WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Am i the only one having problems with isolation?

H20 Toie

Party on Garth
Reaction score
Who would have thought that having alone time all the time would be an issue,
Now granted i have been know to partake in a drink or two ( well maybe 10+ :) ) but i don't drink at home by myself which might be compounding my anxiety but damn this being alone is now becoming way harder than i thought, hell now i even read all the texts that i get everyday from the ex,

I am kind of surprised at hard this has become, now that its warmer out at least i can go hang out in the pool but again swimming or hanging out in the jacuzzi by yourself just isn't the same,

Its was hard enough laying off people that have worked for me for 20 years and having no idea when i can hire them back, hell just hoping that i can still have something left to hire them back, but i need to make it work so that they have jobs to come back to, And i realize that not sleeping at night is probably stress related from worrying the company, unfortunately i deal with chase bank so i got totally fucked over by them with the loan deal,
But in the grand scope of things it seems so silly that i am worried about being byself when there is so much other things to deal with.
How do you coup? i don't think drinking is the answer as good as it sounds.

Ok sorry this was a stupid post just felt the need to vent.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
skype has been my savior. Your not drinking alone your drinking with friends. Sorry about the company. Based on your posts it always looked like you took care of your people. This to shall pass.

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
Go out, just keep your distance and don't touch everything. Wear a mask if you are going into heavily populated areas. Wash your hands before you leave your house, and right after you enter. Try not to touch your face when you are out. None of that will stop you from getting the virus, but some fresh air and interaction with other people is good for everyone. We just have to be smart about it.

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I can relate. I wanted to take a drive out to the poppy fields in Lancaster today. I know the trails are closed within the fields and have no issue with that. I just found ou that the roads leading to the fields are also closed. :(

Not sure what harm can be found with driving there and looking at the poppy fields from the comfort of my vehicle.

Now granted i have been know to partake in a drink or two ( well maybe 10+ :) ) but i don't drink at home by myself which might be compounding my anxiety but damn this being alone is now becoming way harder than i thought, hell now i even read all the texts that i get everyday from the ex,

I am kind of surprised at hard this has become, now that its warmer out at least i can go hang out in the pool but again swimming or hanging out in the jacuzzi by yourself just isn't the same,

Its was hard enough laying off people that have worked for me for 20 years and having no idea when i can hire them back, hell just hoping that i can still have something left to hire them back, but i need to make it work so that they have jobs to come back to, And i realize that not sleeping at night is probably stress related from worrying the company, unfortunately i deal with chase bank so i got totally fucked over by them with the loan deal,
But in the grand scope of things it seems so silly that i am worried about being byself when there is so much other things to deal with.

Spudsbud

Reaction score
JM2C
Agreed buddy. Chase is Terrible on all levels. Blew them off years ago for BofA.
Never looked back.

FishSniper

Reaction score
I can relate. I wanted to take a drive out to the poppy fields in Lancaster today. I know the trails are closed within the fields and have no issue with that. I just found ou that the roads leading to the fields are also closed. :(

Not sure what harm can be found with driving there and looking at the poppy fields from the comfort of my vehicle.
Exactly. Apparently in Encinitas they were citing people that were parked in their cars watching the sunset couple weeks back. Talk about ridiculous and going overboard.

Thunderhead1

Reaction score

Go hang out at Home Depot, Lowes or Walmart... watch them rake in the dough as your Business is crumbling before your eyes.... That is a reality check.... How can you go hang out there , But your not supposed to see your family , Friends etc etc....

Stop drinking the Kool Aid ... Get out side... open your business..

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score

Lots of poppies out in Leona valley and surrounding areas.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score

Pick up the phone and call someone!

Been talking a lot more lately to friends I don't see very often. Always cool to catch up and have some good laughs!

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
IMO it's time to start reaching out to your clients and prepping for the re-opening of America.

Get shit lined up, get your employees ready to come back, set a date like the first of May and get to it Dan!

We have all done our part up to this point, within our own limits, I doubt anyone is going to blame you for opening up again.

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score

They only difference between you and me is I have the better half to drink and float in the pool with. As far as everything else your dealing with, I feel your stress. Everyday this bullshit quarantine is in effect is one day closer to being out of business. So stressful.

dribble

Reaction score
We went on a motorcycle ride yesterday with three bikes. There were police everywhere and we were all speeding and nobody gave us a second look. We then went back to my GF's brother's and had ribs and tri tip with beers and tequila shots. I had to leave my bike there (too many shots) and my GF drove us home in her Sister In Law's new Caddy. There were about 15 people there, eating, drinking, playing horseshoes etc. Fuck Newsom and his power grab.

Advantage 1

Reaction score
Yup... over it as well. I missed the boat, pun intended, and did not have the annual service done it Feb... won't hit the water until that is done. Would love to FedEx the keys to Mr. Fluent, but the boat is a complete mess from last trip out... no way will he perform the service on a dirty boat.

Continue to get out running & walking for groceries and stuff, but with the bars & restaurants closed, this is old.