WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Allow myself to introduce.......... myself. (new-to-us boat)

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
So I've lurked around this place for a long, long time. Never registered or participated because I didn't own a boat. I equated it to wearing Harley Davidson shirts without owing a Harley. ;)

Grew up going to the river with my Mom, mostly Laughlin, on our Sea Doo's... until we "upgraded" to a 21 footer and boated Mohave. It was just me and her growing up for the most part, and I still hang on to those memories. That was damn near 20 years ago, and I've got a family of my own now. I've wanted to make those same memories with MY kids for a long time... but something always came up and the boat had to wait.

We've bothered Shockwave Bob for years now, but were never able to pull the trigger.. weather it be used or a new build. We did know that whatever we were going to buy, would be a Shockwave, based on Bob's candor and the way he runs his show (he flat out told us to go look at all the other builders before we decided, and we liked that). Went to the 2015 boat show, and fell in love with the Tremor on the floor. eff it, lets build one.... then we found out we were pregnant again.. :rolleyes

Fast forward, I see the same Tremor pop up for sale... and saw the price creep down to where we were budgeted... and well... took it off Sbarry's (SUPER cool dude!!) hands... :D:D

Absolutely stoked about it. Looking forward to getting it on the water, and finding our niche and our "spot"..

The rug rats, with the baby ALREADY standing on my interior!!! :eek:eek

saucedaddy

Reaction score
Good choice! Bobs runs a legit business and produces a great product!:thumbsup

TCHB

Reaction score
Congratulations on your new boat. The Tremor is a great size boat for the local lakes. It is bigger than most in its size range and performs really well.

Sbarry

Reaction score
Very cool story! That's what boating's all about. Memories!

Thanks again for such an easy deal. Very nice meeting you!

Here's to many years and tons of memories with your family! Cheers! [emoji482]

Boat Bling

Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome to the asylum! Here's to many great seasons making memories with the family!

Can't go wrong with a Shockwave.

-Zack

Andy01

Reaction score
Awesome, congrats! Will be a great family boat, enjoy!

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Congratulations and welcome to the asylum! Here's to many great seasons making memories with the family!

Can't go wrong with a Shockwave.

-Zack
Thanks!!
IMG_8559.JPG

Thanks guys!

TLAW719

Reaction score
Great story and congrats on the buy. Scott and Bob are both real cool guys. Welcome to the Shockwave family. :thumbsup

Cray Paper

Reaction score
Congrats man, you children will remember your boat for their entire lives. You have also planted the boating seed that will become the next generation of RDP members in 20 years!

Rajobigguy

Reaction score
Congrats and welcome to the fold. The tremor is a very nice family sport boat, I'm sure that you will make many good memories wit it.:thumbsup

wishiknew

Reaction score
OK why all the welcome with no pics of the other wife/girl friend ?

Lumpy

Reaction score
[video=youtube;67E42LQsU24]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67E42LQsU24[/video]

RCDave

Reaction score
Great choice! Brand quality, service, performance, comfort, etc.

I had one for years. Great boat. Plus they eat rough water and still are one of the faster 25' foot sport boats.

Gratzie!

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
IMG_8561.JPG

I feel like I'm driving home from the hospital after having a baby, but I don't have the baby. Lol.

I sat in it and made vroom vroom and lopey idle sounds though.

Boat 405

Reaction score
Congrats!! Great find! I have such fond memories growing up with my parents and trips to the river and lake Powell! It's awesome that you are able to do that with your kids now too!

charlyox

Reaction score
Congrats on your new boat and welcome to RDP. I wish you and your family many years of happy boating like you remember from your youth.

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Didn't want to start a new thread for my lame ass, but I took some pics I think came out pretty OK. Took the boat out for the first time today, absolutely awesome experience.

Launched at Windsor (the left side.. Lol) and wanted to run up to Pirates. Was worried about the mouth of the river, but ended up taking the dredged route (depth gauge showed 2 feet at some points! [emoji15])

IMG_8682.jpg
IMG_8681.jpg

IMG_8678.jpg
IMG_8672.jpg
IMG_8663.jpg
IMG_8662.jpg

Sbarry

Reaction score
So awesome! Already miss that boat. LOL

Looks like perfect weather and calm waters [emoji1360]

(Pink Taco inspired photos [emoji41])

TLAW719

Reaction score
Didn't want to start a new thread for my lame ass, but I took some pics I think came out pretty OK. Took the boat out for the first time today, absolutely awesome experience.

Launched at Windsor (the left side.. Lol) and wanted to run up to Pirates. Was worried about the mouth of the river, but ended up taking the dredged route (depth gauge showed 2 feet at some points! [emoji15])

View attachment 511549
View attachment 511550

View attachment 511551
View attachment 511552
View attachment 511553
View attachment 511554

Very nice. I'll be on the water this weekend. I'll say hi if I see you.

So awesome! Already miss that boat. LOL

Looks like perfect weather and calm waters [emoji1360]

(Pink Taco inspired photos [emoji41])

You can go for a ride in mine when you're in town.

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
Nice ride - congrats!

See you guys on the water. Will be out there this Saturday.

SJP

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
Congrats...cool story and your kids will love it just like you did as a kid.

Love the sitting in it and making vroom vroom sounds...:D

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score

Bet ya a hundred bucks you and the family were smiling all day:thumbsup Congrats!
Perfect day of the week to get a nice feel for the boat too.:thumbsup

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Congrats and Welcome. :)

Love the shockwave. Enjoy yourself!