WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Alec Baldwin

SoCalDave

Reaction score
What a fukin nut case he is...hope that POS pays out the ass and goes away...

white tortilla

Reaction score
It seems like it was clear that he engaged the primer on the bullet that killed her.

The main talking point is he didn’t “pull the trigger”, but instead describes pulling the hammer 1/2-3/4 of the way back and letting go. So for people who understand how an old revolver works, he let hammer go and it fired, but his talking point of not pulling trigger to me isn’t relevant.

However I do see some other people need to be held liable in addition, if in fact he was told cold gun, and there was live ammo on set.

bonesfab

Reaction score

Meaney77

Reaction score

Hydroman55

Reaction score
The fix is in…. money and a liberal with powerful connections.
Lowest possible charge in this case and a plea deal to misdemeanor will most likely be reached.
OH ….I forgot he didn’t “pull the trigger”.

Last edited:

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

Taboma

Reaction score
Nice to see the correct person is being charged.
Ii thought I read the armorer was facing the same charge ?

I don't care shit about Baldwin, didn't like him before or now.
But I do see him being charged for manslaughter as having the potential for establishing a bad precedent setting event for the movie industry. Actors may refuse to use any weapon in a scene using this as justification and claiming they lack the professional proficiency to guarantee the weapon safe and not be willing to trust another opinion when ultimately they can be held responsible.

BabyRay

Reaction score

But I do see him being charged for manslaughter as having the potential for establishing a bad precedent setting event for the movie industry. Actors may refuse to use any weapon in a scene using this as justification and claiming they lack the professional proficiency to guarantee the weapon safe and not be willing to trust another opinion when ultimately they can be held responsible.
I think pointing a gun at someone, even if it’s loaded with blanks, is stupid. I’m comfortable with guns, and I’d still refuse. Heck, I won’t even point a gun at someone after verifying it’s empty. Besides, with today’s special effects, do they really need a weapon?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I think pointing a gun at someone, even if it’s loaded with blanks, is stupid. I’m comfortable with guns, and I’d still refuse. Heck, I won’t even point a gun at someone after verifying it’s empty. Besides, with today’s special effects, do they really need a weapon?
Do they need a real weapon is more like it? Sure seems fake plastic ones are barely distinguishable by most these days.

Taboma

Reaction score
I agree, yet it's not an uncommon practice in military training (Well 50 years ago anyway). In fact I got shot in the face by a "Dead Guy" firing an M16 with blanks during a night training exercise. By 'Dead Guy' I mean in war game speak, he'd been killed and was just being an asshole. I gave him a taste test of the butt of my M16 before disappearing into the night. 😈

I'd think they'd have prop guns rendered incapable of firing any rounds, including blanks.

SoCalDave

Reaction score

That is correct, they are both being charged plus there is a bonus thrown in for mandatory prison time if convicted!

"Baldwin and Gutierrez Reed are expected to face two charges each by the end of the month—involuntary manslaughter, and involuntary manslaughter in the commission of a lawful act. The latter charge has an added mandatory penalty of five years in prison because it was carried out with a firearm."

Santa Fe County district attorney Mary Carmack-Altwies announced that Alec Baldwin and armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed are being charged with two counts of involuntary manslaughter in the shooting death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins on the set of the movie Rust on October 21, 2021.

Assistant director David Halls, who told Baldwin the gun was not loaded, agreed to plead guilty to negligent use of a deadly weapon.

Baldwin was rehearsing a scene that involved drawing a revolver from his jacket. During the rehearsal, the gun fired, striking Hutchins in the chest and hitting director Joel Souza in the shoulder.

"After a thorough review of the evidence and the laws of the state of New Mexico, I have determined that there is sufficient evidence to file criminal charges against Alec Baldwin and other members of the 'Rust' film crew," Carmack-Altwies said in a statement.

"On my watch, no one is above the law, and everyone deserves justice."

Carmack-Altwies said that special prosecutor Andrea Reeb has been appointed to handle the case.

"If any one of these three people—Alec Baldwin, Hannah Gutierrez Reed, or David Halls—had done their job, Halyna Hutchins would be alive today. It's that simple," Reeb said in a statement. "The evidence clearly shows a pattern of criminal disregard for safety on the 'Rust' film set. In New Mexico, there is no room for film sets that don't take our state's commitment to gun safety and public safety seriously."

Alec Baldwin’s attorney Luke Nikas called the decision to press charges a "terrible miscarriage of justice."

“This decision distorts Halyna Hutchins’ tragic death and represents a terrible miscarriage of justice. Mr. Baldwin had no reason to believe there was a live bullet in the gun – or anywhere on the movie set. He relied on the professionals with whom he worked, who assured him the gun did not have live rounds. We will fight these charges, and we will win,” Nikas said.

LakeMeadLavey

Reaction score
As others have said anyone with half a brain knows you NEVER point a gun at someone even if confirmed not loaded. Baldwin is a dumbass lefty who refuses to accept accountability for his stupidity and poor decision. What about the family of the victim. None of them give a shit. New Mexico and especially Santa Fe, is very liberal so you watch this will be handled in his favor.

playdeep

Reaction score
As others have said anyone with half a brain knows you NEVER point a gun at someone even if confirmed not loaded. Baldwin is a dumbass lefty who refuses to accept accountability for his stupidity and poor decision. What about the family of the victim. None of them give a shit. New Mexico and especially Santa Fe, is very liberal so you watch this will be handled in his favor.
Spot on point...
New Mexico is one of the most liberal states in the union and Santa fe beyond liberal.
Unfortunately it's been overrun by California libs. who all seem to think Balwin is getting railroaded.
The press release is nothing but grandstanding to placate national media.
Guarantee nothing will happen it's a dog and pony show...nothing more.

Meaney77

Reaction score
Some of the comments on social media in favor of Baldwin are mind boggling.....

4Waters

Reaction score

I believe (since before this happened) that the director, producer, prop master and any actor or extra that would have a gun in their hand be required to take a firearms safety course before the start of filming, good for 1 year.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score

I don't have a problem with that Keanu didn't have a problem being correctly trained and it has made for much better action films with him. More actors should follow suit.

4Waters

Reaction score
I don't have a problem with that Keanu didn't have a problem being correctly trained and it has made for much better action films with him. More actors should follow suit.
Nicolas Cage and Tom Cruise have both done the same

Taboma

Reaction score
Nicolas Cage and Tom Cruise have both done the same
So does this mean they're approved to shoot scenes with a weapon that's more than likely pointed at somebody on the set, be it actor or crew ?
I struggle to imagine how a gun could be pointed on the set and not have it pointed at somebody, somewhere.

4Waters

Reaction score
So does this mean they're approved to shoot scenes with a weapon that's more than likely pointed at somebody on the set, be it actor or crew ?
I struggle to imagine how a gun could be pointed on the set and not have it pointed at somebody, somewhere.
That's up to the director but they at least know how to clear a weapon and render it safe

Dog

Reaction score
EVERYONE should know and follow gun safety rules. PERIOD! Whether you are a "gun person" or not you should know and follow the safety rules. Gun safety should start at home at a young age and continue into elementary school. If you haven't or don't teach your children gun safety you are part of the problem.

If these rules were followed this wouldn't be an issue.

The 4 universal rules of gun safety are:

1. Treat all guns as if they are always loaded.
  2. Never let the muzzle point at anything that you are not willing to destroy.
  3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target and you have made the decision to shoot.
  4. Be sure of your target and what is behind it.

I get it was a movie set however if you know and follow the rules religiously you have the awareness to make sure this incident doesn't happen.

Last edited:

2Driver

Reaction score
Maybe I missed it, but did authorities ever conclude exactly how live rounds ended up in the gun?

Meaney77

Reaction score
Very unfortunate situation for sure.
I honestly don't give two shits about Alec Baldwin or any of it. I am by no means Anti-gun, But for discussion sake -I have to ask- with all the new technology these days, couldnt they use plastic fake guns and then dub in the sounds to make these scenes realistic?
Wouldn't this satisfy all of the bleeding heart anti gun libs?

Last edited:

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
This may have been previously addressed. If so, didn’t see it. Why was there any real ammo on the set? Never did like Baldwin.

TimeBandit

Reaction score
I can see why you would use real ammo on a budget western. I don't know the legality of it.

Like shooting up the bar using live ammo with no one down range would be easier than setting ballistic explosives to simulate every hit.

That said, the armorer is liable to insure the status of every weapon, it's their job.

500bbc

Reaction score
The end of the coversation here is listening to the principls in the shooting, the libturds that defend AB killing someone out of shear stupidity/ignorance and the rest of the 'Turds blaming the gun.

Libturds should never, ever, for any reason, be allowed to touch a fire arm.

regor

Tormenting libturds
Reaction score
Spot on point...
New Mexico is one of the most liberal states in the union and Santa fe beyond liberal.
Unfortunately it's been overrun by California libs. who all seem to think Balwin is getting railroaded.
The press release is nothing but grandstanding to placate national media.
Guarantee nothing will happen it's a dog and pony show...nothing more.

I believe you, but there is a caveat with mentally challenged people and this situation.

1674250587463.jpg

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
I saw a news piece how some guy made a gun fight scene for a movie where all the guns didn’t fire or make noise and the muzzle flashes and noise were all VFX added in post production.

It’s doable but maybe not always easy to fake it.