Alone

hallett21

Reaction score
Every episode [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DaytonaBabe

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Watch it every Sunday with my wife. Pretty sure I’d tap out after the first night of freezing weather or bugs. My two things would be a machete and pan then I’d keister a fire starter. :oops:

Haha! Good plan! Lmao

Same though on tapping out. I'd love to try it, but every time I see them walking across rocks with bare feet or freezing it makes me realize I could never do it. I would be terrified about having bugs crawling in my hooha 😆

snowhammer

Exploratory Vacation Time
Reaction score
Met the winner of Season 2, Dave McIntyre. Solid guy with a great life story. His drive for the show was to win for his kids, not for personal gain. I got the sense that it was not scripted, the producers may have added drama but not a script.

Mandelon

Coffee makes me poop.
Reaction score
I know a camera man for Naked and Afraid. He has some good stories. The contestants are not quite as alone as it looks.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I like the idea, but don't watch a lot of TV. Done some "weekenders" ala "Survivorman" style, knife and clothing. Nothing long term. If I didn't have a family, I'd love to try it. As @Gramps said, the mental skills are the hard part. Humans were doing this stuff long before written history. We have the tools, but lack the knowledge...and the drive. Fear is a hell of a motivator, some would let it drive them to tap out, others to push further.

BeerMaker

"B" Team Token Black Guy
Reaction score
Love this show. Strong individuals. I've watched since the beginning also. Thus one and survivor man always seemed the most authentic to me.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I’ve seen a couple of seasons, pretty good for reality based tv.
The first episode of some random season they sort of show each contestant before they go and where they are from.

One guy was saying how pumped he was, how he’s going to do this and that.
Stepped off the boat onto shore and looks down to see a pile of bear shit larger than his head😂
Then saw bear tracks. Bigger than his head😧
Heard a stick break out in the forest...
Was on the radio and back on the boat before sundown, day 1😎😂

Nikwho

Reaction score
My wife, son and I watch this show and enjoy it. It seems more legitimate than many others. My wife keeps saying that she thinks that I would do well on the show. Not as convinced. Not sure if she honestly believes that I would do well, or just trying to get rid of me for a few weeks! HAHA

Badchoices03

Reaction score
I have watched every season, just started watching the new season...can't believe that one dude left only hours of losing his firestarter, he didnt even try to stick it out another day to go back to look for it after a rest...I mean dont get me wrong, he probably lasted longer than I could...but still, seemed like he broke down rather quickly after losing it.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Growing up in Alaska, with my Dad, we called that camping....
So you weren't "alone".😉🙂
Did you camp without substantial weapons?
The one thing about this season I notice so far is the bear activity near them is much greater than past seasons.

STV_Keith

Reaction score
We've seen every season up to 7. I know that 8 is showing now, but we wait until they are done and then binge watch so we don't have to wait.

We like this show. They are ALONE, so no camera crew or backup. I believe the crew checks up on them a lot more than what they show in the finished show, but can't substantiate. It's interesting to see the different methods that everyone uses. Some build the minimalist shelters and some build palaces (space wise). Seems sketchy as hell to be out there with the wildlife and no firearm. No way I'd do that, although no one has been eaten yet.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Good TV to have on in the background. I really enjoy learning about each contestants past experience and why they chose particular tools.

Jordan Jonas was on Joe Roegans podcast and spoke in depth about his experience on the show.

I believe they have a daily check in via sat-phone and get a delivery of camera batteries every few days. Contestants need to meet specific filming criteria or they’re kicked off. As others have said the calories burned just to capture raw footage seams pretty substantial

Last edited:

NicPaus

Reaction score
Just watched 7. Good show reminded me of when I went bear hunting in Alaska on Lake Tustamena.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
So you weren't "alone".😉🙂
Did you camp without substantial weapons?
The one thing about this season I notice so far is the bear activity near them is much greater than past seasons.

No I have to admit we usually had a hell of an arsenal.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
So season 10 just hit Live TV...

Every episode of season 9 is now on the History Channel.

I've been waiting for this for awhile.

Can't wait to start watching season 9 tonight!

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
We really like the show and now there is Alone Australia,