WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

All good things come to an end!

nameisbond

Reaction score
This year is the last session of Big Bang Theory...…. I like the show a lot but do think ending while its still highly rated is the right move!

story here: https://www.abbynews.com/entertainment/cbs-the-big-bang-theory-to-end-in-2019-after-12-seasons/

I read elsewhere the decision was made because Jim Parsons didn't want to renew his contract after this year. He apparently turned down $50 million to do two more sessions as Sheldon. He must really hate the cast or playing Sheldon!

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
is a good show and going to miss watching it. I do think it has run it's course.

nameisbond

Reaction score
I'll miss it, only because not many new shows worth watching now. I'm glad Last Man Standing is coming back on Fox. Gives me at least one good new sitcom to watch...……….. I'm a little bored with BBT reruns, so going to miss new episodes.

Lunatic Fringe

Reaction score
I had to quit watching the show.
It was entertaining but I just couldn't take that M.F. ing laugh track any longer.
Once I dialed in on it, I just couldn't ignore it
Let the humor stand on it's own. I do NOT need to be told when to laugh.

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
5 minutes of that show would make me want to gouge my eyes out, that laugh track drives me insane.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
My daily life won't be affected one iota by the loss of a network sitcom.
She'll be fine doing Priceline ads.......same chick ain't it?

wallnutz

Reaction score
CBB71C95-6C30-43D3-B7C5-14D765070C52.jpeg
1B810925-9868-4DB1-9809-F360AEA428C6.jpeg
Kaley has nice tits.

Last edited:

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
And que all the "what show?" Or "I could care less" posts...

LOL...

I'll keep watching it on TBS.

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Always liked the show. Just didn't find time to watch it last couple years.....

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Damn, love that show.
I don’t even hear the laugh track.

Oh well, “young Sheldon” is still going on I hope?

HocusPocus

Stihl Outdoor Power Equip
Reaction score
The wife and I like the show and even went to a taping once which was fun to do.

Go-Fly

Where Are My Shoes?
Reaction score
Play their cards right and none of them will ever have to work again in their lives. Go out on top and enjoy life.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Can someone please post one funny moment from this show? I haven't watched much but what I did see annoyed more than it entertained. Trying to figure out if I should invest some time in it.

nameisbond

Reaction score
We only recently started watching it, so plenty of new material left for us.

Its on TBS and Fox in reruns. It should run a few years in reruns..... I can't watch them in reruns, seen the episodes too many times and burned out on them.

Reactions: C-2

Spudsbud

Reaction score
Parsons in moving into Producing.
Seen his name on a few small buget TV movies.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
With Young Sheldon,
Can Little Leonard be far behind !
His Mom's character alone would be worth a show.!

Singleton

Reaction score
Funny part.
They all think they can make more money doing movies, etc after the show stops.
Remember Friends, I think only 1 (Jennifer A), was able to make more after with movies, the others all have hits and misses and are not earning the same $$ as when the show was being produced. IMO, you pocket the money until the show runs its course. Why stop before, when you are making bank, and not working a full 12 months.

nameisbond

Reaction score
Funny part.
They all think they can make more money doing movies, etc after the show stops.
Remember Friends, I think only 1 (Jennifer A), was able to make more after with movies, the others all have hits and misses and are not earning the same $$ as when the show was being produced. IMO, you pocket the money until the show runs its course. Why stop before, when you are making bank, and not working a full 12 months.

Matt LeBlanc has an ok show on CBS. Man With A Plan. Plus he is on British Top Gear. True non have had much success outside of Friends. If they are not crazy Lotto winner spenders, the bank they make on the hit should last for life.

Penny and Sheldon are smart to do commercials while they are successful. Earn some extra bank.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Matt LeBlanc has an ok show on CBS. Man With A Plan. Plus he is on British Top Gear. True non have had much success outside of Friends. If they are not crazy Lotto winner spenders, the bank they make on the hit should last for life.

Penny and Sheldon are smart to do commercials while they are successful. Earn some extra bank.
Cougar town with whatshername(courtney cox)was pretty funny but I think the writers hit a wall after 2-3 seasons.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Lol

I think they will all be fine!
In 2015, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar (Howard and Raj) tied for 3rd place in Forbes highest paid TV actors list (along with Mark Harmon and Ashton Kutcher) at $25 million apiece for that year alone. Nayyar has a career as a voice over for animated films...you’ve heard him in Ice Age.
Nayyar is als married to a former Miss world or some shit like that.
Johnny Galecki was an A list tv star before Big Bang...as was Sara Gilbert.
Galecki has been pulling a mill an episode since 2014, and has been in at least 20 movies or more. He is in the top 2 highest earning people on TV.
Melissa Rauch (Bernadette) has been in a handful of movies, and actually Co-wrote and produced her movie “The Bronze” in which she starred.
It’s a raunchy piece of film and if you’ve never seen it I highly recommend it just for the shock factor of seeing her go off like a lunatic swearing and shit.

Kaley is just too hot not to find work!

Almost every one of them have careers, and they are all much older than the characters they portray.
Hell, Parsons is 45 yo.
He actually had the least experience of them all.

As of this year, the cast occupies the top 5 spots o the highest paid tv actors in the world.

These aren’t kids looking to advance their careers by moving on, these are actors approaching middle age and looking to retire!
And I’d say they’re in pretty good financial shape to do that.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score

I work on Man with a Plan with Matt. He's seems to be good with his money. My buddy and I were talking about him and his role on Friends, I think he's the biggest surprise of all of the Friends cast members. He had a good show on HBO and now has a pretty good Sitcom plus Top Gear. For him to break out of Joey "How you doin?" is pretty respectable and he's a great actor. He's just a working actor that really enjoys the craft. I think I heard that he's thinking about slowing down in the near future.

wallnutz

Reaction score
Lol

In 2015, Simon Helberg and Kunal Nayyar (Howard and Raj) tied for 3rd place in Forbes highest paid TV actors list (along with Mark Harmon and Ashton Kutcher) at $25 million apiece for that year alone. Nayyar has a career as a voice over for animated films...you’ve heard him in Ice Age.
Galecki has been pulling a mill an episode since 2014, and has been in at least 20 movies or more. He is in the top 2 highest earning people on TV.
Melissa Rauch (Bernadette) has been in a handful of movies, and actually Co-wrote and produced her movie “The Bronze” in which she starred.
It’s a raunchy piece of film and if you’ve never seen it I highly recommend it just for the shock factor of seeing her go off like a lunatic swearing and shit.

Almost every one of them have careers, and they are all much older than the characters they portray.
Hell, Parsons is 45 yo.

As of this year, the cast occupies the top 5 spots o the highest paid tv actors in the world.

These aren’t kids looking to advance their careers by moving on, these are actors approaching middle age and looking to retire!
Exactly.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
I work on Man with a Plan with Matt. He's seems to be good with his money. My buddy and I were talking about him and his role on Friends, I think he's the biggest surprise of all of the Friends cast members. He had a good show on HBO and now has a pretty good Sitcom plus Top Gear. For him to break out of Joey "How you doin?" is pretty respectable and he's a great actor. He's just a working actor that really enjoys the craft. I think I heard that he's thinking about slowing down in the near future.

I really like man with a plan.
I think it’s one of the better shows in the last couple years...certainly better than the Kevin James offering.
Lablanc is funny, and plays well off of Nealon. His comic delivery has always been good.

nameisbond

Reaction score
Lol

Hell, Parsons is 45 yo.

Its true they make major bank. But they do have to pay lawyers, agents and taxes. So how much of that cash is really theirs. Still with the right planning they can live the rest of their lives on that bank.

That's cool, you working on the show. Its true he is a good actor. I watched his HBO show. I sometimes watch Man With A Plan, not much else on a Monday night.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
TV shows used to do up to 44 episodes a year.
Even at inflated dollars they didn't earn this kinda bank.
50 Million bucks and 1/20'th the time in front of the camera that's some serious bank to walk away from.
McClean Stevenson, Susan Dey, Pernell Roberts, George MaHarris and lots others careers pretty much jumped the shark when they did that.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
74E767B1-60E6-4B06-9338-B247906FFA14.jpeg
TV shows used to do up to 44 episodes a year.
Even at inflated dollars they didn't earn this kinda bank.
50 Million bucks and 1/20'th the time in front of the camera that's some serious bank to walk away from.
McClean Stevenson, Susan Dey, Pernell Roberts, George MaHarris and lots others careers pretty much jumped the shark when they did that.

Reactions: TPC

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Did you know that Amy (Mayim Bialik) is a real life PHD neurobiologist? I read that she often proof reads the the scripts for for scientific accuracy.
She also was a successful tv star before Big Bang.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I really like man with a plan.
I think it’s one of the better shows in the last couple years...certainly better than the Kevin James offering.
Lablanc is funny, and plays well off of Nealon. His comic delivery has always been good.

Anytime you want to come see the show let me know. Yeah, Nealon's a great guy..

nameisbond

Reaction score
Did you know that Amy (Mayim Bialik) is a real life PHD neurobiologist? I read that she often proof reads the the scripts for for scientific accuracy.

Yes, its true she has a PHD.

She stated on Twitter, she is not happy with the show coming to an end.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score

There is somewhat of a meta referance to this in the show. In the first season Raj suggests they get the girl that played Blossum to be on their team, since he read in a magazine that she had her PhD....

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
There is somewhat of a meta referance to this in the show. In the first season Raj suggests they get the girl that played Blossum to be on their team, since he read in a magazine that she had her PhD....

Yep I remember that episode.