WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Alternatives to Google Chrome Browser and Google Search - good options

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I haven't used Brave (browser) yet. I have used DuckDuckGo. And there's another browser: Dissenter - I have used it and you can easily save your favorites/bookmarks to it

Right now there’s not a really good solution to the problem of Google and Apple controlling essentially all of the U.S. smartphone market. But there is a really good and easy solution to Google controlling what you see when you search, and having an extremely detailed user profile on you from amassing all your data from using its products: Use Brave for your browser on all your screens (phones, tablets, laptops, desktops, etc.).

Brave will not only get you away from Google’s Chrome browser that your phone uses if you have an Android (Google) system, it will also get you using the search engine DuckDuckGo instead of Google.

Brave is run by Mozilla founder Brendan Eich, who was kicked out of his own tech company for contributing a small amount to a California campaign to recognize male-female marriage as the only one that matters to society (because it’s the only one that organically generates children). Eich is a free speech advocate, and therefore Brave has a reputation for offering far better privacy than the browsers used as data vacuums by bigs like Google, Apple, and Microsoft.

DuckDuckGo is a search engine also explicitly committed to not manipulating results. The more we all use these two services, the better their results get and the more they reflect what unmanipulated searches show people want to actually find. To use DuckDuckGo as your default search engine, all you have to do is install and use Brave, and every time you type a search into the browser bar it automatically uses DuckDuckGo to get your results. If you’ve been using Google for search, you might be surprised at how different the DuckDuckGo results can look.

To get Brave, just go to your app store and search for “brave browser,” or head over to Brave.com on your device.

Whole article here: https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/25/how-to-stop-using-google-search-on-your-computer-and-phone/

RandyH

Huge Member
Reaction score
Bing gets better and better. Except its Microsoft.

ATKpilot

Reaction score
Mozilla Firefox for me.

Winifred Mitchell Baker, the executive chairwoman and CEO of Mozilla, says that deplatforming President Donald Trump “isn’t enough” and has made suggestions for social media and other platforms to crack down on the entire conservative movement.

Google, Mozilla Blacklist Gab’s ‘Dissenter’ Free Speech Browser Extension

Yep, they're real free speech promoters :rolleyes:

Universal Elements

Reaction score
Winifred Mitchell Baker, the executive chairwoman and CEO of Mozilla, says that deplatforming President Donald Trump “isn’t enough” and has made suggestions for social media and other platforms to crack down on the entire conservative movement.

Google, Mozilla Blacklist Gab’s ‘Dissenter’ Free Speech Browser Extension

Yep, they're real free speech promoters :rolleyes:

Yep, always had Mozilla. Got rid of it after all those statements came out.

CarolynandBob

Reaction score
I have used brave for at least a year. Use duckduckgo for search engine. You can put brave on your apple phone as well.

WAAZ

Reaction score
After watching “The Social Dilemma” I switched to Qwant and have been happy with it.