WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

[WTB] CLOSED - Alpine Coach 34'-36'

01erionracing

Reaction score
Looking for a early 2000 diesel pusher (also consider 98-99) and prefer Alpine 34' - 36' with big power ISC or ISL.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
and if you are a summertime havasu/parker user,... I'd pass on the alpine..

01erionracing

Reaction score
@2FORCEFULL Thanks for the headsup about the vansco! The purpose of the MH is weekend in the desert with family and friends, road trip occasinally.
The long term would be retired on wheel, I am focusing on early Monaco Dynastry, Excutive, Signature 40', Holiday Rambler Navigator 40', Travel Supreme and Alpine with Cummins ISL and I wish for Cummins M11 but that's would be out of my price range.
Side note: I am pulling 7k lbs enclosed and or 10k lbs flatbed trailer, and 40' will be max in lengh but I prefer 36 or 38.

Reactions: DLC

DLC

Reaction score
Hi Jimmy!
Congratulations on the new rig!
Navigators are nice, HR makes a really nice coach...

post a pic!

are you headed out labor day weekend?

01erionracing

Reaction score
Hi Jimmy!
Congratulations on the new rig!
Navigators are nice, HR makes a really nice coach...

post a pic!

are you headed out labor day weekend?
I drove it home from Dallas, only this pic from the truck stop, it needs some interior TLC.
IMG_3618.jpg

are those roadmaster chassis??
@2FORCEFULL Yes it is roadmaster chassis.

Kbach

Reaction score
I drove it home from Dallas, only this pic from the truck stop, it needs some interior TLC.
View attachment 917685

@2FORCEFULL Yes it is roadmaster chassis.

Nice! Funny you got it in TX...I’m looking at a used Monaco in Dallas and trying to figure out the fly and drive. How’d you look yours over before committing? FaceTime or something? How was the drive back?

01erionracing

Reaction score
Nice! Funny you got it in TX...I’m looking at a used Monaco in Dallas and trying to figure out the fly and drive. How’d you look yours over before committing? FaceTime or something? How was the drive back?
I bought it from a small auto/RV dealer in Arlington, I just looked through the photos and asked question. The dealer owner pretty much answered all the questions and disclosed some little issues and all six tires needs to be replaced in order to drive back to CA. The selling point of the Motorhome is the engine/trans combo.
Early 2000's Monaco built seems to be a good quality plus the Roadmaster S series I heard is very well built.
I haven't driven a class A DP before, I drive class C E-450 and towing 18' enclosed trailer for 15 years, at first I was afraid but it only took about 30 minutes on the driver seat after that it was a breeze. Passing a semis and being pass by a semis doesn't effect the vehicle handling at all. The seating position is also taller compared to the semi truck and you can pretty much see everything the front.
1400 miles journey home cost me two time battery jump because one alternator belt was broken (cost $17 from Auto zone), I also joined Good Sam roadside assistance prior to pickup the Motorhome.
Regarding the fly, I flew from ONT to Dallas picked up the rental and dropped off the rental at Arlington and picked up the motorhome and drove home.