WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Amazon Distribution Center in Redlands on Fire

sintax

Reaction score
yea, heard its not an amazon owned building, but a 3rd party they do business with.

Sherpa

Reaction score
that's not good....……. we'll see the outcome of messages to employees if this is true.

Ladsm

Reaction score
3rd party storage facility, no conveyance and very few people. My guess is lithium battery fire. Just a guess but its super common

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
No mention of Amazon on Ch11. At this time they are describing it as a large warehouse fire.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
yea, heard its not an amazon owned building, but a 3rd party they do business with.
I don't think Amazon owns all of their buildings. We just finished upgrading the fire sprinklers at a new distribution center in Fullerton and we are starting a another one in Santa Monica.

Meaney77

Reaction score
KTLA Reported Amazon 1st thing this morning, looks like our orders will be late!

Crazy to see how some of the walls crumbled in once the roof was destroyed. Walls appeared to be pretty thick concrete.

snafu

Reaction score
Concrete tilt up that was a fairly new build, company was Kuehun Nagel a third party logistics firm

X Hoser

Reaction score
Now reporting NOT Amazon. Fire load must have been very volatile to get that big that fast. Lithium batteries as mentioned above makes sense but have now knowledge myself. News also stating 100 employees in the building when it started. All got out safe but not talking to reporters. Many close friends from all of the agencies fighting the fire. Be Safe!

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
I don't think Amazon owns all of their buildings. We just finished upgrading the fire sprinklers at a new distribution center in Fullerton and we are starting a another one in Santa Monica.

should have done the Redlands location last week. ;)

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
should have done the Redlands location last week. ;)

Im sure if its a newer building the fire sprinklers that were installed were already designed for high pile storage (ESFR) and put out the most water then any other head. Maybe even a fire pump. But if a raging fire starts on the outside of the building, looks like trailers in this case and continues inside. No fire sprinkler is going to put out that type of fire. ;)

LHC Kirby

LifeTime Member
Reaction score
Im sure if its a newer building the fire sprinklers that were installed were already designed for high pile storage (ESFR) and put out the most water then any other head. Maybe even a fire pump. But if a raging fire starts on the outside of the building, looks like trailers in this case and continues inside. No fire sprinkler is going to put out that type of fire. ;)

As long as the sprinkler system was turned on - I have done inspections and found systems completely shut-down..... come to find out they had maintenance down two days prior, company was coming back with a part the next day.... also after a tenant moves in - they will make alterations to the high pile stock shelving. I have seen where they cut holes in the plywood shelving to add a shelf and the sprinkler heads for an entire row where 6" above the plywood. In this situation, IF the head were to activate - it would be useless and the fire would grow big enough to over run the system. SO many factors to be considered.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
As long as the sprinkler system was turned on - I have done inspections and found systems completely shut-down..... come to find out they had maintenance down two days prior, company was coming back with a part the next day.... also after a tenant moves in - they will make alterations to the high pile stock shelving. I have seen where they cut holes in the plywood shelving to add a shelf and the sprinkler heads for an entire row where 6" above the plywood. In this situation, IF the head were to activate - it would be useless and the fire would grow big enough to over run the system. SO many factors to be considered.

Yep. We see it all the time. Our company does quarterly, semi-annual, annual and 5 year inspections on commercial buildings. We fill out the paper work and send it to the local fire dept. With or without corrections. Half the time the fire department files the paper work and doesn't do anything. The other half they will make the building owner / tenant fix the problems. Depends on the city / department. We can't make them fix anything.

AJ13

Reaction score
I work in Yucaipa and the smell from the fire is really bad.

tb230razor

Reaction score
Yep. We see it all the time. Our company does quarterly, semi-annual, annual and 5 year inspections on commercial buildings. We fill out the paper work and send it to the local fire dept. With or without corrections. Half the time the fire department files the paper work and doesn't do anything. The other half they will make the building owner / tenant fix the problems. Depends on the city / department. We can't make them fix anything.

I sent you a PM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

traquer

Reaction score
I work in Yucaipa and the smell from the fire is really bad.

At least we all have masks now... Lithium fire and shit can't be too good to breath in

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
I guess my blasting caps on Prime will be delayed.
Lol, I got all worried too. Ordered a battery for wifes laptop late yesterday with Saturday eta, it's now out for delivery a day early.😄

Sbarry

Reaction score
This was on my way into work... never seen anything like it.

Attachments

• IMG_1312.MOV
    60 MB