lesson #1 basic gun safety. You treat EVERY gun as if it is loaded. No Exceptions. Age 9, NRA Hunter Safety Class, for me. And at least one parent had to be with you. Excellent classes. Final class was on the range with live fire.

riverroyal

Reaction score
So this deseaced female appears to be a behind the camera type.
The scene they were filming was probably a gun pointed into the camera. We have all seen this angle.
He did not point a gun and pull trigger randomly at someone.
You may not like the guy, but this is still a tragic accident.
Karma doesnt pull others into your misery. If you believe karma at all.
Movie set accident. If it wasnt baldwin it wouldn't even make the news!
Im pretty surprised by responses here. He didnt deserve this, his political actions or big mouth did not kill the lady.

Im not defending him or anyone. But damn, nobody on here knows the story for sure but everyone sure hates him.

What if a crane operator drops a load of steel rigged by a ground guy and this operator likes Biden? Do you flame the operator?

Tragic event. Nobody was out to shoot anyone, they were at work.

One miscue has changed 20, 30, 50 peoples lives forever.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
The scene they were filming was probably a gun pointed into the camera. We have all seen this angle.
Im pretty surprised by responses here. He didnt deserve this, his political actions or big mouth did not kill the lady.

Im not defending him or anyone. But damn, nobody on here knows the story for sure but everyone sure hates him.

What if a crane operator drops a load of steel rigged by a ground guy and this operator likes Biden? Do you flame the operator?

This is the exact same thread as the Brian Laundrie thread. No one here knows anything and everyone has already convicted.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
The gun was obviously pointed at the victim. There’s been no mention of ricochet etc. Lesson #1 basic gun safety. You treat EVERY gun as if it is loaded. No Exceptions. Age 9, NRA Hunter Safety Class, for me. And at least one parent had to be with you. Excellent classes. Final class was on the range with live fire.
This^^^^^^^ The most basic rule.
Plain and simple. Never point a weapon at a person, period, unless you intend to shoot them.
No logical reason he'd be pointing at her unless he was directing it at the camera, like someone else said. Looking up the barrel.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Basic gun safety....yes. Baldwin was given a prop to use. Does he or anyother end user fully inspect the work tools? No. Because the expert in props is the EXPERT.

I think baldwin is getting flamed due to his political views and beliefs. I dont think thats fair.
Its his right to speak freely, just like mine, yours, anyone in the dungeon or any where.

We are so divided as country right now its unreal. No more human element.

J DUNN

Unknown Member
Reaction score
Interesting thought...........

Granted I know this actually takes character and somebody that would be "true" to their convictions BUT here it goes....

I don't smoke or drink and wouldn't act, if I was an actor, in a scene that required those things or the appearance that I was smoking or drinking.
But these libtards have NO PROBLEM getting into a scene using all sorts of guns and weapons displaying all of the abhorrent brutality they so fiercely keyboard crusade against. No back bone, and they'll do anything for the money. Sell outs.

500bbc

Reaction score

Maybe she pissed him off? He's a known wife beater with a short fuse...

riverroyal

Reaction score
Interesting thought...........

Granted I know this actually takes character and somebody that would be "true" to their convictions BUT here it goes....

I don't smoke or drink and wouldn't act, if I was an actor, in a scene that required those things or the appearance that I was smoking or drinking.
But these libtards have NO PROBLEM getting into a scene using all sorts of guns and weapons displaying all of the abhorrent brutality they so fiercely keyboard crusade against. No back bone, and they'll do anything for the money. Sell outs.
I do agree on this...you hate guys and in a gun scene. It was a western not a gang drug style movie. Maybe thats different? Maybe

jetboatperformance

Reaction score
This Baldwin is a card carrying DICK , Thoughts and prayers to the injured and deceased , Sorry no mercy for Baldwin , negligent manslaughter IMO I have owned and used firearms since 10 or 12 there was no dumbass excuse for this , Hope he goes to prison and the phony "Hispanic" heritage bitch goes broke in the process.... there shouldnt have been a live round anywhere NEAR that set

River Runnin

Reaction score
The article said it wasn’t a prop gun! … and the killing bullet was a live round! — Westerns usually means a 45 long colt! — That violent loose fuck’n cannon up’d his resume an probably checked off a big item on his bucket list!

2017 Baldwin tweets Should hang the fucker! ‘ I wonder how it feels to wrongly kill someone? ‘ and this is just one of them!

Last edited:

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Too bad this wasn't the weapon

Screen Shot 2021-10-22 at 3.49.58 PM.png

I know.... too soon

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Rumor ( I hate that) has it that it wasn't a prop gun and had a live round in it. Prop master was possibly also a non-union local hire.

Terrible from all aspects and tragic. I feel for the family, crew. Also hearing some of the crew was working 14-16 hour days and sleeping in their cars
because they didn't want to make the hour trip to the hotel to sleep.
Just sad all the way around :mad:
So it would have never happened if the Prop Master was union, Got It!!!!!!!!!;)

riverroyal

Reaction score
The article said it wasn’t a prop gun! … and the killing bullet was a live round! — Westerns usually means a 45 long colt! — That violent loose fuck’n cannon up’d his resume an probably checked off a big item on his bucket list!
guess we will wait and find out. NOT a prop and live round seems crazy in 2021 making entertainment. All speculations. A movie crew could walk off for something as simple as not enough outhouses.

For the group here....
If this was a Kid Rock movie and he shot and killed someone with a prop gun handed to him would you still have the same opinion of the shooter?

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
guess we will wait and find out. NOT a prop and live round seems crazy in 2021 making entertainment. All speculations. A movie crew could walk off for something as simple as not enough outhouses.

For the group here....
If this was a Kid Rock movie and he shot and killed someone with a prop gun handed to him would you still have the same opinion of the shooter?

Only if Kid Rock's parents turned him into the cops.

boatdoc55

Reaction score
If it didn’t have a welded barrel it wasn’t a prop gun! A gun used as a prop probably! At any rate the POS pointed and pulled the trigger! — THATS NOT A FUCKING ACCIDENT!
FIRST and GOLDEN Rule of guns. NEVER point it at ANYTHING you don't want to kill!!!!!!!!!!! He's as liable as the sun coming up in the East Tomorrow!!! I don't give a rats ass about his feelings, he should be in San Quentin tomorrow!!

boatdoc55

Reaction score
Basic gun safety....yes. Baldwin was given a prop to use. Does he or anyother end user fully inspect the work tools? No. Because the expert in props is the EXPERT.

I think baldwin is getting flamed due to his political views and beliefs. I dont think thats fair.
Its his right to speak freely, just like mine, yours, anyone in the dungeon or any where.

We are so divided as country right now its unreal. No more human element.
So you walk in to Bass Tackle Master in Havasu and ask Tony to see a gun in the showcase. He reaches in and grabs the gun up and the FIRST thing he does is safety check the gun. Now it's in your hands what's the first thing you do with the gun that Tony just handed to you, SAFETY check the gun. I don't give a rat's ass if you just saw him do it two feet away from you, YOU do it also!!!!! No one gets shot or dies this way, PERIOD!!!!!!!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
All politics and bs aside...
I'd honestly never thought of film making and gun safety. All of you that have guns( 😏 ) say the same thing: Always treat a gun as if it were loaded. Know your target and it's surroundings, including the background. Only place your finger on trigger with the intent to fire, and only fire upon something you mean to kill or destroy.

Maybe that's why most actors are anti-gun...they've never been properly trained.

azsunfun

Reaction score
i just watched a interview with "a" stunt superviser his words dummy. rounds in the six guns for visuals have primers that should have dents showing they fired? really, misfires from non primer ignition happens, to have a primer in a shell for strait film shot of the barrel? please.

riverroyal

Reaction score
So you walk in to Bass Tackle Master in Havasu and ask Tony to see a gun in the showcase. He reaches in and grabs the gun up and the FIRST thing he does is safety check the gun. Now it's in your hands what's the first thing you do with the gun that Tony just handed to you, SAFETY check the gun. I don't give a rat's ass if you just saw him do it two feet away from you, YOU do it also!!!!! No one gets shot or dies this way, PERIOD!!!!!!!
your missing my point.
Everyone is flaming Baldwin for his out spoken political views and gun rants. Yes he should have checked it.
This entire thread is more about Baldwin than what is the right or wrong way to handle a firearm.

Also, its a movie set with some sort of safety protocol. My guess is Baldwin followed this work place rule. Mistakes were made somewhere along the chain. Maybe Tony at Bass masters should have been there

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Mistakes were definitely made. Hoping that's all it was, just accidental stupidity from multiple people.
Of course, one has to wonder if the film crew walking had any effect on someone's temper, and the director of cinematography ending up dead. Still wonder also how the second individual was injured...was it a through and through of the deceased, a secondary projectile or shrapnel of some type.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
So pulling the trigger constitutes a misfire? Noted, incase some dumbass breaks into my house and my gun "misfires"
Watch this one closely…it might establish some case law

riverroyal

Reaction score
Hmmm ... The same crowd that favors gun control and would mock gun carrying Patriots get rich making movies glamorizing gun violence.
Yeah, that part is going to Sting.
drugs use, violence, degrading women, actors will always get a pay check when it’s available

wonder how many video game designers and programmers don’t like guns, hookers, violence, but make a living off it.
tough to draw the line….

LargeOrangeFont

Reaction score
Yeah, that part is going to Sting.
drugs use, violence, degrading women, actors will always get a pay check when it’s available

wonder how many video game designers and programmers don’t like guns, hookers, violence, but make a living off it.
tough to draw the line….

Its actually not...they just turn the soapbox sideways and shout louder and maybe no one will notice.

boatdoc55

Reaction score
your missing my point.
Everyone is flaming Baldwin for his out spoken political views and gun rants. Yes he should have checked it.
This entire thread is more about Baldwin than what is the right or wrong way to handle a firearm.

Also, its a movie set with some sort of safety protocol. My guess is Baldwin followed this work place rule. Mistakes were made somewhere along the chain. Maybe Tony at Bass masters should have been there
If Tony was there, that cute gal taking pics would still be breathing!! There is NO excuse for what happened, guns don't kill people, people do. Get up on your roof of your house and put a pistol behind the fireplace chimney. Come back in 20 years and I'll bet it never killed anybody. Baldwin killed that woman without a doubt!!! Weather he intended to or not, he DID NOT follow protocol and she is DEAD and another wounded. PERIOD!!!!

riverroyal

Reaction score
If Tony was there, that cute gal taking pics would still be breathing!! There is NO excuse for what happened, guns don't kill people, people do. Get up on your roof of your house and put a pistol behind the fireplace chimney. Come back in 20 years and I'll bet it never killed anybody. Baldwin killed that woman without a doubt!!! Weather he intended to or not, he DID NOT follow protocol and she is DEAD and another wounded. PERIOD!!!!
Yes he killed her
Again my point was....awwww fuck it

DRYHEAT

Reaction score
Maybe she pissed him off? He's a known wife beater with a short fuse...
I think he’s also been known to have a short fuse on set with the crew at times. It’ll be interesting to see what the truth is if it will ever come out.☹️

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score

boatdoc55

Reaction score
Yes he killed her
Again my point was....awwww fuck it
I'm not flaming Baldwin at all. Hell I've not stepped foot into a movie theater in over 30 years, fuck them people. I could give a flying F if it was DJT or Jao Biden, my bitch is, RULES were not followed and two people were hurt and one died and it is nobody's or anything's fault but a dumbshit who didn't have a right to pick up a firearm, let alone the brains to pull the trigger. I hope the POS doesn't get a minute of sleep the rest of his life thinking about what he and only he did to a wife and mother.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Baldwin life as he knows it is over. Baldwin will be dealt with,his perceived status in life will mean nothing. Meanwhile,today as usual not much being said about the awesome person,wife & mother who needlessly lost her life. I cannot imagine the pain for her family right now and in the coming years.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
your missing my point.

MISTAKE? A Live round in the Gun. A MISTAKE.:rolleyes:

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Baldwin is a producer on this production. The working conditions were so bad that the Camera Operators and their assistants (and others too) walked off the job before the shooting. They were told that they would be staying close to the location but then the producers moved them to stay in Albuquerque about an hour away. The deceased should have walked with her crew that she was in charge of because of the working conditions but instead they hired scabs to come in. Who knows who this low budget POS hired to handle the firearms. But, they fucked up, and Baldwin fucked up too. If I'm handed a firearm and I'm told to aim at the camera I would inspect the firearm for blanks myself and never trust anyone, but that's just me. This story is gonna get big real quick.