WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Almost Had A Bad Trip Home!

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
This morning, maybe 11-11:30, me, my wife and my boys set off from the river pad in Golden Shores. As we're headed down the bend by Topock, a bike darts out of the parking lot...maybe 150ft out ahead of us. Not great, but hey, whatever.

Then the next one! A gal pulls out in front of me. I was still closing, but at a slower pace from the warning first bike. Well, she makes it dead on in front of me, and I believe panics and locked it up, stalling it. Then, it fell over :(
It was a big bike, not a Sporty, nice too. I had stopped with plenty of space. Wife and I both jump out to help the rider. Get the bike up, and roll it back to the driveway. Wife jumps in our car and pulls it into the lot...not 5 seconds later, some little car comes hauling ass through, hard on the brakes to make the turn under the bridge! That could have been all kinds of ugly.

It turns out there were 4 ladies out on a ride. All looked to be mid-50s or so. The lady thanked us a bunch, both for stopping and not hitting her, and for stopping to help. She apologized for not paying attention, but was happy I did.

Was interesting, that's for sure. I hope the rest of their ride went smoother!