WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Alligators spotted in the channel

Crazyhippy

Haters gonna Hate
Reaction score
That would be hilarious in the channel this weekend! I'm sure someone would get butt hurt though and want to start a fight.
I don't think the remote has enough range to work from here... Will absolutely see some action in NC though!

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
We haven't had a thread cause so much commotion since Hammers tire thread! 😆

btw, It's an adult water dog not a gator!

View attachment 1237216
With all the new people on RDP only the old school people remember about the tire.. By the way what everybody should be more concerned about is all the rattlesnakes?
They're everywhere here's a picture of one that I took that was trying to climb in my boat on a North end of the channel. It was swimming from Windsor for trying to get across to Crazy Horse.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1587665449858.jpg
    FB_IMG_1587665449858.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 395

Gelcoater

Reaction score
With all the new people on RDP only the old school people remember about the tire.. By the way what everybody should be more concerned about is all the rattlesnakes?
They're everywhere here's a picture of one that I took that was trying to climb in my boat on a North end of the channel. It was swimming from Windsor for trying to get across to Crazy Horse.
BNAG!
BNAGNAGNAGNAGNAG! !

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Let's catch us some snake and throw 'em on the Q!

maxresdefault.jpg

@rivergames

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score
That would be hilarious in the channel this weekend! I'm sure someone would get butt hurt though and want to start a fight.
Dave specifically sad for rdp sticker he did not say a sharpies ha ha ha.

Taboma

Reaction score
Wife and I taking a break from jet skiing, sitting on a beach in a back bay, watch this rattler swim across the bay right towards us. Comes out of the water about 20 feet away, coils up and starts baking in the sun. He was still right there when we left 30 minutes later.
We've approached them on the skis, you're right, as soon as they spot you they turn and head right for you. As soon as you turn away and get some distance, they return on their previous course heading.

For sure I'd hate to fall asleep anchored up and have one board my vessel, that could get seriously exciting trying to extricate his ass and not shoot holes in the bottom. :oops:

Wheeler

Reaction score
Wife and I taking a break from jet skiing, sitting on a beach in a back bay, watch this rattler swim across the bay right towards us. Comes out of the water about 20 feet away, coils up and starts baking in the sun. He was still right there when we left 30 minutes later.
We've approached them on the skis, you're right, as soon as they spot you they turn and head right for you. As soon as you turn away and get some distance, they return on their previous course heading.

For sure I'd hate to fall asleep anchored up and have one board my vessel, that could get seriously exciting trying to extricate his ass and not shoot holes in the bottom. :oops:
Shitoooo or dookie boy has a video. ...of snakes

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
There's "New People" on RDP?

Mini Kat

Hammer Makin' Payments
Reaction score

I remember way back in the day when they caught a big boaconstrictor snake by the seawall by the bathrooms by the heat animal control came down.
He was having a heck of a time with it. I had a picture of it.
They posted it in the newspaper but I don't know where that picture is anymore. It had to be at least 10 feet long.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
The belle closed because it couldn’t reopen after the pandemic.. no gators and footing problems.
Just to castt a little doubt.....

My wife and I married in Sept 1995
In August, the month before, we tent camped in Pierce Ferry.
It was awesome. Whole cove to ourselves, naked most of the weekend.😎
But it was F’n hot!
So we packed it up and headed to Laughlin.
Valet parked an entirely dusty dirty Z-71 pickup with a bed full of camping gear.
So hot we didn’t give a shit.

Anyhow, we have two of these we killed after we showered and went and walked the Laughlin strip.
BB8A67A1-7858-44B7-8D13-A0AB6246F6EB.jpeg
689070BB-AAD5-4F3E-AA8C-B7FB66119961.jpeg

Makes a hell of a lot more sense why there’s gators on a Colorado Bell cup.🤷‍♂️

69hondo

Reaction score
Just to castt a little doubt.....

My wife and I married in Sept 1995
In August, the month before, we tent camped in Pierce Ferry.
It was awesome. Whole cove to ourselves, naked most of the weekend.😎
But it was F’n hot!
So we packed it up and headed to Laughlin.
Valet parked an entirely dusty dirty Z-71 pickup with a bed full of camping gear.
So hot we didn’t give a shit.

Anyhow, we have two of these we killed after we showered and went and walked the Laughlin strip. View attachment 1237281 View attachment 1237282

Makes a hell of a lot more sense why there’s gators on a Colorado Bell cup.🤷‍♂️
Gator days at the Colorado Belle. those were some good times.

hman442

Reaction score
1116548-dd128ab488140c1458d3a88c6068b47a.jpg

I dunno, looks like that's probably a Beaver, nothing to see here folks, let's move it along....Fox news....

Taboma

Reaction score
Here is one from last week.

Note the movement…

View attachment 1237278
Yup and the head will continue to attempt to bite you too. Neighbor was trying to skin a fresh one to make a belt, head was gone, but body kept moving throughout the entire skinning procedure, it was damned eerie I tell ya -- like gross man, especially with no skin covering it. 🤢

Wheeler

Reaction score
Yup and the head will continue to attempt to bite you too. Neighbor was trying to skin a fresh one to make a belt, head was gone, but body kept moving throughout the entire skinning procedure, it was damned eerie I tell ya -- like gross man, especially with no skin covering it. 🤢
tastes like Gato! 🙀

Taboma

Reaction score
tastes like Gato! 🙀
What tastes likke Gato, the really big scary reptile, or the smaller still scary reptile that can't eat you, but certainly ruin an otherwise great day ?
I'm quite happy to have tasted neither. ;)
But I do know what Beaver tastes like 😁

SeanRitchie

Reaction score
So did this thing get caught or not?

Heading out next weekend and need to know what "supplies" I will need to bring with. Also need to be aware of little ones running around on the beach and in the water while there.

2Driver

Reaction score

Heading out next weekend and need to know what "supplies" I will need to bring with. Also need to be aware of little ones running around on the beach and in the water while there.

I think they are still trying to figure out what it is before finding it.

Where is this video they keep talking about?

traquer

Reaction score
This just occurred to me, but the "original" sighting by the cops and the video probably was from an RC toy. I mean that would fool someone from 20 feet away probably even with a flashlight, as well as make for a nice video. The cops know this is a possible scenario and don't want to look like they got taken by the prank, but at the same time they want to cover their asses.

Who wants to bet a hundo on that with me? Basically that no gator will ever be found ( I don't think anyone will come forward that it was their prank after all this shit storm they caused)

RD was right, cop shoulda handled it then and there somehow.

PlanB

Reaction score

We have been here since last weekend. Everything is normal and people are hanging in the channel. I would not worry about it.