WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Alexi is retiring / Boostpower USA

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
For Immediate Release!

After over 32 plus successful years of being in the forefront of the High Performance Marine Powertrain, custom rigging etc services founder/owner Alexi Sahagian made a tough decision to RETIRE from the company he started in High School known as Boostpower USA Inc. and cease all service labor operations in the main facility.

“Alexi”
“ I had and continue to attend to the unexpected immediate take over of my families affairs and needed to reduce the demand on me personally in order to get my arms around it not to mention my personal plans were to slow things down after my horrible injuries I sustained a few years back and operate out of our other local facility dedicated to the specialty parts we distribute.

Alexi will be involved in a small handful of extraordinary custom builds per year along with offerings from Alexiz Motorsports Inc. Parts distribution company.
For more info, email [email protected]

#boostpowermarine #boostpowerusainc #alexizmotorsports #retiring
1A3EBECD-9140-484F-A660-F76F987EA955.jpeg

hallett21

Reaction score
Heard the rumor. Sounds like a new chapter for him and his family 👍🏻

Bummer that they won’t be turning out stuff at the same pace. I assume no one wanted to, or could buy out the business?

sintax

Reaction score
Yea, kind of felt something was in the pipe, he’s been gone for a long while now.

TeamGreene

Reaction score
Boostpower isn’t exactly slinging cold cuts.
Ya well sub guy is worth over a billion, don't know what BP annual sales are. The point of the post was the name and some else owning/buying the biz with the founding owners name still on the shingle.

SoCalZero

Reaction score
Ya well sub guy is worth over a billion, don't know what BP annual sales are. The point of the post was the name and some else owning/buying the biz with the founding owners name still on the shingle.
Yeah I get that. My point was there is a little bit of a difference from slapping together a #14 w/bacon and building works of art, making precision parts and just having the vast knowledge of the industry. I don’t think a “Under new management” sign is gonna cut it.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Yeah I get that. My point was there is a little bit of a difference from slapping together a #14 w/bacon and building works of art, making precision parts and just having the vast knowledge of the industry. I don’t think a “Under new management” sign is gonna cut it.
Why not? they would have to prove the could do it.

IDK but I'm pretty sure Alexi didn't build all the motors himself...

RaceTec

Reaction score
We were sad to hear the news and wish Alexi and his family nothing but the best! He deserves some actual rest, I have never known anyone to work the kind of hours that he put in, absolutely amazing! Hopefully we still hear from him here and there, it would be great if he still contributed to the industry and this forum!

farmo83

Reaction score
He re did my boat last year and were fine tuning my ecm this month, was wondering when this would hit the boards. He's an awesome guy to deal with. Hopefully his semi retirement goes well.

instagator

Reaction score
Same problem everyone else is having. Can't find people that can or will work. I talked to him a month or so ago. Knew it was coming but not sure when.
He was a hands on guy, he showed me around the shop , told me he uses the same few guys he trusts.

Yoshiro

Reaction score
He's really been showing all the CNC billet parts etc he has been making lately with his equipment. I'm guessing that's the parts business he's talking about?

Duramax

Reaction score
Back to jimmy johns for a second. Wouldn't be right for his son to take over. Imagine a "warm jimmy johnson" to go.
Everyone needs to watch the interview he did with Tucker Carlson. He is an amazing individual. I met him at Skater when he was building one of his outboard 30's.

farmo83

Reaction score
So who are the big players left in this space?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So who are the big players left in this space?

For the west coast?

Teague is the main one..

I believe the only one carb certified / exempt is Teague

Pfaff is still around
There’s lots of smaller independents like DNE?

Brummett is you got the $$

Reactions: DWC

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
A great time with carb looming over the marine market and ecu tuning. I really liked his live YouTube streams where he talked about various aspects of his business and how he would go about his tuning endeavors.

Congrats on closing that chapter and opening another!

racektm

Reaction score
For the west coast?

Teague is the main one..

I believe the only one carb certified / exempt is Teague

Pfaff is still around
There’s lots of smaller independents like DNE?

Brummett is you got the $$
Lets not forget GT Performance, Gary Teague has probably built and rigged more ski race boats than the others combined.

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
Sucks that Boostpower is closing down, but it kinda sounds like they are gonna still sell parts and he will build some customs on the side?
Yes, we are full speed making billet parts and continue on the Parts distribution from our other facility.

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
It’s a good time to pivot and get out of the performance industry. You had a great run Alexi. Happy for you man.
A great time with carb looming over the marine market and ecu tuning. I really liked his live YouTube streams where he talked about various aspects of his business and how he would go about his tuning endeavors.

Congrats on closing that chapter and opening another!
We were sad to hear the news and wish Alexi and his family nothing but the best! He deserves some actual rest, I have never known anyone to work the kind of hours that he put in, absolutely amazing! Hopefully we still hear from him here and there, it would be great if he still contributed to the industry and this forum!
Thanks Bud. Like my wife says, me retired is still busier then most full scale shops! lol

BoostPower

Staff member
Reaction score
Same problem everyone else is having. Can't find people that can or will work. I talked to him a month or so ago. Knew it was coming but not sure when.
Help in every industry is ruff, especially rigging, removal installation however I need to be away approx till the end of the Year dealing with Estate matters. That would put alot of jobs at a stand still! We were 14 months out and busier then ever...sadly, just cant be here for now at any level of what I consider good service. In out of town country etc. Crazy