Reaction score
he did it

Attachments

• 350509591_1258240651480139_7873531133373535187_n.jpg
    350509591_1258240651480139_7873531133373535187_n.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 82

FishSniper

Reaction score
Got some RDP stickers at the house gonna be on a gator hunt next weekend.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Fun thread fellas.... I assume thats the talk of the town this weekend.... whats the vibe... are folks keeping an eye out or doing things like fishing with chicken at night, etc....? Webcam shows a full channel.... those aggressive beavers are gonna run that poor gator back to the wetlands. :p

Last edited:

PlanB

Reaction score
That is a beaver.. the thing they saw the other night.. wasn’t
Look at the tail moving under the water. That is not a beaver. We had a beaver swim by us in a cove yesterday. It looked nothing like this video.

PlanB

Reaction score
Have you ever seen a beaver in the water. That is 100% a beaver!! Lol
Yesterday in a cove in the gorge. Looks nothing like this video. Beavers don’t have tails that go side to side when they swim.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Down in the large cove at the south end of the lake, Gene Wash Cove, once had a buddy begin following a ‘beaver’ from a distance. When we got closer we could tell this thing was definitely NOT any beaver. . . . This was particularly obvious once the diver, on the surface, pulled his head up and yelled back to my buddy, Why the F are you following me!!?

Last edited:

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
FWIW - Just asked a AZ Game & Fish Warden, a young attractive, on duty female, getting fuel at Mavericks, if it was an alligator or beaver. She laughed and said, it was no alligator. Asked her about on shore evidence. She was not aware of any evidence on shore. So . . . ???

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
FWIW - Just asked a AZ Game & Fish Warden, a young attractive, on duty female, getting fuel at Mavericks, if it was an alligator or beaver. She laughed and said, it was no alligator. Asked her about on shore evidence. She was not aware of any evidence on shore. So . . . ???

The cops that saw it swear up and down what they saw.. who knows?

I haven’t seen it personally. The memo at the beginning of this thread is an actual internal police memo that was confirming the identity of the animal..

Later the city council said this is a tourism nightmare and a ton of articles came out saying it was most likely a beaver..

Again who knows..

4Waters

Reaction score
I can see how the cops on scene 10-15 feet away could confuse a beaver for an alligator, they look really similar in a side-by-side comparison🤣🤣🤣

Beaver.jpg
20190613131315.jpeg

And when alligators float their legs hang

alligator-smiley-floating-2-1024x683.jpg

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I haven’t actually seen it either. I’ve seen numerous gators in FL, LA & TX. I’ve seen beavers swimming in Havasu. Also river otters, but they’re little guys. That first photo/memo by HPD it doesn’t look much like a beaver. Out of all of this the City Council was likely most correct. And they also have not seen it. But, Tourism Nightmare is probably the one thing that is pretty accurate.

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
I haven’t actually seen it either. I’ve seen numerous gators in FL, LA & TX. I’ve seen beavers swimming in Havasu. Also river otters, but they’re little guys. That first photo/memo by HPD it doesn’t look much like a beaver. Out of all of this the City Council was likely most correct. And they also have not seen it. But, Tourism Nightmare is probably the one thing that is pretty accurate.
We wanna know if those remote controlled gator head things are being seen in channel today... post up fellas.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

I haven’t seen it personally. The memo at the beginning of this thread is an actual internal police memo that was confirming the identity of the animal..

Later the city council said this is a tourism nightmare and a ton of articles came out saying it was most likely a beaver..

Again who knows..

The actual people with “game and fish” in their title… and the fact that there is zero physical evidence.

But hey, makes great clickbait.

Bpracing1127

Reaction score

Again who knows..
11:00 pm after a long work weekend. they were likely tired and hoping to be a star since it was a relatively quiet weekend

Wheeler

I'm just here to bitch about others negativity.😁
Reaction score
Must have missed it but you could pm it lol
I'll post it while the mods are passed out. Ardee's gettin old so it should be soon after 8 this evening. :)

Reactions: DWC

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Well I can’t believe the video wasn’t better and why didn’t he get closer, he’ll why didn’t he follow it as far as he could if he thought it was an alligator.

Englewood

Reaction score
What's odd to me is if a cop sees a gator in the channel, the first thing he is gonna do is pull out his phone for a video or radio in for assistance?

2Driver

Reaction score
Look at the position of the legs on an alligator swimming versus the photo of the alleged alligator. Alligators swim with their legs against their bodies. The one in the picture has legs forward or out to the side. Doesn't add up.

View attachment 1237826 View attachment 1237827

You mean like this?

IMG_2097.jpeg

2 things are going on here.

1 The day light video of clearly a beaver swimming
2. The night time still of what the cop saw in person, who is adamant about it being a gator.

#2 if not a screwed up picture it’s a gator still-floating in the same position as above.

LOL like the guy on abc news said, I’m from Florida and that’s not a beaver it’s a gator.

Roosky01

Reaction score
i'm pretty sure that a beaver and an alligator do not look anything alike. It's either one or the other, but the "con

FishSniper

Reaction score
All I’m saying is it’s been a week with 1,000s of people boating and not one sighting since? Fake news!
Think there’s a video circulating around of a jet skier video taping the gator, beaver, USO or whatever ppl are calling it now. Video to me looked like it was on the California side across from the island.

JFMFG

Reaction score
Think there’s a video circulating around of a jet skier video taping the gator, beaver, USO or whatever ppl are calling it now. Video to me looked like it was on the California side across from the island.
I stand corrected then.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Ha, yesterday in the channel one of our crew asked the "warden" he ran across near the dog park. He told him 100% 🐊.
I never saw it but did see tons of beaver buns.🦦

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
What's odd to me is if a cop sees a gator in the channel, the first thing he is gonna do is pull out his phone for a video or radio in for assistance?
Pretty certain the video was off the surveillance camera atop the channel bathrooms.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Ha, yesterday in the channel one of our crew asked the "warden" he ran across near the dog park. He told him 100% 🐊.
I never saw it but did see tons of beaver buns.🦦
It was a “she”, and yooor welcome 😎🐊🐊

I asked her if “Beaver or Gator” She laughed and said “definitely a Gator”. She also said they’re not actively trying to catch it at this point, just watching for it 🤷🏻‍♂️

Tamalewagon

Little Buddy
Reaction score
You mean like this?

View attachment 1237908

2 things are going on here.

1 The day light video of clearly a beaver swimming
2. The night time still of what the cop saw in person, who is adamant about it being a gator.

#2 if not a screwed up picture it’s a gator still-floating in the same position as above.

LOL like the guy on abc news said, I’m from Florida and that’s not a beaver it’s a gator.
That's floating, not swimming. So not like that.