Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
46' Genesis:
5734c48f72f3c.png

post-33685-1467423144_thumb.jpg

post-33685-1467507707_thumb.jpg

Meaney77

Reaction score
Cool set up but I wonder if their is any concern with putting that much weight over the rear axle?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Cool set up but I wonder if their is any concern with putting that much weight over the rear axle?

My thoughts were the axles should be back more for weight support/dist and that'll be one hell of a swing out in turns. But then again maybe they are looking at hitch weight.
Our 43' the wheels are farther back even taking into account 3' shorter.

We're 6" wider on the interior too plus no fold out beds sucking up width.

JhwL7H5.jpg
AJHRDPi.jpg

Genesis has a good build reputation.
I heard someplace they are moving to the old WW factory site. Just some time and people with associate the two somehow though they are not affiliated at all goes the tale.

cyclone

My name is Mike and I have a boating problem.
Reaction score
My thoughts were the axles should be back more for weight support/dist and that'll be one hell of a swing out in turns. But then again maybe they are looking at hitch weight.
Our 43' the wheels are farther back even taking into account 3' shorter.

We're 6" wider on the interior too plus no fold out beds sucking up width.

JhwL7H5.jpg
AJHRDPi.jpg

Genesis has a good build reputation.
I heard someplace they are moving to the old WW factory site. Just some time and people with associate the two somehow though they are not affiliated at all goes the tale.

wow! what does something like that 46 go for?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
wow! what does something like that 46 go for?

These rigs are all hovering around the asking price of $100K+.
I'm stubbornly convinced the dealer mark up is 100% over what they paid the builder.

If you can live without custom paint, auto leveling jacks, central Vac, Cherry Cabinets, triple A/C (dual works fine) and a few other items and willing to wait you can order one under $70K if you shop around. Or you could when the economy hit bottom. That may have all changed.
Fresno seems to be the place to get the best deals. Or it was a year ago.

I heard Heartland raised their price to the dealer another $20K because my unit is very popular in various floor configurations.
Tow's amazingly well and the build quality is good.
Dealers are moving to offering cheaper lines because of the price hikes.

[video=youtube;c7JT9gDvHfU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7JT9gDvHfU&t=245s[/video]

rpmsrup

Reaction score
You can get a 2018 GENESIS SUPREME SUPREME TOY HAULER 40SRSS6 for $72k

Reactions: TPC

Meaney77

Reaction score
You can get a 2018 GENESIS SUPREME SUPREME TOY HAULER 40SRSS6 for $72k

Crazy these things along with other 5th wheel toy haulers are selling for that much. Then you need the $70k dollar diesel truck to tow it all so when all said and done your into a rig for ~$140K. There are a lot of nice diesel pushers out there with low miles, and all the same features for under $100k.... then you buy a flat bed of an enclosed for the toys and you still have money in the bank.

Been there done that, when we ordered our 40' 5th wheel and F450 to tow the wife and I told ourselves we never needed or wanted anything more. The trailer worked for the toys, great for the kids. Used it at the beach, the desert, the mountains etc... and then one day we looked at pushers. We sold the 5th wheel, and the truck and have never looked back. Bought an enclosed and a used F150 to tow behind and it works for us.

The F150 is my daily driver, tows behind the MH, launches the boat, tows the enclosed with toys for day trips and fits a family of 5 comfortably.

I understand everyone has different wants and needs, we love our MH.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Crazy these things along with other 5th wheel toy haulers are selling for that much. Then you need the $70k dollar diesel truck to tow it all so when all said and done your into a rig for ~$140K. There are a lot of nice diesel pushers out there with low miles, and all the same features for under $100k.... then you buy a flat bed of an enclosed for the toys and you still have money in the bank.

Been there done that, when we ordered our 40' 5th wheel and F450 to tow the wife and I told ourselves we never needed or wanted anything more. The trailer worked for the toys, great for the kids. Used it at the beach, the desert, the mountains etc... and then one day we looked at pushers. We sold the 5th wheel, and the truck and have never looked back. Bought an enclosed and a used F150 to tow behind and it works for us.

The F150 is my daily driver, tows behind the MH, launches the boat, tows the enclosed with toys for day trips and fits a family of 5 comfortably.

I understand everyone has different wants and needs, we love our MH.

We'll eventually move into that set-up but a big toyhauler accommodates a lot of people and seems we're always a full house.
Then we have our toys and a vehicle to head out on adventures with the trailer back at camp home base..

The flat bed behind the MoHo will have to hold both a Rzr and a street vehicle.
We're big into off roading and this set up works for now.

The Diesel pushers we like start at $250K.
We're about $120K into this set up and love it.

Got the dually in the middle of the GM ignition crisis and recession so it was a killer deal, and the Toy Hauler at a big discount, almost half MSRP.

I must be doing something right. I started out with a pickup truck with two quads in the back and a junk Fleetwood bumper pull trailer.
Single parent with child support the TPC was pulling it off any way I could.
As soon as we moved into this unit haters in camp were besides themselves. It defaulted their hate and hostility to an all time low.