WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

All you need is a 1/2 ton

attitude

Reaction score
This guy must have got his towing advice from the RDP half ton fan boys lol

http://instagr.am/p/CKxJ4RSj70l/
if the link doesn’t work here is a screenshot.

0EBC845F-2A3C-4929-8478-2010C6CDA810.png

Last edited:

BlowMe

Reaction score
Wow.....thats fuckin ridiculous!!! That boat is huge

Taboma

Reaction score
Like most good boaters, reading the owner's manual and trailer towing supplement is blight against manhood. Otherwise, he might have noticed not only the tow rating, but that pesky little detail mentioning how those ratings are based on the use of a Weight Distributing Hitch . :rolleyes:
What's really funny, is the expression of utter confusion on the face of the "I've been to sales class" sales consultant, when you read that on the receiver and then inquire " What's a weight distributing hitch ?" and he blurts back, " OH that's the part with the ball that slides into this here receiver" :oops: " You don't need to be concerned with that, they all say that" 😂

NicPaus

Reaction score
As long as the trailer brakes are working. Reminds me of when I let my insurance agent borrow my dump trailer. He put 7 tons in it and towed it with his Tahoe. He had no brake controller in it so no brakes. Lifted the back of the Tahoe off the ground when he dumped it Lol.

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
As long as the trailer brakes are working. Reminds me of when I let my insurance agent borrow my dump trailer. He put 7 tons in it and towed it with his Tahoe. He had no brake controller in it so no brakes. Lifted the back of the Tahoe off the ground when he dumped it Lol.

I hope he had good insurance

spectras only

Reaction score
For the ignorant bashing the F-150 tow capability incessantly here, all you have to do is read the label on the factory HD hitch on your truck. ;)
My 2014 F-150 502a trailer package has the factory HD Class IV bumper pull hitch, rated for up to 1200 lbs TW and 11,3000 lbs max tow capacity. Hooking up my 289 Denali TT with 960 lbs TW, it levels the truck perfectly without hooking up the WD bar setup just to show its load capacity.
However, I do use the WD setup and add the sway bar as well when towing, I also added air bags pumped to about 20 PSI for even more stability. My boat trailer TW is about 650lbs with its long frame and it doesn't need WD at all. And yeah, the old F250 turbo diesel truck was a slug pulling same boat up the hills , so Bob's your uncle [ so there is that, in US English] 😂
This Ford beating an old horse is yer bum out the window.:p:p

attitude

Reaction score
For the ignorant bashing the F-150 tow capability incessantly here, all you have to do is read the label on the factory HD hitch on your truck. ;)
My 2014 F-150 502a trailer package has the factory HD Class IV bumper pull hitch, rated for up to 1200 lbs TW and 11,3000 lbs max tow capacity. Hooking up my 289 Denali TT with 960 lbs TW, it levels the truck perfectly without hooking up the WD bar setup just to show its load capacity.
However, I do use the WD setup and add the sway bar as well when towing, I also added air bags pumped to about 20 PSI for even more stability. My boat trailer TW is about 650lbs with its long frame and it doesn't need WD at all. And yeah, the old F250 turbo diesel truck was a slug pulling same boat up the hills , so Bob's your uncle [ so there is that, in US English] 😂
This Ford beating an old horse is yer bum out the window.:p:p
Who was bashing F150s?🤔

Happy Smitty

Reaction score
My f150 will tow it. Just gonna stay on acoma, to industrial to Windsor. Dinner at cha bones or Angelina's okay on the way home. But thats it. No where else. It will tow it just fine.

DLC

Reaction score
That’s because they don’t have a hybrid Ford Ranger yet..... might have to wait until 2035 to move that boat ....