WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Always pay cash šŸ˜

gqchris

Reaction score
Ouch

They need someone to council them on having a balanced life.

Money ! Always give some, save some and spend some. If they never "spend some" that could explain the 8 years in dry dock.
DRY DOCK! Yes, that is the exact perfect term for that.

And you are right, they don't spend anything, including on their ladies. So its no question why they get no ass! LOL

I just sent Mama with some cash to South Coast to get herself a mothers day gift or two or three

. Looks like my daily Ship launch will be right on time today:D

C08H18

Reaction score
Born in 1958, happy and stress-free today.

1) Everything owned is either an appreciating asset or depreciating asset. Make decisions that increase your net worth. The decision process will tell if a loan or mortgage is better than paying cash.
2) Shit happens. When shit happens, make sure you can liquidate and keep a room over your head and food on the table. It's ok to go gamblin' but make sure you have cab money to get home.

Hammer

Reaction score
Born in 1958, happy and stress-free today.

1) Everything owned is either an appreciating asset or depreciating asset. Make decisions that increase your net worth. The decision process will tell if a loan or mortgage is better than paying cash.
2) Shit happens. When shit happens, make sure you can liquidate and keep a room over your head and food on the table. It's ok to go gamblin' but make sure you have cab money to get home.

Well put!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your ad here

Reaction score
The risk to finance toys just doesn't seem appealing and at the end of the day it's not your toy, it's the lenders and you just have possession until it's paid in full. People say they have money in the bank making money so that's why they finance and if things get bad, the money is in the bank. This makes sense but really doesn't. What are banks paying? 1/10th of a percent so you make $100 a year on $100,000 in the bank. It's secure but not making much. I have money invested in the stock market. My account is up more than 20% annually. In a dive of a year it can loose more than 50% of it's value and take years to get back to it's high number but I'm young and am in this for the long run. If a dive of a year happened will there be enough money to keep making payments or be able to pay someone to take away a recurring debt? For both toys and stock market you want to buy low and sell high. It would really suck to be broke in a slow economy because of a bunch of debt, because that's the time to buy.

BigBeto

Reaction score
Now and days Interest rates are extremely low, however sales taxes are insane, not to mention registration, insurance, luxury tax etc. Iā€™ll stick to my nostalgic boats, cars, and motorcycles. Instead of making payments over time, Iā€™ll build them over time to my liking with parts and materials I know will last a lifetime. The quality of some of these boats coming out now and days is very questionable especially these new motors with all the emissions junk and these mostly plastic production UTVā€™s. Donā€™t get me wrong I still finance many things but itā€™s mostly on the business side equipment/machinery.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
The risk to finance toys just doesn't seem appealing and at the end of the day it's not your toy, it's the lenders and you just have possession until it's paid in full. People say they have money in the bank making money so that's why they finance and if things get bad, the money is in the bank. This makes sense but really doesn't. What are banks paying? 1/10th of a percent so you make $100 a year on $100,000 in the bank. It's secure but not making much. I have money invested in the stock market. My account is up more than 20% annually. In a dive of a year it can loose more than 50% of it's value and take years to get back to it's high number but I'm young and am in this for the long run. If a dive of a year happened will there be enough money to keep making payments or be able to pay someone to take away a recurring debt? For both toys and stock market you want to buy low and sell high. It would really suck to be broke in a slow economy because of a bunch of debt, because that's the time to buy.
Schools first summer savings is a lot better than a 1/10 of a percent. Compound interest is something Einstein had a good quote on. Itā€™s on the wall in my classroom.