WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Alligators spotted in the channel

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
With all the new people on RDP only the old school people remember about the tire.. By the way what everybody should be more concerned about is all the rattlesnakes?
They're everywhere here's a picture of one that I took that was trying to climb in my boat on a North end of the channel. It was swimming from Windsor for trying to get across to Crazy Horse.
Fuck that... light the lake on fire.

Backlash

Reaction score
This just occurred to me, but the "original" sighting by the cops and the video probably was from an RC toy. I mean that would fool someone from 20 feet away probably even with a flashlight, as well as make for a nice video. The cops know this is a possible scenario and don't want to look like they got taken by the prank, but at the same time they want to cover their asses.

Who wants to bet a hundo on that with me? Basically that no gator will ever be found ( I don't think anyone will come forward that it was their prank after all this shit storm they caused)

RD was right, cop shoulda handled it then and there somehow.
Hypothetically speaking, if this alligator sighting were legit, and it was indeed a 4' long lizard, what would you suggest the cop do to have "Handled it right then and there?" I'm not trying to be a smartass, but am curious as to what you think he or she "Should" have done.

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Hypothetically speaking, if this alligator sighting were legit, and it was indeed a 4' long lizard, what would you suggest the cop do to have "Handled it right then and there?" I'm not trying to be a smartass, but am curious as to what you think he or she "Should" have done.
27f5fe04761ef910d398d951fbc8be77d46845eb64db9d95e0f4296403eef40f.jpg

retaocleg

Reaction score
pew, pew, pew.....

traquer

Reaction score
I don't think popping off hollow points in the channel would be ideal obviously, unless it attacked someone.

I woulda followed that fucker and radioed the PD to bring the boat and a big light ASAP. Maybe bring a net or something?

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
Can't we just get the AI Drone to hunt the alligators?

Hell, let them hunt both kinds of furry bevers too.

Backlash

Reaction score
I don't think popping off hollow points in the channel would be ideal obviously, unless it attacked someone.

I woulda followed that fucker and radioed the PD to bring the boat and a big light ASAP. Maybe bring a net or something?
That's true. Harming someone is a different scenario. But for this little guy who was seen simply cruising the channel, wouldn't justify the officer discharging their firearm. The officer may have done more, such as notifying supervisors, or the appropriate authorities such as Fish and Game. 👍

For the record, a net is worthless and it has no place capturing alligators.

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
3 days 35k Views. Gator has earned his/her catered life at the RDP pool on Mariner Drive in LHC. Gator or whatever it is has hurt nothing or anyone. :)

Badchoices03

Reaction score
Need to bring this back to the top. I don't know if they'll ever find it, but it's no beaver, and it's not a mechanical head. Any other guesses?

So the officers that were there said it was an alligator, in the pic they look close enough to distinguish between a beaver and an alligator I think...and the text in that pic said that Fish and Game confirmed from the pic that it was an alligator....but now we are saying its just a beaver??

HCP3

Reaction score
So the officers that were there said it was an alligator, in the pic they look close enough to distinguish between a beaver and an alligator I think...and the text in that pic said that Fish and Game confirmed from the pic that it was an alligator....but now we are saying its just a beaver??

Don't forget the classified top secret video.

Englewood

Reaction score
There was two cops at the scene and both are familiar with the beavers in the channel (of both varieties lol). They know what they saw. There is also a reason they aren’t releasing the video.. because it ain’t a beaver .

They are looking for it.

As for the rest believe what ya want, or call lhcpd.. they will flat tell ya what they think it is and what’s going on. Or ask any cop in town. Lol.

All these press releases are basically damage control.
I'm assuming you have some inside knowledge? I find it hard to believe, but you seem pretty adamant and much more in the know than I am...

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
I'm assuming you have some inside knowledge? I find it hard to believe, but you seem pretty adamant and much more in the know than I am...

Considering all the agencies you ask now say it was a beaver, and there is no video…

Let’s go with the most likely answer lol.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
#fakenews it’s a beaver folks. Sorry to let you down.

Reactions: DWC

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
That's not the same video from the screen shot that @RiverDave posted, the one that Dave posted was at night and required the use of the officers flashlights. The lights were bright enough to illuminate just beneath the surface.

Lol I’m aware it’s not the same video.

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
Look at the position of the legs on an alligator swimming versus the photo of the alleged alligator. Alligators swim with their legs against their bodies. The one in the picture has legs forward or out to the side. Doesn't add up.

gator swimming.jpg
gator in question.jpeg