WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Alligators spotted in the channel

sonicss31

Reaction score
IMG_6500.png

HCP3

Reaction score
I’d like to see the local AB distributor give free beer for a year to whoever catches it and brings it alive to them..

We r gonna change this bud light franchise around.. 🤨🤪

Sounds like you are trying to protect the gator with that deal.

😋

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I’d like to see the local AB distributor give free beer for a year to whoever catches it and brings it alive to them..

We r gonna change this bud light franchise around.. 🤨🤪
What the hell is AB going to do with a live gator?
Besides turn it gay?

Would rather see you and Dan go out and man handle the beast, bring it home and put it on a spit.
Epic RDP BBQ party, Cajun style!!

I can see it now.
Dave and Dan in the boat chasing the gator, Dave yelling at it “I’m going to BBQ your ass in molasses! “

I can see the headlines in the Havasu paper..

Gimpy Dave and Drinky Dan save Havasu from Alligator invasion!

Warlock1

Reaction score
Besides turn it gay?

Would rather see you and Dan go out and man handle the beast, bring it home and put it on a spit.

I can see it now.
Dave and Dan in the boat chasing the gator, Dave yelling at it “I’m going to BBQ your ass in molasses! “

If someone doesn't overlay Daves face over Troys face screaming Choot it Dan, Choot it Dan, I will have lost all faith in the members here...lol

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Besides turn it gay?

I can see it now.

Now that's Funny! 😂

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
450 posts and no one has named it yet? You guys are lagging.
Can’t be Fred obviously.
I vote for Byron

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Besides turn it gay?

I can see it now.

Gimpy Dave. Lmao 🤣

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Curious about the previously mentioned ‘on shore evidence’. Tracks in the sand? Assume those of a gator would differ from a beaver?

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
most alligators swim with their legs back against their bodies, not in front of them. Look at the picture of the rear legs. Gators don't swim like that. They use their tails for propulsion. They use a different prop (before anyone else tries to get to it first).

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Guess we'll just have to see if local markets sell out of chicken this weekend!

Yldboyz

Reaction score
Let's talk more about how it got here. What do you all think?

Theory #1 - Someone (legally or illegally, don't know the laws here) got a baby gator and raised it until it was 4' long and then decided this is a pain in the ass and headed out to Havasu for Memorial Day and dropped it in the channel on their way out washing their hands of the problem

Theory #2 - Gators have been hiding in the waters and continue to reproduce and aside from a few potential sightings, we are now seeing are new water friends make their debut

Theory #3 - RD planted this thing in the channel to drive traffic to RDP by slipping an insider photo (kidding of course, RD brings us the real scoop as he can)

Theory #4 - The Karens of Havasu paid someone to drop it in the channel so they can enjoy the channel to themselves without all the big booty hoes clapping their cheeks to that nasty boom boom music

....... Feel free to add your own theory below .......

Global warming. 😁

Taboma

Reaction score
Curious about the previously mentioned ‘on shore evidence’. Tracks in the sand? Assume those of a gator would differ from a beaver?
Depending of course on the nature of the surface, Beavers can leave a noticeable and variable appearing trail from dragging their tails. Gators can and do often leave a trail from dragging their tail --- is this it ? I haven't a clue what anybody's seen.

I have seen and followed numerous beavers at Havasu. Many years ago before the Feds shut down jet ski riding in the wetlands just off the main river north, we used to follow the beaver trails through the reeds, like single tracking a motorcycle.
These narrow and shallow trails or paths have been cleared by beavers and they use them to travel between the various deeper ponds hidden back in the reeds.
When you come up behind a beaver traversing one, he's restrained to the confines of that trail, so I'd just sit back and slowly follow them, once they hit the deep pool they'd whack their tails in a display of seriously being annoyed 🤣 and disappear.
There used to be a couple of beaver huts in the back of two bays on the California side, they eventually fell into despair, I suspect abandoned.
There used to be huge beaver den up at Lake Arrowhead across from the Totem Pole bay, they also lived up under the docks on top of the floats --- then the homes came, nut-to-butt around the shoreline, not sure if there's anymore up there or not. That bay at night was active with Beavers.

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for Frank Hobart to come and tell Dave and all of us all that he took this picture.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230530_132353_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230530_132353_Chrome.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 54

Groper

Reaction score
Daaauuuummmm #489 posts and no mention of how to cook the moofer when it's caught.

I prefer fried Gator; it is somewhat chewy but good and tastes like chicken.

I'd like to smoke that Bacon wrapped little fella on my YODER :D

OIP.jpg

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score

Sause it up!!!

Dan'l

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for Frank Hobart to come and tell Dave and all of us all that he took this picture.

We haven't had a thread cause so much commotion since Hammers tire thread! 😆

btw, It's an adult water dog not a gator!

axolotl-2-760x570.jpg

just_floatin

Reaction score
Internet Gold cliff notes from the ABC 15 Phoenix broadcast today.
“Actually, Likely a beaver”
“I never seen a beaver that looks like that before” 🤣
“A beaver disguising as an alligator”