WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

aluminum wheel?

termiteguy

Reaction score
aluminum wheel ?I have weld racing wheels on my truck and one of them cracked where the two pieces are welded together can they be fixed and any recommendation in south oc I really don't want to spend the money on new wheels

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Going to have to be a tad more specific to get any help :rolleyes

termiteguy

Reaction score
sorry I suck at computers I edited my first post:grumble:

nordictom

Reaction score
There are a few wheel repair biz places in Santa Ana, e.g. Mag Masters.

NT

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Would you like to see a pic of the weld 22's off my old truck that are sitting in my back yard?

Good luck

termiteguy

Reaction score
Would you like to see a pic of the weld 22's off my old truck that are sitting in my back yard?

Good luck
No thanks mine are 17 inch I wound have to buy all new tires and at 35 inch tall that would be really expensive

707dog

Reaction score
not sure what kind of wheel brand you got, but iv found by the time you mount /dismount tire, waiting for rim to get repaired it was easier and cheaper just to buy a new one and swap tire. now if you have some "KUSTOM" wheel that's not readily available at most rim shops then maybe go the fix it route...2cents

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Try these guys : Coast to Coast Intl. 1-800-873-3746

They do all sorts of stock wheels, fast shipping etc. Dunno if your Welds are a stock type on something, but they also do repair and have several outlets in SoCal.

Good luck!

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I seriously doubt that the 2 pc. Weld wheels have enough load rating to handle 35" tires.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
No thanks mine are 17 inch I wound have to buy all new tires and at 35 inch tall that would be really expensive

The reason I asked is because certain weld wheels are notorious for cracking. I have a set that one wheel cracked. I was advised by all the fix it shops that as soon as they fix it, they will most likely crack somewhere else, and so on and so on.. So I now have a set of three thousand dollar 22's that are worthless..

Backlash

Reaction score
"Worthless" might a stretch RD. I'm sure a scrap yard/recycling center would give you a few cents on the dollar for them. :D

Then you'd only be out $2,980! :D

termiteguy

Reaction score
The reason I asked is because certain weld wheels are notorious for cracking. I have a set that one wheel cracked. I was advised by all the fix it shops that as soon as they fix it, they will most likely crack somewhere else, and so on and so on.. So I now have a set of three thousand dollar 22's that are worthless..

I called weld wheels they only do off-road stuff now and don't warranty any of their street legal wheels

PVHCA

Reaction score
Try these guys : Coast to Coast Intl. 1-800-873-3746

They do all sorts of stock wheels, fast shipping etc. Dunno if your Welds are a stock type on something, but they also do repair and have several outlets in SoCal.

Good luck!

C 2 C does not do repairs, only refinish, they have ZERO to do with aftermarket alloy wheels.

I called weld wheels they only do off-road stuff now and don't warranty any of their street legal wheels

Weld has been BK a few times and they will not warranty any structural issues, ie cracks, ie RD's BS that he went through.

Post a pic of the crack so I can see if we can repair it.

PVHCA

Reaction score
Don't bother with the pic, I re read ur initial post, it's junk, SORRY!!