WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Alright.. So the plan is pudding stone.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I've been told if you were going to go out and get your feet wet, that this is the place..

I'm bringing the boat home when it gets a little closer. I would like to get a couple practice runs in at Parker with _______________ <---- ad your name here before puddingstone so we don't look like a total cluster fuck..

Observers are ________________ <---- add your name here
Skiers are ___________________ <------ add your name here.

Put up or shut up time party people. :D

RD

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
I'll take a pastrami on rye, no crust and light on the mustard:D

FoxySkier

Foxy Member
Reaction score
I've been told if you were going to go out and get your feet wet, that this is the place..

I'm bringing the boat home when it gets a little closer. I would like to get a couple practice runs in at Parker with _______________ <---- ad your name here before puddingstone so we don't look like a total cluster fuck..

Skiers are ___Foxyskier_________ <------ add your name here.

RD

I'm in! Just give me a few weeks notice so I can make sure I can get work off!!

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score

Skiers are ___________________ <------ add your name here.

RD

If the Sept Puddingstone is anything like what they had listed earlier this year, there will be some "fun" classes not normally at the ski races. I know Denny was there, he will have a better idea of what they ran.

Any drivers and observers planning on competing should start getting their requirements taken care of, physicals for drivers, CPR cards for observers. Life jackets and helmets have to be "current" according to specs in the rules.

Guess I can break out my old Lifeline and be ready to observe if anyone wants to start doing some practice. Happy to work with anyone who wants some help.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
If the Sept Puddingstone is anything like what they had listed earlier this year, there will be some "fun" classes not normally at the ski races. I know Denny was there, he will have a better idea of what they ran.

Any drivers and observers planning on competing should start getting their requirements taken care of, physicals for drivers, CPR cards for observers. Life jackets and helmets have to be "current" according to specs in the rules.

Guess I can break out my old Lifeline and be ready to observe if anyone wants to start doing some practice. Happy to work with anyone who wants some help.

Get your shit ready Barry.. :) I'll start getting things together on my end.

Anyone else want to participate? there's going to be a million classes and I'd like to run as many of them as I can.

I'll go take a CPR class as well, and start getting cert'd equipment together etc.. :)

RD

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
It looks like I'll be in town that weekend as well so I will be there...not sure in what capacity...driver or skier or maybe both? :champagne:

skiracer321

Reaction score
RD, count me in for practice, just let me know when and where but i am going to throw a wrench in for the Puddingstone races. Sherry and i get married that evening and we were sending you an invitation... wedding not until around 6pm though so you should have plenty of time to abuse yourself at the races! Count me in for practices though, boat will be running next week!

GS

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Why you gotta go throwing wrenches into my shit? :D

RD

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
May I ask? why are you going there to do small circles around fishing pond that gets choppy after the first pass? I know there isn't alot of choices in socal but early morning Perris & Elsinore are better than pudding puddle anytime :D

coz

-------------------
Reaction score
Better double check those dates for the Puddingstone race, Appears to be the weekend of September 26/27.

http://www.nwsra.net/09sch.pdf

I didn't realize the race was there :smackhead I guess you do need to practice where the race is :D seeing those last pics of the race there looks like that place will beat the hell out of skiers :D

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score

They basically ran races they way we used to when there were boat & ski clubs: i/e some reg. age class circles where the ages were 'streched', mens & womens novices, then even more fun began. With a flat $30 for everything you competed in, almost everyone did more that 2-3 things. To all those RPD folks who plan to ski, practice your left turns...alot.
________
PRILOSEC LAWYERS

Last edited:

obnoxious001

Reaction score
I didn't realize the race was there :smackhead I guess you do need to practice where the race is :D seeing those last pics of the race there looks like that place will beat the hell out of skiers :D

The normal ski area is not the same as the race course. The one turn in front of the beach is normally the roughest, the long diagonal straight on the other side is usually the fastest.

I am ready to start doing some skiing at Puddingstone, it's 4 miles from my house.

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score
I will be sitting backwards for The Puddle and will be available. 197's staying in Parker for The US Open races.
________
Lovely Wendie99

Last edited:
D

Deleted Account

May I ask? why are you going there to do small circles around fishing pond that gets choppy after the first pass? I know there isn't alot of choices in socal but early morning Perris & Elsinore are better than pudding puddle anytime :D

RD is afraid of the Elsinore water LMAO...:thumbsup

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score
Because it's a bitchin venue !
And no, it doesn't go to hell after the 1st lap.
________
Does cocaine help you study

Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

The last time I put my boat in elsinore the water actually "etched" brown shit into the aluminum wheels.. LOL Do you know how long it took me to polish that shit out? 7 of em?

Actually it's not bad.. I watched the circles there and it was a bitchen venue!

RD is afraid of the Elsinore water LMAO...:thumbsup

Damn right!

That's good considering the Schiada Regatta @ Parker is suppossed to be Sept 12 & 13

I will be at the Schiada regatta for sure! :)

RD

obnoxious001

Reaction score
Where is Puddlestone?

In San Dimas, near the 210 and 57 freeways,, just down the street from the LA County Fairgrounds. Bonelli Park may be easier to look up, than Lake Puddingstone.

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
Thanks ob. SO is this an event for all or just an RDP thing? I can't ski, scared to death of it (when I was young I saw my aunt break her nose water skiing!) so I would be Observing.....which I do quite well!:champagne:

obnoxious001

Reaction score
Thanks ob. SO is this an event for all or just an RDP thing? I can't ski, scared to death of it (when I was young I saw my aunt break her nose water skiing!) so I would be Observing.....which I do quite well!:champagne:

It's an NWSRA event(NWSRA.net), but RD got all excited and wants to get involved. I was deeply involved in ski racing for a whole bunch of years, as were several other RDP members. The event at Puddingstone is kind of a "fun days" type deal, but racing is racing.

If you are close enough, come on down for some of our practice skiing!

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
It's an NWSRA event(NWSRA.net), but RD got all excited and wants to get involved. I was deeply involved in ski racing for a whole bunch of years, as were several other RDP members. The event at Puddingstone is kind of a "fun days" type deal, but racing is racing.

If you are close enough, come on down for some of our practice skiing!

Why can't I come for the real thing? :grumble: Why's it got to be the practice runs? :cool:

Last edited:

obnoxious001

Reaction score
Why can't I come for the real thing? :grumble: Why's it got to be the practice runs? :cool:

More is better. I didn't mean not to come for the race, but that's not until late September. I plan to be skiing out there during the week all summer, got several other RDP members going to come out and start tuning up also.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It's a ski race event to get people out there and involved in the sport.. We just want to give it a try. :)

come on out and watch, if you want to participate and actually get into ski racing a bit and try your hand you have to take a CPR class.. The rest I think there is enough cool people going to this thing that they will teach you..

At least that's what I'm counting on. :D

RD

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
I have a CPR card....!! Oh, I can help!!
I think I may do this. I am sure Chris would be into it also. thanks for the info.

Dave let us know when you guys go up.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Come on up.. :) Like I said right now everything is up in the air, and I don't really know what's what.. but that's why we're going is to figure out what's what, and hwo we can participate. :)

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave.....So does this mean your going to miss the schiada regatta that weekend in parker?!:rolleyes:

I had the dates wrong.. Schiada regatta is 12 - 13.. Race is on the 26th - 27th.. I shot Dona a PM already.

To answer your question though.. I would not be missing the Schiada regatta come hell or high water. LOL

RD

R

Retired Member

I have a CPR card....!! Oh, I can help!!
I think I may do this. I am sure Chris would be into it also. thanks for the info.

Dave let us know when you guys go up.

CPR cert is only good for one year for ski racing, so it must be current, even though the cert card says 3 years on it.

obnoxious001

Reaction score
CPR cert is only good for one year for ski racing, so it must be current, even though the cert card says 3 years on it.

Have to have First Aid as well...

Here is the rule copied from the 2006 rule book, don't see any changes in the listed updates on the site:

7. All observers in order to be qualified must be a minimum of 16 years of
age, must have current American Red Cross First Aid Certification and a
current American Red Cross CPR Card or equivalent prior to participating
in their first race of the year. Teams without a qualified observer will not be
allowed on the race course. Proper certificates must have date of issue. A
certificate without an expiration date will be valid for one year from date of
issue. No CPR certificate will be valid for more than two years from date of
issue. Penalty shall be disqualification from the race in which the infraction
occurred. Additionally, the individual in violation of the rule will lose all of
his or her points for the entire weekend in which the violation occurred

Here is a link to the rulebook, including various ski specifications, class descriptions, etc:

http://www.nwsra.net/06rulebook.pdf

R

Retired Member

Here is the rule copied from the 2006 rule book, don't see any changes in the listed updates on the site:

occurred. Additionally, the individual in violation of the rule will lose all of

Here is a link to the rulebook, including various ski specifications, class descriptions, etc:

Wow, I am still elidgable. I am observing when aRDy skis. :thumbsup

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score

1st Aid Card is good for 3 yrs/ CPR 2
________
Curvy Webcam

Last edited:
D

Deleted Account

Sweet because 8 hours at Red Cross on a Saturday blows...