WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Alec Baldwin

500bbc

Reaction score
Baldwin life as he knows it is over. Baldwin will be dealt with,his perceived status in life will mean nothing. Meanwhile,today as usual not much being said about the awesome person,wife & mother who needlessly lost her life. I cannot imagine the pain for her family right now and in the coming years.
He'll get a raise from SNL and lauded by the left for showing how a gun kills people, not the person handling it.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
RR, leave the politics out of it. It is you who continues to bring it up. Well, mostly you. Take a look at one of your early remarks. "He did not point a gun and pull trigger randomly at someone". Yes, he was the person who pointed the gun. If not him, then who? "He did not point a gun and pull trigger randomly at someone". If the trigger was not pulled randomly, then you're saying it was pulled intentionally? Of course, that's likely not what you meant. Lack of proper gun safety and handling appears to be the only causes here. There is also likely more than one person who failed here. And I don't give a rat's ass about their politics or your's either. Proper Gun Handling and Safety does not have an R or D in front of it. When practiced it is simple and safe. And it works. It wasn't practiced here. Period.

Last edited:

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
It was reported today, perhaps a metal fragment remained in the barrel from a previous firing. Not sure how that could happen But, After firing once, twice or thirty times, a responsible gun owner/handler/prop manager etc will carefully inspect and clean the gun. Are live bullets also fired, at times, from these "prop guns"? I have no idea. If so, that's an accident waiting to happen. What is the political persuasion of the individuals involved? Who gives a F!

Blackmagic94

Reaction score
Asking for a friend, why would anyone ever use a real gun on the set of a Movie or TV show? It seems like the most obvious check and balance. No real guns thus no live ammo...

Cost. Why make a realistic looking mini gun when you can just rent one from movie gun rentals.com who has a massive arsenal.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
He'll get a raise from SNL and lauded by the left for showing how a gun kills people, not the person handling it.
I think Baldwin is done. There will be no shortage of people that were present on that set ready to be interviewed by every investigative agency on the planet,insurance investigation etc.

941Punk

some beach, somewhere.
Reaction score
received_893779927948973.jpeg

Travmon

Reaction score
SINCE we are all throwing theory's out there as to how it may have happened , and I'm sure the details will come out clearer in the days to come..As an investigator on the case I would not rule out sabatoge from a union worker on their way out the door .I am not saying that is the case but Until a clear understanding of what was in the gun is proven it would be one of many roads to investigate..I have been in a few unions in my early life and went on a couple strikes and the sabatoge that went on as certain individuals walked out was incredible..Boeing strike in the 90's I witnessed stuff that amazed me and saddend me , airplanes in process had to be triple checked after strike and it wasnt that they would ever fuck with the air worthiness of a plane but everything else was fair game ..CNC' machines programmed to crash , chemical tank lines taken so far out of spec they would have to dispose at biggg $..like every group out there is always a few bad actors ( apples) Like I said a path to investigat if the details are not clear cut !

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
RR, leave the politics out of it. It is you who continues to bring it up. Well, mostly you. Take a look at one of your early remarks. "He did not point a gun and pull trigger randomly at someone". Yes, he was the person who pointed the gun. If not him, then who? "He did not point a gun and pull trigger randomly at someone". If the trigger was not pulled randomly, then you're saying it was pulled intentionally? Of course, that's likely not what you meant. Lack of proper gun safety and handling appears to be the only causes here. There is also likely more than one person who failed here. And I don't give a rat's ass about their politics or your's either. Proper Gun Handling and Safety does not have an R or D in front of it. When practiced it is simple and safe. And it works. It wasn't practiced here. Period.
Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
So it would have never happened if the Prop Master was union, Got It!!!!!!!!!;)
I probably should of elaborated more about union workers walking off the set
But yes in this case I would bet if they hadn’t walked off this would not of happened with the union crew

500bbc

Reaction score
I think Baldwin is done. There will be no shortage of people that were present on that set ready to be interviewed by every investigative agency on the planet,insurance investigation etc.
He's a libturd icon, untouchable...

LC925

Reaction score
Some are mentioning a “prop” gun as if it is different than a “real” gun. I recall seeing a documentary from companies who rent out the firearms, fully functional, but have a crazy chain of custody the entire time they are being rented. Apparently Hollywood went to real weapons because too many people were able to distinguish from a fake with all this high quality camera gear. Not sure if it is standard procedure or if there is a possibility to cut corners where the chain of custody is concerned.

At the end of the day, like mentioned above, at a gun store, clerk clears the firearm 2’ from me, the FIRST thing I do is clear the firearm! Rule #1

azsunfun

Reaction score
when a employee doing fire arm (stunts) at old tucson, yes real guns with holes drilled and pins inserted thru barrel which you paid to sacrafice the PROP for your job, to prevent projectiles its on the stuntman to make sure the safety!

DLC

Reaction score
So way way back in the day I was 19 framing out a mezzanine and cutting TJI plywood I floor joists and we had a system down 3 joists left to go…

My framing partner was up above the deck and I was on a ladder, I held the dumb end of the tape measure and he called out the number and I cut the number he called each and every time! And even the one time he F’d up!

But….
When asked and a few people asked, “ Who cut the joist” it was my fault !!!

Who pulled the trigger? Is the question people are asking.

Very sad deal ! Someone isn’t going home to be a wife and a mother, and a friend!

Gripside80

Reaction score
Baldwin is a producer on this production. The working conditions were so bad that the Camera Operators and their assistants (and others too) walked off the job before the shooting. They were told that they would be staying close to the location but then the producers moved them to stay in Albuquerque about an hour away. The deceased should have walked with her crew that she was in charge of because of the working conditions but instead they hired scabs to come in. Who knows who this low budget POS hired to handle the firearms. But, they fucked up, and Baldwin fucked up too. If I'm handed a firearm and I'm told to aim at the camera I would inspect the firearm for blanks myself and never trust anyone, but that's just me. This story is gonna get big real quick.
Not to mention maybe use a remote head with the operator on a set of wheels or at the very least a nice thick piece of plexi glass to get whatever shot they were trying to accomplish..... there were many ways to avoid this accident in the event that a projectile did come out like it did.

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
SANTA FE, N.M. — As a film crew and actors in Western garb prepared to rehearse a scene inside a wooden, chapel-like building on a desert movie ranch outside Santa Fe, assistant director Dave Halls stepped outside and grabbed a prop gun off a cart.

He walked back in and handed it to the film's star, Alec Baldwin, assuring him it was safe to use because it didn't have live ammo, according to police.

"Cold gun," Halls yelled, according to court records made public Friday.

It wasn't. Instead, when Baldwin pulled the trigger Thursday, he killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounded director Joel Souza, who was standing behind her.

The tragedy came nearly three decades after Brandon Lee, the son of martial arts legend Bruce Lee, died in a similar case, and it prompted horrified questions about how it could have happened again. The executive producer of ABC's police drama "The Rookie" announced Friday the show would no longer use "live" weapons because the "safety of our cast and crew is too important."

Details of the shooting at the ranch on Bonanza Creek Road were included in a search warrant application filed by the Santa Fe County Sheriff's Office. Investigators were seeking to examine Baldwin's blood-stained costume for the film "Rust," as well as the weapon that was fired, other prop guns and ammunition, and any footage that might exist.

The gun was one of three that the film's armorer, Hannah Gutierrez, had set on a cart outside the building where a scene was being acted, according to the records. Halls grabbed the gun from the cart and brought it inside to Baldwin, unaware that it was loaded with live rounds, a detective wrote in the search warrant application.

It was unclear how many rounds were fired. Gutierrez removed a shell casing from the gun after the shooting, and she turned the weapon over to police when they arrived, the court records say.

WYRD

Reaction score
I probably should of elaborated more about union workers walking off the set
But yes in this case I would bet if they hadn’t walked off this would not of happened with the union crew
Perhaps one of the union members sabotaged the set and planted the live round in an attempt to prove unions work safer🤔

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Perhaps one of the union members sabotaged the set and planted the live round in an attempt to prove unions work safer🤔
While i would doubt that very much. Anything is possible i guess. Do we have us a good old fashion Murder She Wrote?
I still don't understand why a live round would be on set anyway, but with people walking off set and just trying to keep working (you know the show must go on)
I would think there was some miscommunication which led this tragic event.

Reaction score
For the group here....
If this was a Kid Rock movie and he shot and killed someone with a prop gun handed to him would you still have the same opinion of the shooter?

Ha Ha, if you have to ask that Question you really must be New here...

if kid rock were to assassinate alec baldwin he would be hailed as a true american patriot here...

Last edited:

LazyLavey

Reaction score
Baldwin is a seriously out spoken critic of the NRA and gun owners in general..

Ironically, if the firearms safety rule that the NRA encourages for all citizens would have been implemented for anybody handling firearms while on set, Maybe this tragedy could have been avoided.....

Fuck'n morons Cant see past the nose on their faces

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Some are mentioning a “prop” gun as if it is different than a “real” gun. I recall seeing a documentary from companies who rent out the firearms, fully functional, but have a crazy chain of custody the entire time they are being rented. Apparently Hollywood went to real weapons because too many people were able to distinguish from a fake with all this high quality camera gear. Not sure if it is standard procedure or if there is a possibility to cut corners where the chain of custody is concerned.

At the end of the day, like mentioned above, at a gun store, clerk clears the firearm 2’ from me, the FIRST thing I do is clear the firearm! Rule #1
Damn right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Clear the F'n gun!!

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
One valuable lesson I have learned working in Television is to avoid shit productions like this one. I can smell trouble a mile away. When they are low on the rate, and bad with communication you're just asking for trouble down the line. Because when they don't have an adequate budget things won't go well especially when it comes time to getting paid. The worst production company I have experienced is BET, we say it stands for "Better Expect Trouble", they are very unorganized,unprofessional and you have to threaten them with the labor board just to get paid, the "Rust" crew wasn't getting paid on time either. I'm done with low budget shit productions like this. I love turning down projects like this one Baldwin is producing. But there are a lot of young and hungry "Cinematographers" that will do whatever it takes to make money or get the experience. And you wonder why IATSE wants to battle the Networks and Producers like Baldwin.

If Hollywood is so hell bent against the 2nd Amendment why do they continue to make movies featuring guns and glamorizing guns?

riverroyal

Reaction score
Im not arguing with anyone..its too easy to type incorrectly or make it sound wrong. I agree with most everything on here.
My original point was it has become very easy to hang someone for their political views or vocal beliefs. Which in this instance has happened big time. Baldwins out spoken life has made it easy to instantly get the rope on him prior to even knowing a full story. Yes he pulled the trigger. Yes everyone goes instantly after him for his prior actions.
If he was pro gun and pro trump these conversations wouldnt be happening. Period. On RDP anyways.

Right now in this country your either on one team or the other. Theres no crossing lines even in a tragic event.
Thats the human element that is lost for all of us. There is another team, they are not bad people for believing differently. (Some are on both teams)

Baldwin made his bed on this, he is toast.
My apologies for any confusion, yes he is a assclown and he held the gun.

The speed thread is more fun than this one

MonkeyButt70

Reaction score
This incident will actually empower Bald-Dick, trust me the Washington/Hollywood machine will turn this around in their favor for gun control.... We live in bizarro world. Prepare for the spokesholes and their anti-gun agenda and the emails from gun rights groups asking for money to fight. I swear these 2 groups coordinate together for fund raising.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Im not arguing with anyone..its too easy to type incorrectly or make it sound wrong. I agree with most everything on here.
My original point was it has become very easy to hang someone for their political views or vocal beliefs. Which in this instance has happened big time. Baldwins out spoken life has made it easy to instantly get the rope on him prior to even knowing a full story. Yes he pulled the trigger. Yes everyone goes instantly after him for his prior actions.
If he was pro gun and pro trump these conversations wouldnt be happening. Period. On RDP anyways.

Right now in this country your either on one team or the other. Theres no crossing lines even in a tragic event.
Thats the human element that is lost for all of us. There is another team, they are not bad people for believing differently. (Some are on both teams)

Baldwin made his bed on this, he is toast.
My apologies for any confusion, yes he is a assclown and he held the gun.

The speed thread is more fun than this one

My guess is there will be a settlement, that will be it.

Activated

Deplorable
Reaction score
Ha Ha, if you have to ask that Question you really must be New here...

if kid rock were to assassinate alec baldwin he would be hailed as a true american patriot here...

If Kid Rock pulled the trigger, you don’t think this meme would be all over this thread? I know it would. Lol
2E0FE46C-E364-4190-B16D-85BB6E162A0A.jpeg

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
I' m struggling to understand this....and in terms of passing "Grandpas rules" there are so many fuckups going on at one time it's hard to count them all.

(didnt see what the piece was but...) The gun was set out, or handed over in condition 1 or 2 (chamber loaded ready to fire hammer or striker ready)
He failed to clear the weapon he was either handed or picked up.
He pointed it or let it point at someone. (ironically he pointed it at the one of the only gals who didn't walk out on him)
He discharged the weapon negligently.

If one of us did it, it would be negligence, but Im going to guess this one gets ruled accidental and the blame goes to someone else...

Sad and tragic at the same time.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I' m struggling to understand this....and in terms of passing "Grandpas rules" there are so many fuckups going on at one time it's hard to count them all.

(didnt see what the piece was but...) The gun was set out, or handed over in condition 1 or 2 (chamber loaded ready to fire hammer or striker ready)
He failed to clear the weapon he was either handed or picked up.
He pointed it or let it point at someone. (ironically he pointed it at the one of the only gals who didn't walk out on him)
He discharged the weapon negligently.

If one of us did it, it would be negligence, but Im going to guess this one gets ruled accidental and the blame goes to someone else...

Sad and tragic at the same time.

Yep. X1000

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
I gotz a solution…….Hollyweird should just use a stick or their finger and go pew pew pew. The movie goers shouldn’t be subjected to such a fearful thing like a gun after all right?

Last edited:

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Did you see the or hear that the armory lady is new. 2nd set. Her dad is a well know armory movie guy.
She just did a podcast a few weeks ago....its going to get interesting.
Have also read it was an Assistant Director who handed him the gun.
Lots of hearsay stuff.
I'm hoping to get an update from our local or the IATSE page with solid info.