[WTB] Aluminum Scoops

D19

Reaction score
Need 2. 4150. Perfer short style.

Thanks

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
If you are looking for two, you might be putting them on a turbo engine? Keep in mind that the short ones do cause a loss of horsepower. One engine I built showed around 50 hp loss on a 540 turbo engine that was over 1000 hp. He ran the scoops anyway because they looked so good, and I actually ran some years ago on my ski race boat, but I did make some 3/4" spacer rings and welded them to the scoops to improve performance.

D19

Reaction score
If you are looking for two, you might be putting them on a turbo engine? Keep in mind that the short ones do cause a loss of horsepower. One engine I built showed around 50 hp loss on a 540 turbo engine that was over 1000 hp. He ran the scoops anyway because they looked so good, and I actually ran some years ago on my ski race boat, but I did make some 3/4" spacer rings and welded them to the scoops to improve performance.

Yes they are going on a turbo engine.

Thank you for the input. I did wonder how much HP/ airflow I'd loose with the smaller scoops. The more I look at my set up, I'm thinking the taller scoops would look better. Not sure what luck I'll have finding two matching. I have a little time so I figured I would look around before ordering new ones.

enemy

Reaction score
Is this what you are looking for?

IMG_3603.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

enemy

Reaction score
Yes but I need two that match.

Only have the one sorry. If you find another solo one let me know. I’m looking to sell this. It’s in perfect condition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk