WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Almost done (new truck)

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
After driving a 1/2 ton (chevy and GM) for the past 11 years the new 3/4 ton sure feels different. I have this set up as a single resource vehicle (chief). Has my structure PPE , SCBA, wildland PPE, AED and first aid supplies AND the ALL IMPORTANT ICE CHEST! One more set of graphics and it's fininshed.
20200326_192807.jpg

ChiliPepperGarage

Well Known RDP Cart Returner
Reaction score
Nice! We just purchased two new Dodge command vehicles and are ordering one more as a utility vehicle. They have the best pricing through the government purchase program. Sure wish we could buy them for ourselves through that program!

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
Nice! We just purchased two new Dodge command vehicles and are ordering one more as a utility vehicle. They have the best pricing through the government purchase program. Sure wish we could buy them for ourselves through that program!
we have that one on a lease....$4500 yr....new one every year

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Real nice. That dodge brand is growing on me. Sharp looking truck 👍

rrrr

Reaction score
This reminds me of the time in the early 80s I was visiting a friend in sleepy Inola, Oklahoma, population 1,348. We were sitting at his kitchen table, and the phone rang with four short bursts. My buddy jumped up and said "We gotta go right now, that's the ring for the volunteer fire department".

A few seconds later, we were blasting through red lights with tires screeching. I said something along the lines of "Do we really need to push this hard?", and he replied "The first person that arrives at the station gets to drive the fire truck". Ohhhh, OK. :rolleyes:

We arrived at the dilapidated fire station, he threw open the roll-up door, and we jumped into the WWII surplus open cab fire truck. It was powered a Chevy 235 six, with a foot operated starter linkage.

We got it started, and soon we were flying down the main street of Inola, with lights and siren blazing. Well, except that flying, in this truck, was about 30 MPH. That was all she had.

It was totally ridiculous. A kid on a bicycle could have passed us. A few minutes after we arrived at the fire, a weakly burning patch of wheat stubble in a farm field, at least fifteen pickups had arrived at the scene. They dragged a 1" hose out of the ancient fire truck and extinguished the pitiful bit of flame.

This was my one and only exposure to the world of rural VFDs, and it was pretty amusing. The only thing missing was an Eb Dawson kind of guy, the dimwitted character in the 60s TV series Green Acres. :p

satellitemike

Reaction score
It gets you a 3/4 ton 4x4 Laramie with a nice "options" package, the big cummins, Ram boxes in the bed, mega cab.window sticker was a bit north of $70,000
How many miles are allowed and where do I find this deal?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
This reminds me of the time in the early 80s I was visiting a friend in sleepy Inola, Oklahoma, population 1,348. We were sitting at his kitchen table, and the phone rang with four short bursts. My buddy jumped up and said "We gotta go right now, that's the ring for the volunteer fire department".

A few seconds later, we were blasting through red lights with tires screeching. I said something along the lines of "Do we really need to push this hard?", and he replied "The first person that arrives at the station gets to drive the fire truck". Ohhhh, OK. :rolleyes:

We arrived at the dilapidated fire station, he threw open the roll-up door, and we jumped into the WWII surplus open cab fire truck. It was powered a Chevy 235 six, with a foot operated starter linkage.

We got it started, and soon we were flying down the main street of Inola, with lights and siren blazing. Well, except that flying, in this truck, was about 30 MPH. That was all she had.

It was totally ridiculous. A kid on a bicycle could have passed us. A few minutes after we arrived at the fire, a weakly burning patch of wheat stubble in a farm field, at least fifteen pickups had arrived at the scene. They dragged a 1" hose out of the ancient fire truck and extinguished the pitiful bit of flame.

This was my one and only exposure to the world of rural VFDs, and it was pretty amusing. The only thing missing was an Eb Dawson kind of guy, the dimwitted character in the 60s TV series Green Acres. :p
not my rural vfd here.........we have newer engines, brush rigs, medical and ambulance in our area............all of our volunteers are actually trained and certified.... no war surplus but we have a couple of government feep vehicle that do their job pretty well.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
How many miles are allowed and where do I find this deal?

unlimited miles, new truck every year but it's not a plan open to the public.........not sure what the cost is for a lease to the public

satellitemike

Reaction score
unlimited miles, new truck every year but it's not a plan open to the public.........not sure what the cost is for a lease to the public
Government only deal?
PM me if you have Amy further details you can share.
Thx