WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Alta Motors

Flynryan

Reaction score
I saw something on tv about the co and bike yesterday, looks interesting. Only thing I dont like is the range. We go on some pretty long rides sometimes. I think they said you could buy the fast charger that charges in an hour or something. I do like the fact of no oil changes and valve adjustments though.

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
Half the fun of riding is a thumping 4 stroke or screaming 2 stroke ...who wants a bike like a leaf ?

Well, me for one..I’d rather be fast then sound fast.

My brother lives at Arrowhead, looking for something to leave up there with license plates, neighbor and Popo friendly.
About the same weight as a WR450, no problems with gas going bad, etc.

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
I wish them well, they have their place. It would be great to be so stealthy. But, I don't see myself buying one for offroad use only because the battery doesn't last long enough for what I do. Let's hope they continue to develop them.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Couple weird things if you ride a lot. No shift lever, no clutch lever, no engine noise. Power is instant and it pulls really hard. I think there are different maps you can get to change the power characteristics. Would I buy one for trail riding, not yet, not enough range, nor options if the battery dies out on the trail. If I had a yard big enough to put a track in I'd buy one in a heartbeat, ride motos till it's out of juice and plug it in the garage until the next day. I rode one at Perris, and then 3 laps at Chaney Ranch on a different one.

Boat211

Reaction score
KTM has one now too. I rode it on Friday but just slowly. This year Red Bull Straight Rythem will be 2 strokes and electric bike only.

River Dirt 2

Brummett 21
Reaction score
I guess I should define the question

. If you rode one did you find it a capable dual sport bike? Did it ride like a gas powered dual sport? Did you notice the weight difference? Did it pull out out of a corner like a gas powered bike? Did the battery limit your normal ride distance? Can it hang with with your gas powered bike during a typical ride?

I’m no fan of anything “ Tesla” per say but seems if you like the dual sport bike over a reasonable range they might be a nice fit. ‘
Does not care about elevation but won’t like high temperatures.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
I guess I should define the question

. If you rode one did you find it a capable dual sport bike? Did it ride like a gas powered dual sport? Did you notice the weight difference? Did it pull out out of a corner like a gas powered bike? Did the battery limit your normal ride distance? Can it hang with with your gas powered bike during a typical ride?

I’m no fan of anything “ Tesla” per say but seems if you like the dual sport bike over a reasonable range they might be a nice fit. ‘
Does not care about elevation but won’t like high temperatures.

I only rode them in a track setting. There wasn't much noticeable weight difference to me, the suspension was softer on one than I normally like, the one at Chaney was valved to hard for my taste, but it was set up for a faster rider. They don't have the range yet to go long distance dual sporting, but would be bitching for that application because they make no noise. Once they sort out the range issues these things will open up all kinds of possibilities to stealthy riders.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
My friend Tim at motoshippers.com delivers for them and he said they are simply amazing bikes to ride.

BingerFang

Reaction score
OC KTM sells them. @BingerFang rode one around the parking lot he said it hauled ass.

Yea it was a blast to ride and I almost crashed it in the parking lot, lol. The power comes on like a freight train, it's truly amazing. The thought of never having to change an air filter or engine oil sure seems intriguing.

getreal

Reaction score
fart.jpg