WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Alright V-Drivers you have my undivided attention..

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You two getting along and working for the same goal ! Real Boats(v-drives) the roots of all boating:champagne: Its way to close to Desert Storm for this to be happening :rolleyes: Lets not forget about drag boats :moon: Carry on:thumbsup

Jerry has been on the mean ever since that whole you don't have the nuts to drive a k boat, and I retorted with race you in sept.. Debaucle. Lol.

None the less.. Progress was made today. :).

RD

overpriced hallet

Reaction score
Hey Dave how about a small sponsorship with an actual race boat at the enduro this year? I got room for some sponsor stickers? Yeah Jerry you heard it I will race my sled! and please don't chime in saying quote" anyone can drive an ocean boat. It takes a man to pedal a flatty" because I don't even wanna hear it!:fingers: Just stay on shore where you belong:moon:

Attachments

• DSC_0187.jpg
    DSC_0187.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 262

67 baron sprint LD 390 FE

Reaction score
I think the old v drive stuff would be bitchen where this stuff came from I like the post I think it was sky skier posted the other day about his dad and dads friend at 80 some yrs old put a couple of flatty's together that's what it's about not how much money you can throw at one and show it , but go out and have some fun with friends and family and keep these things going

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
I have some friends I have not seen in five years that are coming to Vegas this weekend or I would be there.

Rich told me that the live feed was cancelled because he had prior work commitments?

RD

The live feed is supposedly back on with Rich's equipment but somebody else running it. Im camera 1 again just like last year.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Hey Dave how about a small sponsorship with an actual race boat at the enduro this year? I got room for some sponsor stickers? Yeah Jerry you heard it I will race my sled! and please don't chime in saying quote" anyone can drive an ocean boat. It takes a man to pedal a flatty" because I don't even wanna hear it!:fingers: Just stay on shore where you belong:moon:

Why don't you let me drive a leg and well see who comes back with the fastest lap times. :cool:

overpriced hallet

Reaction score
Why don't you let me drive a leg and well see who comes back with the fastest lap times. :cool:
Sure no problem, as long as I can drive a leg with your trailer queen I'm in..:eek: You know you are always :blah::blah::blah: about old school and all so y don't you step up your game and bring it back to the old school and run that bitch like REAL MEN did when the 9 hour was originated!...............................................................................................................................................O wait I forgot ..... UR A PUSS;) And your shit is way to nice to destroy in a Stupid yuppie boat race:fighting:
so with that said you bring your money and we can talk but you mise well start selling parts off your Gold bling machine if you wanna race my p.o.s, Besides I will put as much life in 4 hours on my roach as you will put on your compton cruiser in a lifetime.:skull

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The live feed is supposedly back on with Rich's equipment but somebody else running it. Im camera 1 again just like last year.

1st I have heard of it. I can tell you with what I am doing with Desert Storm this year I am pretty much tapped financially on spending $$ towards boating events right now.

What did you have in mind?

RD

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Sure no problem, as long as I can drive a leg with your trailer queen I'm in..:eek: You know you are always :blah::blah::blah: about old school and all so y don't you step up your game and bring it back to the old school and run that bitch like REAL MEN did when the 9 hour was originated!...............................................................................................................................................O wait I forgot ..... UR A PUSS;) And your shit is way to nice to destroy in a Stupid yuppie boat race:fighting:
so with that said you bring your money and we can talk but you mise well start selling parts off your Gold bling machine if you wanna race my p.o.s, Besides I will put as much life in 4 hours on my roach as you will put on your compton cruiser in a lifetime.:skull

You lasted all of 2 weeks before shitting your pants and selling Hodges flatty. And at last years enduro I taped you idling around for 4 hours....[yawn]

Who's the Puss!!? :violin:

And nobody ever called the 300 a yuppie race. Sober up chief! :smackbum:

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Jerry has been on the mean ever since that whole you don't have the nuts to drive a k boat, and I retorted with race you in sept.. Debaucle. Lol.

None the less.. Progress was made today. :).

RD

Actually Dave, I challenged you! The actual quote is BELOW with the exact words being in RED! I thought it was the perfect answer to THIS thread (which YOU started). :cool:

Will Dave accept the offer from Flatnutz to wheel his K-boat or no?:D:D

If you do I want a piece of ya. :skull

CLICK HERE FOR THE OFFICIAL CALL OUT :champagne:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Actually Dave, I challenged you! The actual quote is BELOW with the exact words being in RED! I thought it was the perfect answer to THIS thread (which YOU started). :cool:

Jerry if you want I can go back and re-read both of those threads... You were saying for a couple of days I wouldn't even show up.. I wouldn't even sit in it.. Let alone drive it. etc..

Man you like to argue just for the sake of arguing, and I don't have a lot of time for that right now, especially trying to do all these things that I just said I'd do.

When you think about it though, lets think about this sept..

If I lose.. I'm supposed to lose.

If I win though.. Oh Jerry, if I win? Can you imagine?

I mean Mr. Flatbottom aka V-Drive Video aka Sharp Shooter aka Mr. Personality himself got spanked by a regular ole yuppie boater that's never even been in a K? This joke will run ya the rest of your term on planet earth I'd damn near guarantee it. :D You will no longer be a father, a husband, v-drive video.. You will no longer be Jerry, with the cool Honcho boat..

You'll just be punchline to every v-drive joke from here on forward.. You'll be the "John" that managed to get bathrooms renamed after himself.. I can almost here people saying "Oh god, don't pull a Jerry that was just embarassing" Before the races..

I wonder if those microphones can pick that up on top of that hydraulic work platform I picture you on.. Better known in the future as the Perch of shame.. I wonder if that boom will be able to lift into the air the humiliation, punch lines, the weight of the world, and to be precise the depravity of any dignity that is required by a man to even get out of bed in the morning.. if you should you come up even a little bit short in sept?

Looking forward to running em buddy.. :D Don't worry about it. No pressure at all. :D

RD

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Jerry if you want I can go back and re-read both of those threads... You were saying for a couple of days I wouldn't even show up.. I wouldn't even sit in it.. Let alone drive it. etc..

Man you like to argue just for the sake of arguing, and I don't have a lot of time for that right now, especially trying to do all these things that I just said I'd do.

When you think about it though, lets think about this sept..

If I lose.. I'm supposed to lose.

If I win though.. Oh Jerry, if I win? Can you imagine?

I mean Mr. Flatbottom aka V-Drive Video aka Sharp Shooter aka Mr. Personality himself got spanked by a regular ole yuppie boater that's never even been in a K? This joke will run ya the rest of your term on planet earth I'd damn near guarantee it. :D You will no longer be a father, a husband, v-drive video.. You will no longer be Jerry, with the cool Honcho boat..

You'll just be punchline to every v-drive joke from here on forward.. You'll be the "John" that managed to get bathrooms renamed after himself.. I can almost here people saying "Oh god, don't pull a Jerry that was just embarassing" Before the races..

I wonder if those microphones can pick that up on top of that hydraulic work platform I picture you on.. Better known in the future as the Perch of shame.. I wonder if that boom will be able to lift into the air the humiliation, punch lines, the weight of the world, and to be precise the depravity of any dignity that is required by a man to even get out of bed in the morning.. if you should you come up even a little bit short in sept?

Looking forward to running em buddy.. :D Don't worry about it. No pressure at all. :D

RD

I still don't think you'll show up! lol!! :D

I would venture to say that your attendence record is less than 50% of what you say you'll do. And when you do show... you're late!!!! lol I'm sure you're probably closer to 100% when it comes to attending parties but thats not the case with v-drive functions including races (where I've heard or read that you said you would go)...

Aside from that, I've watched many people try and drive blown flatties for the first time. As your buddy overpriced hallet found out they are a handfull. lol I'm just as confident you won't win as I would be if we raced dirtbikes on the motocross track. I see it as taking candy from a baby. :champagne::champagne::champagne:

Regardless I'll give you some respect just for trying. :thumbsup

overpriced hallet

Reaction score
You lasted all of 2 weeks before shitting your pants and selling Hodges flatty. And at last years enduro I taped you idling around for 4 hours....[yawn]

Who's the Puss!!? :violin:

And nobody ever called the 300 a yuppie race. Sober up chief! :smackbum:

:rolleyes: At least I was out idling around in the water then being a lame ass supposed race boat owner on the beach:D and besides as stated before we got 5thoutta 13 boats in gn division. 1st time ever racing, and for a lame ass cruiser river boat, not a race boat just slapped some #'s on it so hey I guess it's safe to say those other guys were just a bunch of slapdicks like you??? The point is here OL JER, ur a puss that will always be a puss that sits on the sidelines telling everyone stories:loser: of how you video tapped this and that race the rest of your life:drnkfr. And as far as Hodges boat... I was not shitting my pants:eek: I just wanted to push it and made a decision FLATS ARE GAY!:moon:

Reaction score
Comedy to say the least.

Jerry, what are you going to do with yourself when Dave does hand you your ass?

pixrthis

Reaction score
RD you have way more patience with unreasonable people than I do. One of these members would be better served by keeping his thoughts to himself. Let's get back to making this a better V-drive forum.

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
Comedy to say the least.

Jerry, what are you going to do with yourself when Dave does hand you your ass?

The same thing you'll be doing the day all black people give up fried chicken and watermelon...:D

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
RD you have way more patience with unreasonable people than I do. One of these members would be better served by keeping his thoughts to himself. Let's get back to making this a better V-drive forum.

Relax chief, you're way too uptight. None of this is THAT SERIOUS! :)

{this is the internet]

Sharp Shooter

The "anti-yuppie"
Reaction score
:rolleyes: At least I was out idling around in the water then being a lame ass supposed race boat owner on the beach:D and besides as stated before we got 5thoutta 13 boats in gn division. 1st time ever racing, and for a lame ass cruiser river boat, not a race boat just slapped some #'s on it so hey I guess it's safe to say those other guys were just a bunch of slapdicks like you??? The point is here OL JER, ur a puss that will always be a puss that sits on the sidelines telling everyone stories:loser: of how you video tapped this and that race the rest of your life:drnkfr. And as far as Hodges boat... I was not shitting my pants:eek: I just wanted to push it and made a decision FLATS ARE GAY!:moon:

I actually own 2 retired race boats. :cool: And shooting races is my job. :party: :D:D

I've never claimed to be a hot shot driver, but at least the times I have raced I wasn't just idling around in a big ass day cruiser. :D

Reaction score
The same thing you'll be doing the day all black people give up fried chicken and watermelon...:D

Jerry

I really hope you can back up this talk. Cause if you lose, man I feel bad fort you cause you will never ever ever be looked at the same again.

overpriced hallet

Reaction score
I actually own 2 retired race boats. :cool: And shooting races is my job. :party: :D:D

I've never claimed to be a hot shot driver, but at least the times I have raced I wasn't just idling around in a big ass day cruiser. :D
Yeah I know your M.O:TinkerBell: you drove maybe 5 little laps. 2 heats :eek: you my
friend are deffinatly a duche nozzle at its best:champagne: and just so you know the boat I drove was only a 19":bang:

Attachments

• IMG_2771%20%5B800x600%5D.JPG
    IMG_2771%20%5B800x600%5D.JPG
    189.2 KB · Views: 298

The Doctor

Land Sales GURU
Reaction score
Man, what started out as a great opportunity to increase the v-drive traffic on Dave's site has turned into one of the saddest spitting matches I have ever seen.

Can we get back to making this site more active for the v-drive community. The contest will take care of itself when it happens and all the talk will be over when the results are in. There may be taunting and/or excuses from there but we'll all know how it turned out so why speculate further?

I find this site to be an excellent medium to discuss boats and lots of other things. It's a place where a guy can ask a tech question and get honest answers from those who have been there and done that. It's policed well enough that my grandkids can walk into the office and not risk seeing inappropriate smut and it's filled with good people that often gather to enjoy one another's company. It will always be what we make of it.

boat 569

Reaction score
Man, what started out as a great opportunity to increase the v-drive traffic on Dave's site has turned into one of the saddest spitting matches I have ever seen.

Can we get back to making this site more active for the v-drive community. The contest will take care of itself when it happens and all the talk will be over when the results are in. There may be taunting and/or excuses from there but we'll all know how it turned out so why speculate further?

I find this site to be an excellent medium to discuss boats and lots of other things. It's a place where a guy can ask a tech question and get honest answers from those who have been there and done that. It's policed well enough that my grandkids can walk into the office and not risk seeing inappropriate smut and it's filled with good people that often gather to enjoy one another's company. It will always be what we make of it.

Couldn't of said it better myself.

westair

Reaction score
Pretty sure there all friends .... I think:D:headscratch: .... definetly increased traffic

Last edited:

wrighton

Reaction score
I grew up with V drive's and thats why I keep it my choice of propulsion, not sure I will ever change. Reason one, to damn tough to get one boat up and running little alone think about switching:grumble:

.Sorry about the PDF attachment, it's the only pic I have as a kid on the boat. (Damn Polaroid pictures)

Attachments

• Brian and Wright On Boat.pdf
    12.5 KB · Views: 200
  • v-drive_ads_141.jpg
    v-drive_ads_141.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 240
Last edited:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

With the exception of it being all red, I agree.. :eek:

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Here's what I'll do for the v-drive community.

Free Advertising in this section to any V-DRIVE ORIENTATED company for one year. They can provide me a banner or pay my graphics guy and have one made for them if they do not know how, or want something animated. Companies liek Casale, V-Drive Video, Dave Sammons, Prime Marine, Billy B, the guy that makes the billet shaft log seals etc.. (Animated Banners are 75.00 Stagnant or stagnant rotations are 40.00 my cost)

I will sponsor the next Castle Rock show and shine for RDP, and I will try to sponsor one of Billy's events as well in 2012..

I'll write as many articles about worthy v-drive boats that I can get my hands on in 2012.. Not just "fluff" articles, but real deal nitty gritty kinda stuff.

Any Featured Boats on RDP will recieve all Free Lucas Oil products that are applicable to their boat.

So who's boat would you like to see 1st as a feature?

Would that be RDP "stepping up" in your mind?

RD

Here it is, this is what I can do.

So find me a boat worthy of a featured boat and I'll get on it personally! They will get Free Lucas.

Find me some companies that want banner ads THEY ARE FREE, and we'll get them up ASAP. :) Casale? Billy B? You name it. All they have to do is call and provide a banner or pay the graphics guy direct and I'll make it happen.

RD

overpriced hallet

Reaction score
Hey Sharp I guess we will see you out there shooting some sharp vid this weekend instead of attending the race huh?? :thumbsdown PUSS!:D

Dave Sammons

Reaction score
Dave,
Like a few of the Fellas, I have tried as well to get engaged on the RDP V-Drive forum.
While back I put in a fairly detailed response to a guy that was restoring a flatbottom who was wantin' to know some details on engine placement and such. The post sat un-answered for over a month. I got a little frustrated that someone would pose a question and then not follow up!
I really do appreciate the offer for some advertising, but, I have 3 boats under construction(Wood Deck Riviera, Panic Mouse and a 21 Rayson Craft GN) with 7 more builds on my list after that. Advertising is just not something I need at this point...I have enough confirmed work to keep me busy for quite a while!
Dave, I truly have no tie to PB and find your site, on the whole, much more entertaining and interesting(especially the social forum...PB isn't even close). Being a River Guy, I dig the Vibe for the most part(Would prefer not to see so much profanity in the titles of some of the threads in the lounge, but that's just me...Maybe turns off potential sponsors too? I know free speech, blah blah blah...).
I wish we could get your v-drive section as popular as PB's...would make life a whole easier, but right now, that's where all the conversation and information is, along with guys I have known/raced and vacationed with for many years.
Dave, I will promise you this...
I will, in the coming months, stay engaged on the v-drive section and when I receive delivery of the Panic Mouse from Mr. B., I will start a thread on the build.
Hey, maybe we can build this thing yet!:D:D
Dave

harlanorrin

Reaction score
I second Dave Sammons remarks.
There was a post with a picture of a Tiger Boat. The owner wanted I D on the boat. The seller told him it was a Hallett. When I answered the post with positive I D saying I built the plug for Tiger Boats 18'. He said he was going to regrester the boat as a Hallett because he wanted to. It is his boat. It is discouraging to have information that people ask for but do not want.
My 1955 twin prop-twin rudder Joe Mandella boat is on Dave's list.
HARLAN ORRIN

RyanPartridge

Reaction score
Dave,

Feel free to move my 1968 v-drive resto/project thread(now finished) into the V-Drive section from the Schiada section. No one cares about flattys in there anyways. :p

harlanorrin

Reaction score
Dave,

Feel free to move my 1968 v-drive resto/project thread(now finished) into the V-Drive section from the Schiada section. No one cares about flattys in there anyways. :p

My wife, Mary and my daughters Diana, Denise, and Donna, like flat bottom v-drive boats. They have paid the rent and grocery bills for 56 years.
HARLAN ORRIN

RyanPartridge

Reaction score
My wife, Mary and my daughters Diana, Denise, and Donna, like flat bottom v-drive boats. They have paid the rent and grocery bills for 56 years.
HARLAN ORRIN

I'm with you Harlan.

I just don't think my old flatty would get as much interest in the Schiada(mainly cruiser) forum as it would in the v-drive forum. But who knows...

;)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Dave,
Like a few of the Fellas, I have tried as well to get engaged on the RDP V-Drive forum.
While back I put in a fairly detailed response to a guy that was restoring a flatbottom who was wantin' to know some details on engine placement and such. The post sat un-answered for over a month. I got a little frustrated that someone would pose a question and then not follow up!
I really do appreciate the offer for some advertising, but, I have 3 boats under construction(Wood Deck Riviera, Panic Mouse and a 21 Rayson Craft GN) with 7 more builds on my list after that. Advertising is just not something I need at this point...I have enough confirmed work to keep me busy for quite a while!
Dave, I truly have no tie to PB and find your site, on the whole, much more entertaining and interesting(especially the social forum...PB isn't even close). Being a River Guy, I dig the Vibe for the most part(Would prefer not to see so much profanity in the titles of some of the threads in the lounge, but that's just me...Maybe turns off potential sponsors too? I know free speech, blah blah blah...).
I wish we could get your v-drive section as popular as PB's...would make life a whole easier, but right now, that's where all the conversation and information is, along with guys I have known/raced and vacationed with for many years.
Dave, I will promise you this...
I will, in the coming months, stay engaged on the v-drive section and when I receive delivery of the Panic Mouse from Mr. B., I will start a thread on the build.
Hey, maybe we can build this thing yet!:D:D
Dave

Appreciate the positive comments and thoughts Dave.. Perhaps Andy at Casale could use some love? I look forward to following your build thread too. If you want to suggest a featured boat I'm all ears, and will provide them free Lucas products for their trouble. Oil / V-Drive Oil / etc..

RD

Dave Sammons

Reaction score
Appreciate the positive comments and thoughts Dave.. Perhaps Andy at Casale could use some love? I look forward to following your build thread too. If you want to suggest a featured boat I'm all ears, and will provide them free Lucas products for their trouble. Oil / V-Drive Oil / etc..

RD
Sounds good!:D

harlanorrin

Reaction score
I'm with you Harlan.

I just don't think my old flatty would get as much interest in the Schiada(mainly cruiser) forum as it would in the v-drive forum. But who knows...

;)

There are a lot of Schiada V-drive boats. Maybe some should be posted here!!! Some of them with my wood decks.
HARLAN ORRIN

westair

Reaction score
I'm with you Harlan.

;)

Schiada has their own forum?:D ..... is it posted in here somewhere?

Last edited: