WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

All Tooned Up! - THX Horizon Motorsports!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Bought a Southbay Pontoon boat from Preston yesterday. He is a super easy guy to work with and even offered me a money back guarantee if I wasn't satisfied with the boat! (That's pretty unheard of in this industry). I can't say thank you enough to Preston and the staff over at Horizon, great guys to deal with.

IMG_1787.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

IMG_1793.jpg

Now we will start the "RDP Toon build". To make it a little more my style with the help of Wired For Sound, Safeglow Whips, and Livorsi marine. ;)

Tahiti247xs

Reaction score
Judging from the pictures he is embarrassed about the size of his whacker. What motor does it have?

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
Trailer needs a couple more axles.

Congrats!:thumbsup

buck35

Reaction score
Judging from the pictures he is embarrassed about the size of his whacker. What motor does it have?

Better be a big en if he gonna haul around the rdp beer fridge, lol:D
congrats on the new boat!:cool

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

5.7 Volvo duo prop I/O. Runs 44 mph loaded.. Haven't tried it empty yet but I would think it would be close to 50.

Lavey29

Floatin Dirty
Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to middle age with young kids club. Toons are the perfect solution for family fun on the water. Looks real nice with plenty of bimini coverage. Interesting how they applied the AZ numbers to the outside of the toon itself but that was really about the only place it would look right and be in compliance. Are the toons themselves painted also? They look way cleaner then mine.

gmnhra

Reaction score
our previous premier had the Volvo duoprop setup...
great setup...zero issues...zero....turn key literally for 650 hrs....

went with the "trend" on the new bennington and did the verado but would have done the I/O if there was one on the lot...

welcome to the dark side....

guest hs

Reaction score
Are you getting rid of or did you get rid of the Schiada?

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
Bought a Southbay Pontoon boat from Preston yesterday. He is a super easy guy to work with and even offered me a money back guarantee if I wasn't satisfied with the boat! (That's pretty unheard of in this industry). I can't say thank you enough to Preston and the staff over at Horizon, great guys to deal with.

View attachment 574051

View attachment 574052

View attachment 574053

Now we will start the "RDP Toon build". To make it a little more my style with the help of Wired For Sound, Safeglow Whips, and Livorsi marine. ;)

Congratulations on the toon I look forward to hearing how you like it.

With that said I have a couple observations on the pics. First off what is that truck rated to pull because the ass end is sagging quite a bit. Aren't pontoons light?

And second, I think it's time to get some new pants, you've seen to have outgrown the ones you're wearing. Pretty bad high waters.

RodnJen

Reaction score
Congrats, we'll look for you on the water the next few days.:thumbsup

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Congrats on the new family truckster! Lots of great memories are about to be made on that boat! Enjoy!

charlyox

Reaction score
Congrats on the new ride R.D. :thumbsup
Great for the family.

underpressure

Reaction score
Congrats on the new toon, give yourself a shirt...:D

Now, where's the "Toon Town" section?

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
Impellers are a breeze, and don't let it sit not running for more than 60 days, or the fuel pumps will act up . (Lucas fuel additive)

How about that "nano coating', for the whole boat ? Tubes, drive, seats, carpets, everything ..............

It's a lot of surface area to clean after use .

Had a toon (s) in the marina since 1986, and gave my slip to Paul Bruce when I finally had enough .

Clean, clean, clean, scrub, scrub, scrub .

Party on !

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Congratulations on the toon I look forward to hearing how you like it.

With that said I have a couple observations on the pics. First off what is that truck rated to pull because the ass end is sagging quite a bit. Aren't pontoons light?

And second, I think it's time to get some new pants, you've seen to have outgrown the ones you're wearing. Pretty bad high waters.

Please go unstuck your F350 from it's parking space.

Let the man get the proper hitch for is new boat trailer. That truck will pull that toon anywhere it ever has to go. He just needs a hitch with a different offset and it will also lower the weight on the tongue.

JD D05

Reaction score
Congrats Dave enjoy it. Excited to see the upgrades

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
Impellers are a breeze, and don't let it sit not running for more than 60 days, or the fuel pumps will act up . (Lucas fuel additive)

How about that "nano coating', for the whole boat ? Tubes, drive, seats, carpets, everything ..............

It's a lot of surface area to clean after use .

Had a toon (s) in the marina since 1986, and gave my slip to Paul Bruce when I finally had enough .

Clean, clean, clean, scrub, scrub, scrub .

Party on !

Yea the service on the Volvo penta stuff is EASY. Cheap, easy impeller to change, built in ports to run it on the hose, no mess cartridge oil filters. Only thing I didn't like with my SX drive was checking the drive oil level via the screw in dipstick on the top of the drive.

Jimmy

Reaction score
Did it come with a Margarita machine?

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Lol, Johnson has completed the transformation to old guy status. First the truck now a toon. [emoji1] [emoji41]
Looks nice RD, I like it.[emoji106] Does it have a bbq on it yet?

hallett21

Reaction score
with all the havasu/parker events I'm sure RDP can justify this :thumbsup Congrats

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Lol, Johnson has completed the transformation to old guy status. First the truck now a toon. [emoji1] [emoji41]
Looks nice RD, I like it.[emoji106] Does it have a bbq on it yet?

That will literally be one of the first upgrades.. lol. Kinda planning and plotting how I'm gonna do it!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
That's quiet the nice tax write off there Se?ior Johnson.

sirbob

Reaction score
Look at that proud new owner!

Congratulations Dave! Have fun...

Raffit78

Reaction score
Congrats, now can we get a video walk through? Interior pictures something? ;)

Raffit78

Reaction score
Congrats, now can we get a video walk through? Interior pictures something? ;)

hallett21

Reaction score
So will the schiada be losing the back seat and getting an LS this winter? [emoji6][emoji1303]

rrrr

Reaction score

That's a really nice boat. Dunno how often you have driven a Duo Prop, but they are really nice around the docks. There's no torque steer because of the twin props, and I have found them to be easier to maneuver in tight spots.

Congratulations on a good looking ride.

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Nice find Johnson. Looks really clean. Keep me posted on the BBQ set up. I'll need something soon.