WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Alpha to bravo?

hawgty55

Reaction score
Has anyone done it?
Looking at a boat with an alpha and after i implode it im curious about the upgrade?

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Has anyone done it?
Looking at a boat with an alpha and after i implode it im curious about the upgrade?

It's not a huge deal. How comfortable are you running drills and saber saws, and turning wrenches.

It's not a complex deal, it will cost you for the bravo parts. About 3k for the transom assembly and another 9-11 for the drive, Unless you come across some good used equipment.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
It's not a huge deal. How comfortable are you running drills and saber saws, and turning wrenches.

It's not a complex deal, it will cost you for the bravo parts. About 3k for the transom assembly and another 9-11 for the drive, Unless you come across some good used equipment.
Sea pump as well. But like you said easy enough.

Op are you looking at that Vector?

hawgty55

Reaction score
Nevermind boat sold! Lol was a nice deal! New it would go fast.

Lavey 29

Reaction score
Sold I see but it matters depending as the alpha has to use the shift interupt switch so if its an EFI engine that will need a calibration change if it has a ecm 555. If it as a MEFI ecm you can install the est distributor ign set up and by pass the shift interupt switch

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
Don't you have to fill and re-glass the transom and then re-cut the bravo template? I didn't think it was just a matter of a bolt pattern change with the same hole.

dspracing

Reaction score
Don't you have to fill and re-glass the transom and then re-cut the bravo template? I didn't think it was just a matter of a bolt pattern change with the same hole.

from what I recall, you simply bolt up the bravo housing to the transom and use it as a template to slightly enlarge the opening and drill 1 maybe 2 more holes. I was looking high and low for some sort of template when I did the swap until Rick at pro boats recommended this method.

LOBOATOMY

Reaction score
Additional 2 holes at bottom of transom assembly. 1/2" as I remember.